đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Gaga: February 2024

Stef

Featured Posts

Gorehound
23 minutes ago, zerojk said:

She's has enough time since Chromatica tbh, especially last year since she didn't have many public appearances

if we wait another year, chances are she scraps the current project and starts a new one, rather than perfecting it

ye you're right lol god forbid

I really hope her whole head and heart were in the making of this album and that she felt fully inspired and invested in it this time. For her sake and for ours.

I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 3

Juanlittlem
2 hours ago, OMonster said:

One thing that seems off about all this is that I really doubt Gaga would release TCB just before a new era. Wouldn't it be a distraction from new music?

So since TCB its actually scrapped it means new music is coming omg :excited2:

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • LMAO 1

OMonster
2 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

So since TCB its actually scrapped it means new music is coming omg :excited2:

I have a hard time accepting that TCB is scrapped because Gaga is now very careful when it comes to hyping anything and talking openly about plans that aren't set in stone. I would be shocked if after that Instagram post last year she's just going to shelve TCB film. She made a point of telling us about it when she didn't have to, so I lean towards it coming eventually. 

subtext / fantasy

Juanlittlem
1 minute ago, OMonster said:

I have a hard time accepting that TCB is scrapped because Gaga is now very careful when it comes to hyping anything and talking openly about plans that aren't set in stone. I would be shocked if after that Instagram post last year she's just going to shelve TCB film. She made a point of telling us about it when she didn't have to, so I lean towards it coming eventually. 

Tbh Id take new music over a DVD of a show that happened almost 2 years ago. If she gives us both I'll accept the deal.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

gagzus
4 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Id argue she was never gonna mention it, she only said because of the backlash she got about the medication ad with the footage and I think her PR team told her she had to say something. Her team has eyes and ears on the ground and probably were like “look you’re gonna have to say something”.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OMonster
8 hours ago, gagzus said:

Id argue she was never gonna mention it, she only said because of the backlash she got about the medication ad with the footage and I think her PR team told her she had to say something. Her team has eyes and ears on the ground and probably were like “look you’re gonna have to say something”.

But she could've just said everything minus TCB film. Her mentioning how she's working on a special project and how she's rediscovered her artistry would've been enough. 

Edited by OMonster
subtext / fantasy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

lilboyblue
3 hours ago, Gorehound said:

Tbh I don't mind if we have to wait until 2025 for the new album. It would give her plenty of time to rly perfect it. But if so, then it had better be TFM and BTW level quality. I don't want to wait around for another luke-warm album.

The longer she waits to release anything, the higher the fans' expectations will be and the more pressure she will have to endure because of it. I don't want that for her.

• Like 1

BlingNotTheMusic
38 minutes ago, lilboyblue said:

The longer she waits to release anything, the higher the fans' expectations will be and the more pressure she will have to endure because of it. I don't want that for her.

Right. She's in a very peculiar place right now because people were anticipating dance pop after the ARTPOP wait and we got Joanne. Then after Joanne we were expecting dance-pop and we got Chromatica which arguably is safe at best. 

Now it's like, ok girl are you gonna serve BTW-level commitment to a project and era or nah?

• Like 2

zerojk
13 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Right. She's in a very peculiar place right now because people were anticipating dance pop after the ARTPOP wait and we got Joanne. Then after Joanne we were expecting dance-pop and we got Chromatica which arguably is safe at best. 

Now it's like, ok girl are you gonna serve BTW-level commitment to a project and era or nah?

Tbh I just want this project to be whatever she feels like doing at this stage of her career, I want it to feel geniune and honest because that's when her artistry shines the most, I would say this happens in all of her albums except Chromatica (I'm sorry for all the Chromatica fans, I like it too) but you cannot change my mind that the album felt a lot like a fan pleasing project.

Edited by zerojk
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

DanielM

It blows my mind how so many fans dislike Chromatica :saladga: It's such a well-balanced album, with no fillers and a great flow from the beginning to the end. Also, it brought back house/pop dance (Renaissance took it and run, but would we have Renaissance without Chromatica before?) setting a trend that persists until today (yes, and?). It's literally my second favorite album from Gaga after BTW and I feel so lonely in this fanbase :franminervini:

Edited by DanielM
  • Like 6
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 6
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 6

M i K E Y

Chromatica is a great solid album. But I can totally see why people are calling  it safe played and fan pleaser. I hope we will eventually hear the demos. If Chromatica had an overall sound similar to the Free Woman Demo, this album would slap a lot harder. 

Edited by M i K E Y
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Lextyr97
9 minutes ago, DanielM said:

It blows my mind how so many fans dislike Chromatica :saladga: It's such a well-balanced album, with no fillers and a great flow from the beginning to the end. Also, it brought back house/pop dance (Renaissance took it and run, but would we have Renaissance without Chromatica before?) setting a trend that persists until today (yes, and?). It's literally my second favorite album from Gaga after BTW and I feel so lonely in this fanbase :franminervini:

Her BTS about the album probably ruined it for a lot of people, myself included even though I still really like the album. Simply KNOWING that Gaga really wasn’t involved in every ounce of the album is enough for it to lose its soul for me. It’s definitely Gaga ish, but something from it is missing that ARTPOP and prior have, which is either camp or risk. 

Chromatica is hyper polished, has some campy songs, and is the best paced album of all of them, but the beats feel more bloodpop than Gaga. The Demos to me feel a LOT more Gaga. Free Woman Demo for example. Now THAT is a Gaga track. I like album version Free Woman but it doesn’t hold a candle to the demo

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Edonis
23 minutes ago, DanielM said:

Don't feel that way. It isn't disliked by most fans at all. It's just the same set of fans that have never warmed up to the release and never will because they either don't like the genre or assumed LG6 was going to be hyperpop and experimental (or a retread of ARTPOP-esque EDM) as opposed to 90s dance-pop. The vast majority of fans and critics include it near the top of her discography. It is a fact that it is her highest scored album on metacritic and her most acclaimed solo album thus far. 

Edited by Edonis
  • Love 1

BlingNotTheMusic
28 minutes ago, DanielM said:

I don't dislike it, there's just a lot about it that doesn't feel Gaga. It feels like Bloodpop (and other producers) featuring Gaga. It doesn't have that edgy, artistic uniqueness that all her projects have. You can tell she was slightly removed and besides the lyrics, feels like her safest work yet. 

Out of all her albums, it's the least played over time for me. Some tracks like Alice, Replay, ROM, Babylon feel timeless and I listen to often. But others like SL, Free Woman, 911, SC etc are lacking in either a strong chorus or odd production choices. To me, Chromatica is in a way the opposite of ARTPOP in that it feels lacking that specific Gaga quality.

• Like 2

BlingNotTheMusic
22 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

Her BTS about the album probably ruined it for a lot of people, myself included even though I still really like the album. Simply KNOWING that Gaga really wasn’t involved in every ounce of the album is enough for it to lose its soul for me.

Yeah when I saw that interview where she said the tracks were passed around back and forth to different producers I was like huh? She passed it off as 90's club music was passed around like that, but it felt kind of inauthentic for me. 

• Thanks 1