Gimme More 35,839 Posted August 22, 2025 Share Posted August 22, 2025 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
JOLT 1,745 Posted August 22, 2025 Share Posted August 22, 2025 she's kinda boring but i really like her Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
BloodyM 1,297 Posted August 22, 2025 Share Posted August 22, 2025 This is giving me P!nk vibes in a way, I like it! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gimme More 35,839 Posted August 22, 2025 Author Share Posted August 22, 2025 2 hours ago, Jolt said: she's kinda boring but i really like her If you watch her interviews she’s the furthest thing from boring. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,628 Posted August 22, 2025 Share Posted August 22, 2025 19 minutes ago, BloodyM said: This is giving me P!nk vibes in a way, I like it! Its definitely giving recent P!nk vibes, but its lacking a little bit of bite to the delivery. The gays know how to party Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
BloodyM 1,297 Posted August 22, 2025 Share Posted August 22, 2025 3 minutes ago, Bronco said: Its definitely giving recent P!nk vibes, but its lacking a little bit of bite to the delivery. I agree Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
TaylorSwift 164,471 Posted August 23, 2025 Share Posted August 23, 2025 I've seen a lot of people saying that it sounds like 'Shout out to My Ex' Vote for me: https://www.grammy.com/vote/taylor-swift Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
StrawberryBlond 15,738 Posted August 24, 2025 Share Posted August 24, 2025 I really like it, definitely her best single yet, and I've been neutral about her songs so far. Cleverly written, her voice is great and she sings it with such genuine passion. My only issue is, it's a bit too inspired by Sabrina Carpenter. I don't get the suggestion that it's very Pink inspired, this is straight out of Sabrina's playbook. The theme of f-boy boyfriends, the big hook of a chorus, the hair and clothes, the comedic music video. It's very cosplay-esque because of it and I'm surprised no one's calling it out. I just can't help but think that Perrie's taking this route as a means to take advantage of a sound and look that the public are into right now. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Killa 18,952 Posted August 24, 2025 Share Posted August 24, 2025 Oh i like her voice. Its slightly similar to shout out to my ex, specially the rythm and slightly out of fashion but the production Is pretty minimal that It still sounds modern. Honestly this would be Amazing for Katy Perry. People saying Pink ahah its 2020 Pink done by Taylor swift Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
liamgaga 836 Posted August 24, 2025 Share Posted August 24, 2025 13 hours ago, Teletubby said: I've seen a lot of people saying that it sounds like 'Shout out to My Ex' It does have a hint of that but feels more grown up and evolved, I really like it!!! And I've been lukewarm with most of her other singles Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gimme More 35,839 Posted August 24, 2025 Author Share Posted August 24, 2025 9 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said: I really like it, definitely her best single yet, and I've been neutral about her songs so far. Cleverly written, her voice is great and she sings it with such genuine passion. My only issue is, it's a bit too inspired by Sabrina Carpenter. I don't get the suggestion that it's very Pink inspired, this is straight out of Sabrina's playbook. The theme of f-boy boyfriends, the big hook of a chorus, the hair and clothes, the comedic music video. It's very cosplay-esque because of it and I'm surprised no one's calling it out. I just can't help but think that Perrie's taking this route as a means to take advantage of a sound and look that the public are into right now. I mean to me, it is very Little Mix 'Shout Out To My Ex' than Sabrina. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,628 Posted August 24, 2025 Share Posted August 24, 2025 11 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said: I don't get the suggestion that it's very Pink inspired, this is straight out of Sabrina's playbook. The theme of f-boy boyfriends, the big hook of a chorus, the hair and clothes, the comedic music video. Like.....excluding the hair and clothes, how is it not P!nk? P!nk is one of the OG anti-****boi pop acts. She predates the term ****boi. There You Go, You Make Me Sick, Just Like a Pill, Respect, U+Ur Hand, Centerfold, Last to Know, Try too Hard, Walk Away, So What, Beautiful Trauma etc etc Comedic videos? Stupid Girls/Dont Let Me Get Me/So What/Blow Me One Last Kiss/all the stage videos she had made for Funhouse Summer Carnival 2010. Like, literally Sabrina Carpenter's man hater image is just P!nk if she didn't smoke and drink 😂 The gays know how to party Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
StrawberryBlond 15,738 Posted August 24, 2025 Share Posted August 24, 2025 7 hours ago, Gimme More said: I mean to me, it is very Little Mix 'Shout Out To My Ex' than Sabrina. Yes, it does sound a lot like that too but the actual lyrics are extremely Sabrina coded. But it's more than just the song, it's the visual image and video as well. Sabrina has legit worn that exact preppy outfit with her hair in the same way with the hairband and this is exactly the kind of video she'd make. 6 hours ago, Bronco said: Like.....excluding the hair and clothes, how is it not P!nk? P!nk is one of the OG anti-****boi pop acts. She predates the term ****boi. There You Go, You Make Me Sick, Just Like a Pill, Respect, U+Ur Hand, Centerfold, Last to Know, Try too Hard, Walk Away, So What, Beautiful Trauma etc etc Comedic videos? Stupid Girls/Dont Let Me Get Me/So What/Blow Me One Last Kiss/all the stage videos she had made for Funhouse Summer Carnival 2010. Like, literally Sabrina Carpenter's man hater image is just P!nk if she didn't smoke and drink 😂 These lyrics aren't exactly the way Pink would sing about the same topic, though. She does it in a much more ballsy and explicit way. It's the entire picture of song, fashion and video that makes it all look like Sabrina. Point is, Pink hasn't done this style in a long time but it's what Sabrina's doing right now so it makes sense that Perrie's inspiration could be from someone a lot more current with a very recent chart presence. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.