1. 1. Choose one

• Sasha
    • Mistress
    • Luxx
    • Anetra

Featured Posts

alsemanche

Anw

They need to either retire the talent show format or idk ban the lipsync thing they all do. It's not a talent show at this point, it's just a regular drag show with lipsync numbers. If that's your only talent then... idk find something better to learn :rip: It's wild to me that out of 16 queens, only a handful of them showed something other than a song and a lipsync number. I appreciate the ones who did other numbers (even if they flopped, at least they tried tbh). 

The judging was surprisingly fair. Irene's number was genuinely uncomfortable to watch and the other 2 bottoms (i still haven't memorized their names oops) were a mess too. Imagine standing in front of Ari out of all people and delivering those vocals :rip:

Speaking of Ariana, the whole Vivacious entrance was SO good i was gagging :air: I was worried they were gonna repeat it for the second batch but the fact that Vivacious actually came out... :giveup: My only beef with it is that one group got to actually meet Ariana and the others didn't.

So far I'm rooting for Anetra and Marcia. I wanna root for Sasha but I need to see more from her. Her looks however... STUNNING. 

I'm still not fully on board with the twins ngl. They're just... idk annoying lol. Not as obnoxious and I thought they'd be but I still don't like them. 

I hope the season continues strong because that was a very good start. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 2

bionic
4 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Anw

They need to either retire the talent show format or idk ban the lipsync thing they all do. It's not a talent show at this point, it's just a regular drag show with lipsync numbers. If that's your only talent then... idk find something better to learn :rip: It's wild to me that out of 16 queens, only a handful of them showed something other than a song and a lipsync number. I appreciate the ones who did other numbers (even if they flopped, at least they tried tbh). 

The judging was surprisingly fair. Irene's number was genuinely uncomfortable to watch and the other 2 bottoms (i still haven't memorized their names oops) were a mess too. Imagine standing in front of Ari out of all people and delivering those vocals :rip:

Speaking of Ariana, the whole Vivacious entrance was SO good i was gagging :air: I was worried they were gonna repeat it for the second batch but the fact that Vivacious actually came out... :giveup: My only beef with it is that one group got to actually meet Ariana and the others didn't.

So far I'm rooting for Anetra and Marcia. I wanna root for Sasha but I need to see more from her. Her looks however... STUNNING. 

I'm still not fully on board with the twins ngl. They're just... idk annoying lol. Not as obnoxious and I thought they'd be but I still don't like them. 

I hope the season continues strong because that was a very good start. 

tbh when queens have shown genuine non-singing talents (exc. monet) they've been overlooked in general favor of queens who pound their puss on stage to a club track. perhaps the talent show just needs to be replaced with a lip sync showcase where all the queens get a 2 min performance to a song of their choice. at least that levels the playing field a bit

buy bionic

alsemanche
Just now, bionic said:

tbh when queens have shown genuine non-singing talents (exc. monet) they've been overlooked in general favor of queens who pound their puss on stage to a club track. perhaps the talent show just needs to be replaced with a lip sync showcase where all the queens get a 2 min performance to a song of their choice. at least that levels the playing field a bit

yeah actually, idk why they insist on a talent show format if they don't wanna apply it. and it's sad because i love it when they showcase actual talents. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Thanks 1

bpmMonkey
32 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

yeah actually, idk why they insist on a talent show format if they don't wanna apply it. and it's sad because i love it when they showcase actual talents. 

