💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Ten Years of SXSW 2014

27monster27

Featured Posts

27monster27

Lady Gaga did her set list of songs at SXSW ten years ago today. The highlight of the set list was the performance of Swine, which divided everyone from the GP to critics to fans. Despite having been vomited on in a Monsterball interlude from 2009 - 2011 with little backlash, this was different. It would not be until a Howard Stern interview later that year that Lady Gaga revealed the performance was a statement about her SA experience. She stated that the goal was to show the person who hurt her that they could never degrade her as much as she could degrade herself.

he/him/his
  • Like 2
  • Love 7
  • Shook 1

Quentin

F**K YOU POP MUSIC, THIS IS ARTPOP

Edited by Quentin
Follow every rainbow till you find your dream
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 1

mamo

this was such a f*cking legendary set.

no other artist could pull this off at all. 

arguably I kind of also feel this was truly the last time we saw the avant-garde performance artist side of Gaga. those were the days! obviously i'm glad she's in a much better place now mentally but my goodness, the sheer chaos and rage of this performance is palpable to this day. she truly gave no f*cks. 

Edited by mamo
you can serve it to me ancient city style...
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 4

olive specter
19 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

It would not be until a Howard Stern interview later that year that Lady Gaga revealed the performance was a statement about her SA experience

well, before the songs stars she talks about swine and says "this song is about rape, rage... and you can turn all that rage into beautiful painting, poetry...", so she didn't really reveal anything, just explained it more

• Like 2

Noah X
52 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

She stated that the goal was to show the person who hurt her that they could never degrade her as much as she could degrade herself.

Omg I didnt know that. Some of my hetero friends will trash on her by bringing up this performance sometimes and I never knew what to say :messga:

Anderson123

Swine is so underrated. One of my favorite songs to listen to while working out and a highlight from ARTPOP. It's always at the bottom of lists from what I've seen here. :rip:

Ladle Ghoulash

One of the most exhilarating sets she’s ever done. I will never forget the rush of watching the livestream of this show.

• Like 1

Controversiaga

Banana Split Fox GIF by MasterChef Junior

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

TimotheeChalamet

I consider this the worst thing from ARTPOP, she was clearly in a very bad place mentally and it's almost painful to watch

newtti

I remember people on here claiming that she was drunk while performing, people being outraged by the way she said something like "and now, since the label really wants us to performe this song we will do Applause", like she did not like the song, etc.

What a messy time!

The performance was epic, although I think Manicure was the low-point of the set, vocally, which is a shame since it's such a powerful song when she performs it well. Swine was definitely a highlight, together with Gipsy at the end. Such a great set!

• LMAO 1

Starmie25
12 minutes ago, newtti said:

since the label really wants us to performe this song we will do Applause"

She was probs kinda tired of performing that track lol

Joshie S

One of her most spectacular performance art pieces. 

I watched this just the other day anticipating the 10th anniversary. 

I love how you included the reasoning behind the performance, it seems a lot of fans were not aware of her intent, but it always made sense to me. A lot of double triple meanings but included is her management wanted her to look beautiful for ARTPOP, so this was her way of telling T*oy to **** off :vegas:

Her interview from the next day is also very iconic. That's where she mentions Act II that she listens to it with her friends :huntyga:

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥
  • Like 1