💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Miley Cyrus - Psycho Killer

Argentum

Featured Posts

Argentum

yas

am i sensing a strong Bad Romance influence or is it just me?

the pre-chorus, the overlapping vocals in the chorus, the french talk before the final chorus culmination

music video mv GIF by Lady Gaga 

"Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Είσαι οφθαλμαπάτη. Η τέλεια οφθαλμαπάτη" - Λαίδη Γκάγκα, 2016
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 2
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 1

lance13

This sounds so much like Bad Romance.....alot more than Born This Way sounds like Express Yourself. I still have a hard time making that comparison.

• Thanks 5

StarstruckIllusion
1 minute ago, lance13 said:

This sounds so much like Bad Romance.....alot more than Born This Way sounds like Express Yourself. I still have a hard time making that comparison.

me with Judas and Bad Romance: A conspiracy theory fans pushed for years since it first came out… even tho Monster was right there for BR to be compared with. 

• Like 3

Edonis
Posted (edited)

T̶h̶i̶s̶ i̶s̶ a̶ c̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ o̶f̶ a̶ s̶o̶n̶g̶ t̶h̶a̶t̶ c̶a̶m̶e̶ o̶u̶t̶ 3̶2̶ y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ B̶a̶d̶ R̶o̶m̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶'s̶ a̶ b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ c̶h̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ t̶h̶a̶t̶ B̶a̶d̶ R̶o̶m̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ w̶a̶s̶ i̶n̶s̶p̶i̶r̶e̶d̶ b̶y̶ t̶h̶i̶s̶ s̶o̶n̶g̶ (̶a̶n̶d̶ s̶o̶m̶e̶ l̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ G̶e̶o̶r̶g̶e̶ M̶i̶c̶h̶a̶e̶l̶ t̶r̶a̶c̶k̶s̶)̶ t̶h̶a̶n̶ t̶h̶e̶ o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ w̶a̶y̶ a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶. 

EDIT: Never mind I'm a clown and thinking of something else lol. 

Anyways, I'm still not a fan of this cover at all lol :enigma:

Edited by Edonis
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 2

Levine

She ruined this masterpiece. Sorry not sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

StarstruckIllusion
16 minutes ago, Edonis said:

This is a cover of a song that came out 32 years before Bad Romance :bear: There's a better chance that Bad Romance was inspired by this song (and some later George Michael tracks) than the other way around. 

All that being said, I'm not a fan of this cover at all lol :enigma:

This is a talking heads song and it sounds nothing like Bad Romance?

• LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Edonis
3 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

This is a talking heads song and it sounds nothing like Bad Romance?

:oprah:

NewUsername
Posted (edited)

It sounds even more like Bad Romance than El Diablo.

And I know the original Psycho Killer came out way before Bad Romance, but this cover by Miley sounds very different from the original.

Edited by NewUsername
  • Like 1

Ladle Ghoulash
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Edonis said:

This is a cover of a song that came out 32 years before Bad Romance :bear: There's a better chance that Bad Romance was inspired by this song (and some later George Michael tracks) than the other way around. 

The OG Psycho Killer sounds nothing like Bad Romance lol. The comments comparing the two are probably talking about the melodic rework, structure/arrangement, and production. 

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash
  • Like 7

Born This Way
1 minute ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

The OG Psycho Killer sounds nothing like Bad Romance lol. The comments comparing the two are probably talking about the melodic rework, structure/arrangement, and production. 

Yeah I was gonna say this is an older song and tbh I could see Gaga having been inspired by it in some way. But this version's chorus and bridge melodies actually are giving Bad Romance.

Avada Kedavra I speak to destroy

M i K E Y

Wow I can totally see why people comparing this to BR (the synths upbeat and similar chords) but I was expecting it to be more like the original which I adore with my soul

Head Empty

It also reminds me of this Eurovision song... which also got heavy comparisons to Bad Romance :rip:

Argentum
1 hour ago, Edonis said:

26 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

yeah lol thats what i meant.

bad romance sounds nothing like the original psycho killer.

but Miley's psycho killer does sound like a mix of the two -- in my opinion

"Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Είσαι οφθαλμαπάτη. Η τέλεια οφθαλμαπάτη" - Λαίδη Γκάγκα, 2016