StarstruckIllusion 53,795 Posted August 10, 2024 Share Posted August 10, 2024 See now this is a much better response than last time! Highlight what youre doing without sneering at your base, yes. Classy behaviour from the uniter in cheif 6 minutes ago, Aren said: Not good enough for the far left, I fear. They want the complete eradication of Israel. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
StarstruckIllusion 53,795 Posted August 10, 2024 Share Posted August 10, 2024 23 minutes ago, faysalaaa said: Even though I dont have much hope she will do anything about Israel, im glad she addressed it the correct way, and knows that Arab Americans will hold her accountable for it. I also think its strategically a mistake to include Biden, when she needs to distance herself from his approach to Israel. Please understand she can’t forcefully depart from Biden. She’s the sitting VP and he’s the sitting president. It’s a thing where VPs can’t stand outside of their president on policy goals. When Biden came out for gay marriage before Obama did - it was a big **** storm. I am seeing clues that Kamala will be substantially better on I/P in office, so I’m waiting til then to hold her feet to the fire. I said last time that I dont agree with the protesters but I reverse that now bc they need to keep this issue alive Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Emvee 8,886 Posted August 10, 2024 Share Posted August 10, 2024 3 hours ago, Aren said: Not good enough for the far left, I fear. They want the complete eradication of Israel. You should spend less time talking about leftists and spend more time working towards a sovereign Palestinian state and paying them reparations so you can break the cycle of hate. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
REALITY 80,347 Posted August 10, 2024 Share Posted August 10, 2024 Far better response than last time. I hope if she’s elected, she’ll actually make progress towards that. 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔞𝔴𝔞𝔶 𝔦𝔱𝔰 𝔪𝔞𝔰𝔨 𝔞𝔫𝔡...𝔦𝔱𝔰 𝔣𝔞𝔠𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔢. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Othon 34,299 Posted August 10, 2024 Share Posted August 10, 2024 This is exactly why everyone who trashed the protestors yesterday (in addition to being morally repugnant, like telling people protesting someone actively arming the Nazis to shut up and stop complaining) had no idea what they were talking about politically. The only reason she said this today, at her rally in front of people, was because she was rightfully torn apart for her relatively heinous "clapback" moment last night while in a swing state with the largest Arab population in the country. Like others have already said, this is obviously a PR stunt, and doesn't signal any major shift from what Biden's been doing for the last several months. Pay lip service to activists, performatively say the word "ceasefire" but then privately refuse to stop giving Israel the bombs they're using to kill Palestinians, which is the only means of actually forcing a ceasefire: Thank god activists are going to continue to push her on this before the election, including at the DNC in Chicago. She's has zero incentive to actually listen to anyone protesting the genocide that she's said she's going to continue to fund if she's already in office. Also, the idea that it's unpopular to oppose what Israel is doing and that she has to be pro-Israel to win is a lie. Most Americans don't support what they're doing: https://truthout.org/articles/the-majority-of-americans-now-disapprove-of-israels-genocide-polling-finds/ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MessyTop 14,389 Posted August 10, 2024 Share Posted August 10, 2024 Our future president! Hope and understanding. is so refreshing to have a compassionate politician. She’s gonna flip all those states!!! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
faysalaaa 5,382 Posted August 10, 2024 Share Posted August 10, 2024 24 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said: Please understand she can’t forcefully depart from Biden. She’s the sitting VP and he’s the sitting president. It’s a thing where VPs can’t stand outside of their president on policy goals. When Biden came out for gay marriage before Obama did - it was a big **** storm. I am seeing clues that Kamala will be substantially better on I/P in office, so I’m waiting til then to hold her feet to the fire. I said last time that I dont agree with the protesters but I reverse that now bc they need to keep this issue alive Her verbal support of Palestinians doesnt contradict Bidens verbal support of Palestinians. So it would be better strategically to not even mention Biden. Im not attacking her for mentioning Biden, im just commenting on how it would be better for her to not mention him when she talks about Palestine. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
StarstruckIllusion 53,795 Posted August 10, 2024 Share Posted August 10, 2024 5 minutes ago, faysalaaa said: Her verbal support of Palestinians doesnt contradict Bidens verbal support of Palestinians. So it would be better strategically to not even mention Biden. Im not attacking her for mentioning Biden, im just commenting on how it would be better for her to not mention him when she talks about Palestine. Fair, but her openness to meeting with the uncommitted movement and the fact she was the first to call for a ceasefire is what gives me hope. I think it’s a good move to mention current efforts say “at least we’re doing something and you shouldn’t have to wait til January 2025” Unless a wider war breaks out. That’d be bad. Wouldn’t put it past BiBi to screw Biden over like that Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MessyTop 14,389 Posted August 10, 2024 Share Posted August 10, 2024 9 minutes ago, faysalaaa said: Her verbal support of Palestinians doesnt contradict Bidens verbal support of Palestinians. So it would be better strategically to not even mention Biden. Im not attacking her for mentioning Biden, im just commenting on how it would be better for her to not mention him when she talks about Palestine. I hear what you say and I see your point, but she’s still playing politics. She still needs all the Biden voters to back her up and Biden has 6 more months in the White House, give her some slack, is very complicated to navigate. I truly believe in my heart, she’s gonna be the person to stop the war in Gaza. She’s our only hope. