Jump to content
question

Did Tim Burton fail to deliver?


Guest

Did Tim Burton fail to deliver?  

457 members have voted

  1. 1. Did Tim Burton fail to deliver? Answer only based on Tim Burton

    • Yes, expected more from him
      308
    • No, he did what he was supposed to do
      149


Featured Posts

I want to ask this question only based on Tim Burton and nothing else.
 

We’re not here to discuss the song or Gaga. 
 

Do you think Tim Burton did a bad job with the music video or not? Did you expect more from him? Do you think the music video screams directed by Tim Burton?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Decodekid

I hate to be the one spreading negativity here, but yes, that music video was very weak, love the song regardless. :fatcat:

hi
Link to post
Share on other sites

Decodekid

Some shots felt too long, there really wasn't much going on as well, Idk it seemed off. A Gaga X Tim Burton collab could've had way more potential than this

hi
Link to post
Share on other sites

Levine

Knowing Gaga's videography AND knowing Burton's works, of course I was expecting more. It's undeniable that.
I mean, if someone tells you you're about to watch a Lady Gaga's video directed by Tim Burton you expect something crazy, dark, strong, etc.

But that said, I liked the video because for me Gaga's charisma was enough to give me what I wanted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. The video is ok (I mean it's a cvnty tiktok dance tutorial but it is what it is) but given the hype we had hearing the news that she went to the cursed-doll island in Mexico w/ Tim Burton for a video, the expectations were SKY HIGH. 

A bit more grit, more outfits would do the trick. The first 40 seconds of the video was quite good but had me worried that it'd keep going like that and then it did :selena:

Not particularly blaming Gaga or the Haus but Tim Burton really just phoned it in.

Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?
Link to post
Share on other sites

Luv u Sum

the video was kinda what i expected (mainly cuz the leak) but it was kinda boring to me outside of gaga's performance. and apparently they used AI to animate the dolls which pisses me off so bad 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Breast

Felt like the dolls coming alive should've been used way more, as much as I hate them. Other than that it's a good video :shrug:

Teen distortion | survived abortion
Link to post
Share on other sites

BrandyFinest

Loved the song but the whole video felt like it was on auto pilot, there was very little spunk to any of it. 

 

Respects to Burton of course but I wish she would have collabed with another director. Francis Lawrence and Robert Rodriguez both delivered a lot with music videos for BR and ROM respectively so she can clearly get a lot out of big Hollywood directors for her music videos. 

Hey Ariana, what's MJ? https://youtu.be/xF-XLOYVrUw?si=T9TAr6-HLD_ZWmUy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fatigay

The video is giving Covid era. Minimal sets, lot of shots of her alone, handful of masked dancers.. mixed with TEOG last-minute switch

911, an actual (surprise) Covid era video, had more actors, sets, choreo, story, and a much bigger scope.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, thierryrreiht said:

mixed with TEOG last-minute switch

I know the meltdowns regarding TEOG vid at its time (I too may have participated in it, being my 13 y/o self :flower:) but I think it aged gorgeously. Hope the same happens to TDD! 

Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?
Link to post
Share on other sites

TheOriginalOne

The video could have been made in front of a green screen. They did not do the location justice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

lastpopicon
5 minutes ago, Luv u Sum said:

the video was kinda what i expected (mainly cuz the leak) but it was kinda boring to me outside of gaga's performance. and apparently they used AI to animate the dolls which pisses me off so bad 

They did not use AI:

The melody that you choose can rescue you
Link to post
Share on other sites

CYCLOPS

I'm a bit confused about Tim Burton and his recent projects. He seems barely involved in the actual creative work anymore. In the case of a music video where the styling and set design are handled by others, what exactly is his contribution? I get that people expect a certain visual signature from him, but here it feels like his role was limited to directing Gaga. So maybe it makes sense that we don’t see much of his touch in the final video. So... What's the point ? Did he even choose the setting and the concept? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...