Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
music news

Britney 25th Anniversary Edition Coming in November


27monster27
 Share

Featured Posts

27monster27

(Thanks to @IllusionLover for unintentionally reminding me to make this thread with the Kylie Fever thread lol.)

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/1DTbXdGnFU/

It has officially been announced that a 25th anniversary edition of her first self-titled album "Britney" is set to be released on November 6th of this year. Britneys 3rd studio album was released in 2001, and it was her first album that truly started to mark a change in her artistry as she grew up. As November approaches, more info will be dropped about the album. In particular, unreleased tracks like "Tell Me Am I a Sinner", "She'll Never Be Me", and "When I Say So" (among others) are rumored to be on the album given that a lot of them have been receiving copyright strikes as of late. Are you ready for Britney 25?

----

OMG if unreleased tracks get official releases I will be so ecstatic! :excited2:

Edited by 27monster27
he/him/his
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

gagzus

Hoping she was involved in this decision and they’re not just releasing it without her knowledge 

  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

RAMROD
4 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Hoping she was involved in this decision and they’re not just releasing it without her knowledge 

She sold her catalogs, so I am not sure that's the case here. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

gagzus
3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

She sold her catalogs, so I am not sure that's the case here. 

the deep sigh I let out. if she ever does return to music I hope she does what Taylor Swift did—at least with Britney it makes more sense to re-record her old music because not only is it decades older, but it would mean she could record the songs she believed in/liked and use her actual singing voice too. Especially in Britney Jean where Myah sings most of it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

27monster27

Aw crap baskets I forgot about the selling of her catalogue. This was definitely a decision by who she sold it to. I mean, at least it is still good recognition for an album that was unfairly ranked because of misogyny!

he/him/his
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anderson123

Britney, Kylie, Evanescence. 
 

 

 

When are we getting any ARTPOP Act 2 crumbs??? :cyanlights:

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gagzus said:

hope she does what Taylor Swift did—at least with Britney it makes more sense to re-record her old music because not only is it decades older

in what universe she’ll be able to re-record her songs made 25 years ago?

her current voice is unrecognizable from that era…

Link to post
Share on other sites

Controversiaga
2 hours ago, gagzus said:

Hoping she was involved in this decision and they’re not just releasing it without her knowledge 

Truthfully, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with celebrating this album’s 25th anniversary. It is a milestone. As fans, we are grateful this album exists even 25 years later. Britney may not be in the right headspace to appreciate celebrating her legacy, obviously she had a different perspective than all of us did. But I do think that releasing special 25th anniversary merch is totally fine and should happen regardless of Britney’s knowledge or approval..to be honest in my opinion. I don’t see how this would hurt her in any way

Edited by Controversiaga
Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
Link to post
Share on other sites

Controversiaga
7 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

who profits off it? :bionic:

Well Britney sold her catalogue . She got her profits. 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
Link to post
Share on other sites

gagzus
19 minutes ago, nkta said:

in what universe she’ll be able to re-record her songs made 25 years ago?

her current voice is unrecognizable from that era…

That’s the point though. You should only re-record something to update the sound or creative vision including when your vocals are different. Which I think she could do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Controversiaga
2 hours ago, mmkay said:

"Britney Spears and her team..."

but she sold her masters?

Doesn’t mean she/the new owners can’t partner to release special anniversary editions . 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...