I do like the talent shows, it gives the queens the freedom to really play to their strengths in comparison to a sewing challenge or else. 
If they choose to do lip sync then it’s their choosing and if they bomb it’s only their making, so in that regard I really think it’s a nice first week

• Like 1

Dayman

To add to the talent show discourse - it also allows queens to have polish and comedy in ways that they normally do not. By having a track they made with someone prior to being on the show, it makes it harder to tell if they are “talented” for their track or if they just worked with the right people. Especially if they aren’t great at lip syncing or dancing and the track is what carries them.

bionic
43 minutes ago, Dayman said:

To add to the talent show discourse - it also allows queens to have polish and comedy in ways that they normally do not. By having a track they made with someone prior to being on the show, it makes it harder to tell if they are “talented” for their track or if they just worked with the right people. Especially if they aren’t great at lip syncing or dancing and the track is what carries them.

i mean i wouldn't mind if the talent show was a ~showcase~ of what you'd expect to see if you want to that queen's show

but that doesn't necessarily translate to a good drag race performance. the classic conundrum

buy bionic

r4therupbeat

incredible premiere episode. all split premiers should've always been released on the same day like on this season

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

jimmytimestep
1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Choosing to work with the right people is a talent, too.

OT: GREAT cast…Anetra is a CLEAR front runner. The twins surprised me. Also love Mistress, Jax, and Luxx

Edited by jimmytimestep

bionic

I could see Sasha getting Cheddar Gorgeous'd in the finale. Can't see her going home before then after surviving week 1

buy bionic
  • Like 1

Reality

Overall, really enjoyed these two episodes! My faves so far are Sasha, Anetra, and Mistress

Spoiler

I think the format they decided to do for this split premiere worked perfectly. Generally speaking, I like split premieres more because it gives us more time to get to know each queen, but the way they did it here was great. They introduced all the queens in the first episode (which I was kinda shocked by tbh), but because we had a 2-episode premiere, you never felt cheated by thinking they didn't spend enough time on the queen who gets eliminated first. 

Speaking of, I was genuniely shocked to see Irene go home first. Compared to everyone else, I think putting her in the bottom was warranted, but I have to be honest, I kinda found her bit funny :sweat: Like, I get the sense of humor she's going for. It's stupid. Like idiotically stupid. But Idk, I thought it was more entertaining than the 13 other "let me lip sync to my own original song" performances. I mean, I get it. Lip syncing is a very safe talent. Unless you absolutely bomb your lip sync, nine times out of ten you're gonna be safe. But still, it feels so repetitive and at this point, unless you're a great (and I mean GREAT) lip syncer, it's just kind of "meh".

Irene was one of my faves going into the season because I found her drag aesthetic really unique. The weird & alternative style is something more up my alley, so I was excited to see what she was going to bring to the table. From an editing standpoint, she also got a lot of screen time, so I was sure they were setting her up to be a front runner or something. Turns out they were just compensating for the fact that she was going home first :giveup: 

As for the rest of the cast, I enjoyed everyone. This is a REALLY strong cast with a lot of big personalities, and that excites me. Like I said before, I'm eyeing Sasha, Anetra, and Mistress. Sasha's a drag legend and I think she just has a very maternal personality, which is nice since it balances out having a lot of young queens this season. Admittedly, I underestimated Anetra when it came to the promos and stuff, but so far she's shown a lot of promise. She's someone I can see making it to the finale. Mistress is great too! I loved her entrance look and I kind of love how straightforward and unapologetic she is. Lowkey keeping an eye out on Robin Fierce though. I also feel like she has a ton of potential.

Overall, amazing premiere. I feel like this season is going to have a lot of promise. Can't wait for next week!

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 1

Reality
4 minutes ago, bionic said:

I could see Sasha getting Cheddar Gorgeous'd in the finale. Can't see her going home before then after surviving week 1

I agree. I can see her making the finale for sure, but I'd be surprised if she won—even though she's probably my fave this season, like Cheddar was in UK S4. She also doesn't "need" the title. She very respected in the industry so having her take the crown wouldn't do much for her aside from exposing her to more people. 

🃏🖤👹

bionic

Did the producers just learn of Connecticut this season? So many from there for such a small state lmao

buy bionic
  • LMAO 3
  • Thanks 2

• BUtterfield 8 changed the title to Official Rupaul’s Drag Race S15 Thread | *use spoiler tag*