Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Brit Smith will drop an EP on May 17th

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

1:55

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 9
  • Love 4

olive specter

the difference in public's reaction to her version vs jojo's is wild

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 3

DrKindnessKunt1999

She has another bop (besides Karma and Provocative) called Better than Her. The sound is the a very heavy synth/late 2000s FameGa sound. It’s under her other stage name Matisse:

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

River
42 minutes ago, automatic said:

she seems so sweet omfg

but psycho :messga:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Teletubby
1 minute ago, River said:

you are only psycho:river:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • YAAAS 1

hieronymus
2 minutes ago, River said:

butt psycho*

• YAAAS 2

Lucas

Is she even allowed to release her version of KAB? I doubt Jojo & DJWS would just steal the song without any legal agrement or something?

Noah
9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Is she even allowed to release her version of KAB? I doubt Jojo & DJWS would just steal the song without any legal agrement or something?

The Song was written by Rock Mafia in a writers camp for the Can't Be Tamed Album by Miley Cyrus, which did not make the cut. Since then Rock Mafia has shopped the Song around for different Artists and it eventually being picked up by Britt Smith. She took the Demo, had it produced by Timbaland and was set to release it. After her first Single flopped, the record was shelved. At this point, she still could've signed a release form for her Single, which contractually allows the Version to be released.

After signing with Columbia Records, Jojo got sent and shown a bunch of Demos - which included the Original Demo that Rock Mafia did. Jojo took that Demo to DJWS and he made it the EDM Song it is now. She released her Version. 

No one "stole" a Song. A Demo was being shopped around and sold, with it always needing additional production - wether it was from Timbaland for Britt Smith or DJWS for Jojo. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡
  • Thanks 3

Ronnie
26 minutes ago, DrKindnessKunt1999 said:

She has another bop (besides Karma and Provocative) called Better than Her. The sound is the a very heavy synth/late 2000s FameGa sound. It’s under her other stage name Matisse:

I absolutely loved this song back in the day! Had no idea this was her! 

• Love 1

RenegAde
29 minutes ago, olive specter said:

the difference in public's reaction to her version vs jojo's is wild

The more I listen to her version the more recognise the importance of a good vocals on a record 

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

Teletubby
13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

DJWS isn't involved in Karma, he was accidentally credited on preview.  Rock Mafia has produced JoJo's version.  Brit isn't songwriter on Karma so no one had to ask her for permission.
I think Brit was allowed to keep her masters after she left her label. she never officially released the song so Rock Mafia gave it to JoJo because as authors they had the right to do it but they didn't expect anyone to find Brit's version.

• Thanks 1

River
40 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

you are only psycho:river:

snow white cosplay GIF

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

RenegAde
44 minutes ago, DrKindnessKunt1999 said:

Um her label definitely set her up by releasing provocative . The verse and pre chorus on this is awesome.

• Like 2