Jump to content
politics

Oscars turned down Zelenskyy for the second time


InTheCloset

Featured Posts

Dennis

Why is he trying to appear anyway? There's nothing Ukraine can gain from the Oscars. It'll probably have mediocre ratings and it's lost all of its prestige to be honest.

The public opinion is kinda settled by now, those who are pro-Ukraine will remain so, and the Putin apologists will remain Putin apologists. I hope someone helps him understand that award shows appearance will have zero impact.

I do think however that last year rejection was distaseful, considering how fresh the conflict was back then. But the Oscars were never about charity or goodness. For decades they were run by Harvey Weinstein basically.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neroneau

Omg he’s such a showman sometimes. He used to be one, im not kidding, a lot of that ability is needed for propaganda to keep public opinion on Ukraine’s side but using his country’s suffering for mingling w celebrities and other society people is low of him 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ziggy
23 minutes ago, Neroneau said:

Omg he’s such a showman sometimes. He used to be one, im not kidding, a lot of that ability is needed for propaganda to keep public opinion on Ukraine’s side but using his country’s suffering for mingling w celebrities and other society people is low of him 

Eh you could also see it as he’s in a unique position to keep Ukraine as an issue top of mind on a night when people tend to start prattling off their political opinions during acceptance speeches anyway. How many foreign leaders have the recognition and pull to even ask such a thing? Very few. And part of a leaders job is to be the face. He’s popular and charismatic. I could see why they think this is a good idea. Realistically, I don’t think he’s trying to sway people to Ukraine opinion, but more or less to spur action bc interest has faltered a bit. Do I think that would work? No, but I can see the logic lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

heygurlhi

I'mean hes desperate for U.S aid since thats whats holding Ukraine together so appealing to the public in any way possible is understandable even more since the opinion of the support starts to falter

Ignore me i drink
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neroneau
15 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Eh you could also see it as he’s in a unique position to keep Ukraine as an issue top of mind on a night when people tend to start prattling off their political opinions during acceptance speeches anyway. How many foreign leaders have the recognition and pull to even ask such a thing? Very few. And part of a leaders job is to be the face. He’s popular and charismatic. I could see why they think this is a good idea. Realistically, I don’t think he’s trying to sway people to Ukraine opinion, but more or less to spur action bc interest has faltered a bit. Do I think that would work? No, but I can see the logic lol

I also see the logic. what I meant, he’s too much it comes off as insincere imo 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Illuminati
1 hour ago, Neroneau said:

Omg he’s such a showman sometimes. He used to be one, im not kidding, a lot of that ability is needed for propaganda to keep public opinion on Ukraine’s side but using his country’s suffering for mingling w celebrities and other society people is low of him 

He wasn't looking to "mingle with celebrities." The message he delivered at the Grammys last year was a pre-recorded video. He's barely even left the country since the war began.

But I agree that this would likely do very little at this point

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...