MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

economy

Recession Expected, Worst Of It In Europe... CEOs Agree With Analysts

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/06/we-see-a-big-recession-in-the-making-top-ceos-fear-worst-in-europe.html

A poll and interviews of CEOs finds they agree with what analysts were already concluding that a recession is coming and that Europe will bear the biggest brunt of it

The economy continues to overheat in which high demand cannot be met by the economies productive capacity (a capacity with a lower ceiling than usual due lingering pandemic disruptions and war on Ukraine), when this occurs inflation heats up, usually faster than incomes. That imbalance drains incomes and purchasing power and is typically followed by a recession as that demand becomes unsustainable

Rising interest rates to fight the inflation will also further erroad demand

Analysts and CEOs also expect Europe to face the biggest brunt of the downturn  not only because it is the most directly exposed to the Russian-Ukraine conflict spillover effects but also because much of the inflation has come from high commodity prices. North America as a large producer of commodities gets some positive economic offsetting factors while most Europe which imports almost all resource comodities gets affected only negatively by high prices

• Sad 7
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Economy

• Miss Dolly

• Nathan

• NATAH

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gen X and millenials will spend their entire adulthoods going from financial crisis to financial crisis

thank you to my parents for making me

I can’t with this, I became an adult the start of the 2008 crash and now I’m going into my 30s in another..    Capitalism is good and definitely works 100% 

bionic

Gen X and millenials will spend their entire adulthoods going from financial crisis to financial crisis

buy bionic
  • Like 27
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 7
Economy
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, bionic said:

Tbh. Since 2007/2008 Everytime it seems like the economy starts to really recover something redrails it or it stalls

Never ends. A decade and a half of economic mediocrity in the best if times...

Although I don't think the next recession will be another financial crisis like 2008. Probably a more standard recession where demand just falls and so jobs are lost, not one triggered by massive deleveraging

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1
Nathan

I can’t with this, I became an adult the start of the 2008 crash and now I’m going into my 30s in another.. 

Capitalism is good and definitely works 100% :billie:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Economy
Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2022 at 6:22 PM, Nathan said:

I can’t with this, I became an adult the start of the 2008 crash and now I’m going into my 30s in another.. 

Capitalism is good and definitely works 100% :billie:

Societies that weren't capitalist or were overly planned also had sh*tty ass economies tbh. They may have been less erradict with the up and down swings but they were chronically mediocre and unprosoerous

I don't think we've come up with any flawless system tbh. They all have their flaws

Edited by Economy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
NATAH

thank you to my parents for making me

DAE47-B3-B-C172-449-B-BFA9-5-DB3-C420513

mother, what must i do?
  • LMAO 21
Miss Dolly

Thank you Boris Johnson. 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • Like 1
Economy
42 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

Thank you Boris Johnson. 

I don't think he can really take the blame for this tho... This is all global factors...

• Like 3
Borisapillar
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

I don't think he can really take the blame for this tho... This is all global factors...

They said what they said

• LMAO 6
  • YAAAS 1
NATAH
7 minutes ago, Economy said:

lets blame him anyway :enigma:

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 4
NATAH
5 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

They said what they said

highkey you're one of the funniest users on this website :bradley:

mother, what must i do?
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
Economy
7 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

They said what they said

2 minutes ago, NATAH said:

lets blame him anyway :enigma:

Politics :toofunny:

• YAAAS 1
Borisapillar
3 minutes ago, NATAH said:

highkey you're one of the funniest users on this website :bradley:

Thank you henny!!!

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
Miss Dolly
36 minutes ago, Economy said:

No, he’s spaffed billions going towards his mates. He’s entirely to blame, especially forcing us out of the EU. 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
Economy
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

No, he’s spaffed billions going towards his mates. He’s entirely to blame, especially forcing us out of the EU. 

He's to blame for a global recession that's likely to come due to pandemic bottle necks, comodities shortages and Ukraine-Russia disruptions...

Explain...

I'm not disputing how good or bad he is as a leader or what mistakes he might have made but u gotta admit if ur actually blaming the UK Prime Minister for this that's a bit much

Edited by Economy
  • Like 2