TheSlash

Featured Posts

TheSlash

lost-cause.jpg

Average rating: 6.51

Lowest rating: 0 @Born This Way

Highest rating: 10 @Julien Mayer @Pennywise @ororo munroe

Comments:

@TD878: Really like this song, lyrics are nice and emotional (8)

@Julien Mayer: Idk why but I can relate to this one (10)

@Agunimon: I'm pretty indifferent to this track. Sometimes I skip it. Sometimes I don't. (5)

@AloraRola: Shouldn't be a single (4)

@TheSlash: Doesn't fit into the tracklist at all and should've switched places with Your Power. Other than that it's actually quite a good song. Good to sing along and her pronunciation of the chorus' last words ("...Cause", "....was") are actually kinda amazing. (7)

@Pennywise: One of the best songs on the album. (10)

@BillieGOAT: The song feels stagnant to me, it never really peaks or evolves.. kind of a boring listen (5.5)

@alsemanche: Ehh the worst song on the album. I didn't like it at all when it first came out. It works better in the album but it's still the weakest, especially after GOLDWING. (4)

@BELLYACHE: I think it could’ve went harder and I’d give it a 10 but it’s a really sexy n criminal song. (8.5)

@StressedOut: A more chill bop. Love the light bite in the lyrics. (7)

@Healed My Heart: I think this song is catchy. But... it's just not interesting to me. It almost feels outdated or something. I don't know how to really describe it, but it's not on par with the rest of the album imo. (3)

@nightadieu: I listen to this almost on the daily, love the confidence in this track (9) 

Ew, David!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ororo Munroe
Just now, TheSlash said:

lost-cause.jpg

Average rating: 6.51

Lowest rating: 0 @Born This Way

Highest rating: 10 @Julien Mayer @Pennywise @ororo munroe

Comments:

@TD878: Really like this song, lyrics are nice and emotional (8)

@Julien Mayer: Idk why but I can relate to this one (10)

@Agunimon: I'm pretty indifferent to this track. Sometimes I skip it. Sometimes I don't. (5)

@AloraRola: Shouldn't be a single (4)

@TheSlash: Doesn't fit into the tracklist at all and should've switched places with Your Power. Other than that it's actually quite a good song. Good to sing along and her pronunciation of the chorus' last words ("...Cause", "....was") are actually kinda amazing. (7)

@Pennywise: One of the best songs on the album. (10)

@BillieGOAT: The song feels stagnant to me, it never really peaks or evolves.. kind of a boring listen (5.5)

@alsemanche: Ehh the worst song on the album. I didn't like it at all when it first came out. It works better in the album but it's still the weakest, especially after GOLDWING. (4)

@BELLYACHE: I think it could’ve went harder and I’d give it a 10 but it’s a really sexy n criminal song. (8.5)

@StressedOut: A more chill bop. Love the light bite in the lyrics. (7)

@Healed My Heart: I think this song is catchy. But... it's just not interesting to me. It almost feels outdated or something. I don't know how to really describe it, but it's not on par with the rest of the album imo. (3)

@nightadieu: I listen to this almost on the daily, love the confidence in this track (9) 

wow, literally no taste here

this song slaps you stay pressed 

Cello

not mad about it. Lost Cause is a nice, fun song but not much replay value for me. 

she/her 💗 free my mind

Anderson123

Lost Cause and NMR are so good wtf. :partysick: Actually the whole album is good from start to finish so I can't really imagine any other song at the bottom, theyr'e all good. I think my least favorites are Male Fantasy and probably Everybody Dies but still love them.

TheSlash
1 minute ago, ororo munroe said:

wow, literally no taste here

this song slaps you stay pressed 

Seriously tho, this was me most of the time during submission phase:

Ew, David!

Healed My Heart

My opinion of Lost Cause improved after I read an interview where she talked about being inspired by torch jazz singers on the album. It made it make more sense sonically to me.

But, I still don't really like it that much even though it's objectively a well-done song :enigma:

She/her 💗💜💙

Ororo Munroe
1 minute ago, TheSlash said:

Seriously tho, this was me most of the time during submission phase:

I don't think any song on album deserves a score below 6 (except for NMR) :partysick:

Anveeroy

Excuse me, I have sent rates- where is my tag? 🌚

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

TheSlash
3 minutes ago, Kantakyakirno said:

Excuse me, I have sent rates- where is my tag? 🌚

@Kantakyakirnohas sent rates but didn't take the poll in the original megarate thread :trollga: 

Ew, David!

TheSlash

everybody-dies.jpg

Average rating: 7.18

Lowest rating: 4 @AloraRola

Highest rating: 10 @Julien Mayer @cav07 @gustavv @ororo munroe

Comments:

@Julien Mayer: I don't have the words to describe this one, can you imagine Billie wrote this ? (10)

@TheSlash: Good song, but I can't physically and mentally cope with the theme. (9.5)

@Pennywise: Good lyrics but the vocals just keep dragging on. I think it could be much better. (7)

@BillieGOAT: I don’t hear what everyone else hears on this song.. maybe I’ll come around to it later. Not bad, not great. (6)

@alsemanche: My feelings towards this song change a lot. I sometimes adore it, other times I'm just okay with it. The message hits close to home because that's something I think about a lot, but I feel like the song could have been better somehow. It also has my least favorite vocal moment on the album (the way she delivers "we tell each other lies" really doesn't sound good sorry) (7.3)

@BELLYACHE: This is the comfort song that fans who are struggle will cling to and that “we might not be alone” is so damn beautiful goddamn (7)

@Healed My Heart: It's a perfectly lovely ballad, but the album is just too heavy on quiet ballads, and this one is middle-of-the-pack for me. I do love the lyrics. (5.5)

@nightadieu: A moment! (7)

@gypsy101: kinda boring and we nothing new (5)

Ew, David!

Archived