💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

JK Rowling say David Tenant is part of the "gender taliban"

HelloHangoverz

Featured Posts

HelloHangoverz

Harry Potter author JK Rowling has railed against Doctor Who star David Tennant over his recent comments regarding transgender rights.

Earlier this week, Tennant, who also portrayed Barty Crouch Jr in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, was recognized at the British LGBT Awards for his allyship to the community.

During his acceptance speech, Tennant said he was “a little depressed” about being awarded for believing that everyone has the right to “be who they want to be and live their life how they want to live it as long as they’re not hurting anyone else”.

“Because it’s common sense, isn’t it?” he said, before calling out UK Minister for Women and Equalities Kemi Badenoch, who’s previously said she would shut out trans women from certain spaces.

“However, until we wake up and Kemi Badenoch doesn’t exist anymore – I don’t wish ill of her, I just wish her to shut up – whilst we do live in this world, I am honoured to receive this,” Tennant added.

Badenoch later responded on social media, calling the Scottish actor “a rich, lefty, white male celebrity so blinded by ideology he can’t see the optics of attacking the only Black woman in government by calling publicly for my existence to end.”

Rowling then tweeted a BBC article that characterised Tennant and Badenoch’s public sparring as a “row”, arguing that it’s because Tennant is a part of the “Gender Taliban” that he receives “special dispensation” from the media, “for they are a holy caste”.

In a following post, Rowling shared a screenshot of past comments made by Tennant about transphobic people, in which he said: “It’s a tiny bunch of little whinging f***ers who’re on the wrong side of history and they’ll all go away soon.”

“This man is talking about rape survivors who want female-only care, the nurses currently suing their health trust for making them change in front of a man, girls and women losing sporting opportunities to males and female prisoners incarcerated with convicted sex offenders,” the author added.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/jk-rowling-david-tennant-trans-kemi-badenoch-b2570909.html

Does anyone think global warming is a good thing? I love Lady Gaga. I think she's a really interesting artist.
  • LMAO 2

HelloHangoverz
Just now, River said:

betty-white-blah-blah-blah.gif

"gender taliban" though :icant:

Does anyone think global warming is a good thing? I love Lady Gaga. I think she's a really interesting artist.
  • LMAO 3

Cello

Really enjoying how badly this election period is going for the conservatives and they had to top it off by going after our national treasure 

she/her 💗 free my mind
  • Like 4

Just now, HelloHangoverz said:

"gender taliban" though :icant:

she lost it completely lol

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • YAAAS 2

PartySick
8 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

This man is talking about rape survivors who want female-only care

RAPE IS NOT A FEMALE ONLY ISSUE

Ffs, trans people especially are victims of sexual assault at an even higher ratio than women

Somebody shut this moron up

💚
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 6

Just now, Cello said:

Really enjoying how badly this election period is going for the conservatives and they had to top it off by going after our national treasure 

She thinks she's left though :poot: that's how dumb she is, she needs therapy together with azealia banks, they will drive each other insane lol

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • YAAAS 1

HelloHangoverz
1 minute ago, Cello said:

badly this election period is going for the conservatives

Didn't you hear? Rishi Sunak is "confident he'll be prime minster this time next week" :ladyhaha:

• LMAO 2

HelloHangoverz
3 minutes ago, PartySick said:

RAPE IS NOT A FEMALE ONLY ISSUE

Ffs, trans people especially are victims of sexual assault at an even higher ratio than women

Somebody shut this moron up

I bet she fanasizes about how they'll mythologize her as a writer in the history books for taking this controversial stance lmaooo. so ego driven if you ask me

Cello
2 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

Didn't you hear? Rishi Sunak is "confident he'll be prime minster this time next week" :ladyhaha:

Got less chance than my big toe :cheeky:

she/her 💗 free my mind

HelloHangoverz
Just now, Cello said:

Got less chance than my big toe :cheeky:

we can no longer afford big toes. we're british x

• LMAO 2

Cello
Just now, HelloHangoverz said:

we can no longer afford big toes. we're british x

Cozzy livs n that x

she/her 💗 free my mind

Cello
8 minutes ago, River said:

She thinks she's left though :poot: that's how dumb she is, she needs therapy together with azealia banks, they will drive each other insane lol

I meant Kemi and Rishi specifically :billie: but yes she really thinks she speaks for all cis women, the delusion :bionic:

she/her 💗 free my mind
  • Thanks 1