💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Sharon Gault Vs. Tara Savelo

Alien Tulip

96 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is Gaga's best Personal Makeup Artist?

• Sharon Gault
    • Tara Savelo

Featured Posts

colours

Tara did amazing makeup this day. The peach lips goes well with the mint blush that parallels with the mint hair. Reminded me of Fame era Gaga a little bit. I can almost imagine FameGa talking in this pic.

tumblr_mnzksytGPf1qga1iko1_500.jpg

I love it but I always hate when she does the tape on her forehead under the wigs to pull her face back

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alien Tulip

I love it but I always hate when she does the tape on her forehead under the wigs to pull her face back

I hate when she actually lets the tape show.

tumblr_mnzl6jxdb41qga1iko1_500.jpg

colours

I hate when she actually lets the tape show.

tumblr_mnzl6jxdb41qga1iko1_500.jpg

or when her wig is like this  :eww:

upVxVTrt_zRl.jpg

I can't really say I prefer one to the other.  Both makeup artists were obviously going for a different direction.

The one thing about Gaga's makeup with Sharon was that the makeup made Gaga look her age for the most part.  It was young, fresh, and fun with matched perfectly well with The Fame Era.  However, Gaga's makeup with Tara seemed to go in the opposite direction.  The styles Tara does is very bold, heavy and surreal where Sharon's style was more light and cutesy.  Like Sharon's designs, Tara's designs with went very well with the TFM era and the BTW era. 

My only criticism with Tara is that the makeup can come off as heavy and make Gaga look a little older than she is.  However, we've also seen some of the most organic looks in the post BTW era (as shown in the last photo) where Gaga isn't wearing too much makeup so Tara is capable of creating a fresh look as well as heavy and cartoonish.

People are forgetting that Gaga has always stood for defining her own beauty and much of the BTW era was doing just that which is why Tara make up styling worked so well.  It was out of the box and creative.

nick4bty

I can't stand the way Tara does makeup. FameGa and FameMonsterGaga were miles better than BTWGa. 

Sister

Out of the pictures provided, I choose Tara.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Alien Tulip

I can't really say I prefer one to the other.  Both makeup artists were obviously going for a different direction.

The one thing about Gaga's makeup with Sharon was that the makeup made Gaga look her age for the most part.  It was young, fresh, and fun with matched perfectly well with The Fame Era.  However, Gaga's makeup with Tara seemed to go in the opposite direction.  The styles Tara does is very bold, heavy and surreal where Sharon's style was more light and cutesy.  Like Sharon's designs, Tara's designs with went very well with the TFM era and the BTW era. 

My only criticism with Tara is that the makeup can come off as heavy and make Gaga look a little older than she is.  However, we've also seen some of the most organic looks in the post BTW era (as shown in the last photo) where Gaga isn't wearing too much makeup so Tara is capable of creating a fresh look as well as heavy and cartoonish.

People are forgetting that Gaga has always stood for defining her own beauty and much of the BTW era was doing just that which is why Tara make up styling worked so well.  It was out of the box and creative.

Pretty much

Damn this thread is harsh for Tara. You know people have feelings, right?

I choose Tara, of course. I'm not too familiar with Sharon Gault but from what I can see, her make-up is fun and fresh and that's not something I find interesting. It didn't seem to do anything to Gaga's face and that's not what I research in make-up. I like make-up to carve a face, to change its proportions all the time, and Tara did that brilliantly. I mean, the 'd--gged out' looks Gaga wore during the BTWBall era are outstanding, the big brown socked tired eyes with bald overdrawn lips, I love it!

Should I add that Tara did Gaga's makeup for the Monster Ball and it was always flawless?

Val Garland was definiteIy the greatest mua Gaga's worked with. The Mugler hooker look...

The late Richard Sharah would have been an amazing match for Gaga too. For the next era, I see Peter Phillips or someone like Alex Box.

Kermit the frog

Tara is actually great, those examples are quite bad though :(

Giorno Giovanna

Tara is hit or miss

Sharon instead has been always good, not groundbreaking but on a good steady level -> Sharon

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

aaronyoji

tara. gaga's early makeup hid her features, and quite frankly she looked bad. tara + onward, gaga's features where more complimented. so yeah, tara takes the cake....face.....lol..... 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived