💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

AHS: What happened?

COOOK

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, LaFama said:

Since Coven It's become a very common thing on the show: strong first episodes/first half of the season, then random things start happening, some shock value for the sake of it and suddenly, an ending. 

In his defense, Asylum had this too but worked perfectly because the second half had a random spin that changed everything, but it was as strong and in the end everything made sense

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dr Fudge
3 hours ago, RAMROD said:

It's Murphy habit to do that, look what happened to Glee, Nip/Tuck, Popular. Seems he rather the series to die a slow painful death than cancel it outright once the magic dissipates 

I think a lot of this ^. He puts a lot of energy into shows when they first start and then just milks them for the cash cows that they are. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

It feels like the show was canceled 5 seasons ago but they forgot to stop making and airing it

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

I thought season 11 was the freshest it’s felt in years and I think that’s purely because it didn’t “feel” like AHS. The cast was almost entirely new, the tone was more grounded, the writing was more realistic, and it was a heartbreaking (mostly) true horror story. If we see more of this for the next few seasons, it may be able to hit its stride again.

Season 10 had a lot of unfulfilled potential squandered by its execution. People point out Death Valley’s obvious flaws but I still thought it was a fun mini season. I always thought Double Feature would have worked better as an actual double feature, with each week consisting of 2 half hour-ish episodes of each instead of two mini seasons. 

Aside from having Ryan Murphy’s name attached as the creator, I’m really not sure he has much involvement with it these days. He has other projects to play with currently. 

I’ve learned to go in with low expectations at this point sadly, but it serves me really well for NYC

4 minutes ago, SS77 said:

Red Tide should've been a full season. One of the best AHS productions in ages, except the finale :koons: 

sasha-velour-dont-joke-about-that.gif

8 minutes ago, SS77 said:

Red Tide should've been a full season. One of the best AHS productions in ages, except the finale :koons: 

The fact that his work is mostly know for finales that end up messing the entire season.. :madge:

Cavadour

Again, very harsh and extreme opinions here. Even though the firsts seasons were the most interesting retrospectively, AHS still remains an intense and outstanding tv-series as a whole. I still had my share of fun and thrills all along these 11 years and with the mini series too. And I'll be there for the next one...

But yeah, I've never been an easy quitter. I think stuff always come up in the long run. Plus, the same as in real life, things never hold the same intensity all the time. Ups and downs are part of the fun. Keeping the pressure always on top is kinda unnatural. For instance, I watched the whole TWD series. All seasons. All eps. Year after year. Around S07 S08 it has lost some steam but the last seasons were really fun and intense again. I was like a dead sponge during the very last ep. I felt like I was losing a part of my family...

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

Flippy

For me I’ve enjoyed every season but if I’m being completely honest, I didn’t even finish this last season (had 2 episodes left). 
I wouldn’t be surprised if this series ends after season 12 (which it should at this point, unfortunately)

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

ChicaSkas
6 hours ago, COOOK said:

ee6fc62affdd4e0e535a8ef1cb1c84c4.gif

S5 is the only reason the show is worth watching right @danbekim :teehee:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

mishamonster
30 minutes ago, Flippy said:

For me I’ve enjoyed every season but if I’m being completely honest, I didn’t even finish this last season (had 2 episodes left). 
I wouldn’t be surprised if this series ends after season 12 (which it should at this point, unfortunately)

Honestly I didn't like this season except for the last 2 episodes. I highly recommend finishing it. The last 2 episodes felt completely different and reminded me of Six Feet Under. 

The best seasons of AHS to me were 1 to 3, the following were/are trash. But he was capable of doing American Crime Story, Pose or Dahmer, one of my favorite series in the last years, after those AHS seasons. So I don't know, Ryan Murphy seams to be the perfect definition of hit or miss 

7 minutes ago, Mocchi said:

Pose

I forgot this is his. It's so good and I love it so much :giveup: and the finale was very good... by Ryan Murphy standards

Archived