CEREMONY || Happier Than Ever || Billie Eilish

TheSlash

Featured Posts

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheSlash

Okay, so, for a word please:

With #10 even for me this megarate is canceled :neyde: . How tf could you do it dirty that way. @AloraRola and @gustavv will need to explain themselves :madge: 

Ew, David!

Cello
Just now, TheSlash said:

Okay, so, for a word please:

With #10 even for me this megarate is canceled :neyde: . How tf could you do it dirty that way. @AloraRola and @gustavv will need to explain themselves :madge: 

spill sis

she/her 💗 free my mind

TheSlash

getting-older.jpg

Average rating: 7.5

Lowest rating: 0 @gustavv

Highest rating: 10 @PopTwo @GaGaLB @Thomas P @Agunimon @RAMROD @cav07 @Healed My Heart

Comments:

@Julien Mayer: Sounds like an old song from her (6)

@AloraRola: Boring, and a skip even though the lyrics are nice (2)

@TheSlash: Nice album opener and sets the tone for the rest of the album. I like that the production is held back for the next track to hit even harder. (8.5)

@Pennywise: It's like a mild version of Ribs by Lorde, in terms of the theme at least. A "meh" start to an otherwise great album. (6)

@Cello: Simple but a perfect opener to the album. The lyrics are great. (9)

@BillieGOAT: Gorgeous beginning for an album- love the muted progressive pluck synth they used.. it matches perfectly with the reflective nature of the lyrics (8.5)

@alsemanche: Excellent intro song. It really sets the tone and themes for the album. The last verse stabbed me in the guts the first time I heard it. (9)

@BELLYACHE: I can feel the lyrics and well it’s Billie so her writing is as usual pretty good but the song sonically is very boring I wouldn’t want to listen to it ever again lol (5)

@StressedOut: Just a down to earth song that everyone can relate to, ethereal delivery. (8)

@Goddess Of Love: The lyrical content on this is awesome and haunting at the same time. At first I didn’t care about this song at all, but now I came to realise it resembles a lot of what I’m going through in my life at the moment. (8)

@Healed My Heart: I love the simplicity of the song, and the almost Beatles-esque elements (especially the background vocals). It's a great opener and the lyrics are honest and heartfelt. I do wish it built to more of a climax, but understand keeping it lower key as an opener. (10)

@nightadieu: Not bad, doesn’t really stand out either (5)

Ew, David!

Pennywise
Just now, TheSlash said:

getting-older.jpg

Highest rating: 10 @PopTwo @GaGaLB @Thomas P @Agunimon @RAMROD @cav07 @Healed My Heart

Comments:

@TheSlash: Nice album opener and sets the tone for the rest of the album. I like that the production is held back for the next track to hit even harder. (8.5)

@Pennywise: It's like a mild version of Ribs by Lorde, in terms of the theme at least. A "meh" start to an otherwise great album. (6)

@BillieGOAT: Gorgeous beginning for an album- love the muted progressive pluck synth they used.. it matches perfectly with the reflective nature of the lyrics (8.5)

@alsemanche: Excellent intro song. It really sets the tone and themes for the album. The last verse stabbed me in the guts the first time I heard it. (9)

@BELLYACHE: I can feel the lyrics and well it’s Billie so her writing is as usual pretty good but the song sonically is very boring I wouldn’t want to listen to it ever again lol (5)

@StressedOut: Just a down to earth song that everyone can relate to, ethereal delivery. (8)

@Goddess Of Love: The lyrical content on this is awesome and haunting at the same time. At first I didn’t care about this song at all, but now I came to realise it resembles a lot of what I’m going through in my life at the moment. (8)

@Healed My Heart: I love the simplicity of the song, and the almost Beatles-esque elements (especially the background vocals). It's a great opener and the lyrics are honest and heartfelt. I do wish it built to more of a climax, but understand keeping it lower key as an opener. (10)

Finally 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Cello

ok taste found dead in a ditch

this is the most perfect album opener in the history of albums :grr:

she/her 💗 free my mind

plane jane
1 minute ago, TheSlash said:

getting-older.jpg

Comments:

whew, I was scared for Halley's Comet 

plane jane
Just now, Cello said:

ok taste found dead in a ditch

this is the most perfect album opener in the history of albums :grr:

not when Marry The Night exists :dom:

Cello
1 minute ago, ororo munroe said:

not when Marry The Night exists :dom:

ok you got me there

she/her 💗 free my mind

Healed My Heart

Okay I take back everything I said about having fun :huntyga:

She/her 💗💜💙

TheSlash

male-fantasy.jpg

Average rating: 7.67

Lowest rating: 2 @GaGaLB

Highest rating: 10 @cav07 @Cello @BillieGOAT @alsemanche @littlepotter @ororo munroe @tea spiller @Glamourpuss @gypsy101

Comments:

@TD878: Really enjoyed this song (8)

@Julien Mayer: Cute (7)

@TheSlash: Easily my least favorite track. As the album closer it's such a letdown and it should've been placed earlier in the tracklist or at least switched places with the title track. Then I'd probably liked it better. (3.5)

@Pennywise: I know Billie didn't want to end the album on a negative note with "Just ****ing leave me alone" from HTE but I think this song makes it end in an even more "desperate" mood, in terms of lyrics at least. Sounds filler-y. (6)

@Cello: Adore the vocals and the melody. (10)

@BillieGOAT: Such a sweet ending to the album.. some of her best lyrics to date, and the tone of her voice is perfect. (10)

@alsemanche: This one really bugged me at first because I wanted the album to end with the title track but honestly... it grew on me so much. I totally get why she chose this as the closing track. It's such a beautiful song, maybe one of her best. (10)

@Healed My Heart: This is the best ballad on the album. I don't like the lyrics as much as some of the other ballads, but this is definitely the one I like to listen to the most. I don't think it should have been the closer - it would have been stronger to end with Happier Than Ever. (8.5)

@nightadieu: Good lyrics but how could she put this one after HTE? Literally no song will stand a chance (7)

@gypsy101: one of her best songs (10)

Ew, David!

alsemanche
1 minute ago, TheSlash said:

male-fantasy.jpg

Average rating: 7.67

Lowest rating: 2 @GaGaLB

Highest rating: 10 @cav07 @Cello @BillieGOAT @alsemanche @littlepotter @ororo munroe @tea spiller @Glamourpuss @gypsy101

Comments:

@TD878: Really enjoyed this song (8)

@Julien Mayer: Cute (7)

@TheSlash: Easily my least favorite track. As the album closer it's such a letdown and it should've been placed earlier in the tracklist or at least switched places with the title track. Then I'd probably liked it better. (3.5)

@Pennywise: I know Billie didn't want to end the album on a negative note with "Just ****ing leave me alone" from HTE but I think this song makes it end in an even more "desperate" mood, in terms of lyrics at least. Sounds filler-y. (6)

@Cello: Adore the vocals and the melody. (10)

@BillieGOAT: Such a sweet ending to the album.. some of her best lyrics to date, and the tone of her voice is perfect. (10)

@alsemanche: This one really bugged me at first because I wanted the album to end with the title track but honestly... it grew on me so much. I totally get why she chose this as the closing track. It's such a beautiful song, maybe one of her best. (10)

@Healed My Heart: This is the best ballad on the album. I don't like the lyrics as much as some of the other ballads, but this is definitely the one I like to listen to the most. I don't think it should have been the closer - it would have been stronger to end with Happier Than Ever. (8.5)

@nightadieu: Good lyrics but how could she put this one after HTE? Literally no song will stand a chance (7)

@gypsy101: one of her best songs (10)

DESERVED MORE BYE

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Archived