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MessyTop 14,389 Posted August 10, 2024 Share Posted August 10, 2024 30 minutes ago, Othon said: This is exactly why everyone who trashed the protestors yesterday (in addition to being morally repugnant, like telling people protesting someone actively arming the Nazis to shut up and stop complaining) had no idea what they were talking about politically. The only reason she said this today, at her rally in front of people, was because she was rightfully torn apart for her relatively heinous "clapback" moment last night while in a swing state with the largest Arab population in the country. Like others have already said, this is obviously a PR stunt, and doesn't signal any major shift from what Biden's been doing for the last several months. Pay lip service to activists, performatively say the word "ceasefire" but then privately refuse to stop giving Israel the bombs they're using to kill Palestinians, which is the only means of actually forcing a ceasefire: Thank god activists are going to continue to push her on this before the election, including at the DNC in Chicago. She's has zero incentive to actually listen to anyone protesting the genocide that she's said she's going to continue to fund if she's already in office. Also, the idea that it's unpopular to oppose what Israel is doing and that she has to be pro-Israel to win is a lie. Most Americans don't support what they're doing: https://truthout.org/articles/the-majority-of-americans-now-disapprove-of-israels-genocide-polling-finds/ I hear you, I feel you. So as a democratic voter what can I do? Which candidate can make a difference? What can she do, in your opinion, today as a candidate of the Democratic Party to solve the problem immediately? If immediately is even an option? Remember there’s always diplomacy involved in every country, that’s the way the world works. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
faysalaaa 5,382 Posted August 10, 2024 Share Posted August 10, 2024 9 minutes ago, MessyTop said: I hear what you say and I see your point, but she’s still playing politics. She still needs all the Biden voters to back her up and Biden has 6 more months in the White House, give her some slack, is very complicated to navigate. I truly believe in my heart, she’s gonna be the person to stop the war in Gaza. She’s our only hope. Im not sure I have hope, because the Israel support is systemic and bigger than her, and I dont think shes the kind of person that would go against the system. But lets see what happens, atleast its better than Trump or Biden. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Othon 34,299 Posted August 10, 2024 Share Posted August 10, 2024 5 minutes ago, MessyTop said: I hear you, I feel you. So as a democratic voter what can I do? Which candidate can make a difference? What can she do, in your opinion, today as a candidate of the Democratic Party to solve the problem immediately? If immediately is even an option? Remember there’s always diplomacy involved in every country, that’s the way the world works. ...The thing I literally said she should do in my post? Commit to an arms embargo. Commit to stop giving Israel the bombs they're using to carry out a genocide of hundreds of thousands of people. AKA, the bare minimum. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MessyTop 14,389 Posted August 10, 2024 Share Posted August 10, 2024 Just now, faysalaaa said: Im not sure I have hope, because the Israel support is systemic and bigger than her, and I dont think shes the kind of person that would go against the system. But lets see what happens, atleast its better than Trump or Biden. I know what you mean, but Kamala is still very different than Biden, Biden has always been old school politics. As a democrat if she wins and does nothing about Gaza, let am tell you, we will be on the streets, she can’t be promising that and not doing it, is pretty clear a lot of the democratic voters are gonna hold her accountable on that and they know that. I’m hoping her and Biden actually get the cease fire ASAP. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MessyTop 14,389 Posted August 10, 2024 Share Posted August 10, 2024 Just now, Othon said: ...The thing I literally said she should do in my post? Commit to an arms embargo. Commit to stop giving Israel the bombs they're using to carry out a genocide of hundreds of thousands of people. AKA, the bare minimum. Ok I agree, even if she says that, she can’t actually do it right now as a VP. I hope she actually does that ASAP, I have faith she will, she must. She’s in a very tricky spot playing old school politics with the old school democrats and trying to navigate the establishment, I get it. Just know that we all understand the importance of this, is a NOW issue. It is, but having her win the election is also a now issue for us Americans. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
faysalaaa 5,382 Posted August 10, 2024 Share Posted August 10, 2024 7 minutes ago, MessyTop said: I know what you mean, but Kamala is still very different than Biden, Biden has always been old school politics. As a democrat if she wins and does nothing about Gaza, let am tell you, we will be on the streets, she can’t be promising that and not doing it, is pretty clear a lot of the democratic voters are gonna hold her accountable on that and they know that. I’m hoping her and Biden actually get the cease fire ASAP. I understand your hope, and you could be right, I just dont see it in Kamala, and i dont trust people to hold her accountable. Nobody held Obama accountable when he did the opposite of what he campaigned for and did horrible things. But I still support Kamala and hope she wins.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.