7. Stupid Love
8. Chromatica I / Alice
9. Free Woman
10. Love You Right
11. Babylon
12. 1000 Doves
13. Fun Tonight
14. Sour Candy

After having this album settle into her discography, I feel like Sine and Replay are the only two tracks, for me, that could compete with my favorites from Joanne and ARTPOP (my two favorite albums). Hell, I barely listen to #7-#14 anymore :flop:

How I feel towards this album must be how the pop stans felt when she dropped Joanne :rip: it's not a direction I'm thrilled about and I'm excited for her to do something different next time. I can enjoy it from time to time but I'd rather keep Joanne, ARTPOP, and her jazz tracks on repeat. My biggest annoyance has to be that not every song needed to be a dance track and especially not with such...idk, "ordinary" production :toofunny: there was so much promise here because the lyrical and thematic work Gaga did for this album is freaking phenomenal.

Take the Free Woman demo for example. Had they simply remastered that, it would easily be one of my top Gaga songs. No contest. But no...they stripped out that unique vocal run, cut out so much of the cool little percussion details that pop in and out through the song, chopped off the "I want them to be be be free free free forever baby" bit that we ALL loved, slapped some basic synths on there, and added a hollow, unfulfilling, and 100% unneeded dance break. And that summarizes what's wrong with the album as a whole tbh.

I'm just imagining how blown away I would have been if the beautifully written 1000 Doves was made for Joanne and delivered as a real ballad instead of the weird dance track we got. And yeah we got the piano version but it's not the same. Or if Fun Tonight would have at least ditched that stupid dance break. Good lord I hate the dance breaks :toofunny: my favorite thing about the Free Woman demo was the way the music cut out almost and she chanted "BE. FREE." before going right into the next verse. Just...that damn declaration before continuing. So good. Fun Tonight should have stuck with that too like it did with the first "I'm not having fun tonight". It could have been another ARTPOP (song). All foreplay, no climax, no release. Just bathe in the tension (as it should, it's a dark song, what is a dance break even doing in there?) until 911 comes along right after to release it just like Swine is the release after ARTPOP. Speaking of which...

The drop thing works on a song like Swine (which is constantly vying for the title of my favorite song) because of the rage it's meant to release. It works in Replay because of Burns' genius production choices which make it sound psychedelic and psychotic. It works in Sine because it feels almost transcendent like it's lifting you up as you listen to it, which fits the theme. Sine is the only song I'll find myself getting lost in on Chromatica.

Alice is just a bop. The drop in Stupid Love is just dancy. Same with Rain on Me. They're...I don't want to say "cheap" but that's all I can think to call them :toofunny: fun to dance to when you're in the right mood but personally, I'm rarely in the market for "just a bop". Free Woman's drop almost sounds offensive considering how godly the demo was. Fun Tonight's drop is completely out of place, that song never should have been a pop bop. Sour Candy is just a dumb song. Gaga's only bad song imo. Enigma didn't need a drop either. Though I do like the production it definitely would have benefitted from having a real chorus. 1000 Doves would work better as a proper ballad. Babylon almost feels unfinished now for some reason but I still suspect I'll end up liking the version we got more than the early version we might get on the remix album.

It sucks because this album is Gaga's soul bore for all of us to see, and I love it for that, but I feel like the musical decisions they made completely suck the soul right back out and leave the project kinda lackluster apart from a few highnotes :rip:

I didn't mean to rant/ramble but I'm passionate about her work. I could talk about it all day :toofunny:

tl;dr - I hope she never works with Bloodpop again because he's everything that's wrong with this album (in my opinion) :vegas:

A homo in eco-friendly packaging 🎁

PartySick
7 minutes ago, NoahConstrictor said:

1. Enigma :firega:

2. Babylon :kiss:

3. Alice :billie:

4. 911 :bradley:

5. Love Me Right :huntyga:

6. 1000 Doves :oops:

7. Rain On Me :ohwell:

8. Plastic Doll :laughga:

9. Free Woman :messga:

10. Fun Tonight :cryga:

11. Replay :fatcat:

12. Sour Candy :triggered:

13.  Stupid Love :saladga:

The way Sine From Above just doesn't exist to you :enigma:

PartySick

Anyone who has Replay and/or Sine From Above in their top 5 is my friend now :enigma:

Anyone who has Sour Candy as their least favorite can take my hand in marriage :enigma:

MANiCURE 6

1. Rain On Me - 10/10

It stills sounds fresh and new.

2. Replay- 10/10

Same as 'Sour Candy', it's the perfect Halloween classic for me. For some reason, when I first heard this song, I got a spooky vibe from it. I still love it so much and the bridge + final chorus always gets me.

3. Enigma- 10/10

I don't know what ya'll hear but 'Enigma' clearly is one of the best songs of the album. And one of the best from Gaga. Close your eyes, and listen. It has such a unique atmosphere. I wish it was longer.

4. Stupid Love- 10/10

I don't care what you might think of this but 'Stupid Love' is a really good song and a perfect lead single. Yes, the music video is a bit messy, but there's some good ideas.

5. Babylon - 10/10

I wish it was longer, with extended intro and outro and a proper bridge. But it is so good and the ending is giving me TCB vibes.

6. Sour Candy - 10/10

Same as 'Babylon', wish it was a longer track. But it slaps and it really is an Halloween classic song for me.

7. Sine From Above- 10/10

It definitely should have been a single. For some reason, it used to sound kinda dated but lately I find it really refreshing and cool.

8. 911 - 9,5/10

Before you put me in jail for not giving it a 10/10, let me explain. This song is one of the best of the album BUT I really wish the chorus hits way harder. The build-up before it is so strong and then it feels like everything's fading away with the chorus. Other than that, really good song and TOP 5 of Gaga's best videos.

9. Alice - 9/10

I didn't gave it a 10/10 just because it is way too short and it feels like a wasted potential... This song could have been so much more but for some reasons Gaga and her producers only gave us a 2:58 min song...

10. Free Woman - 8,5/10

I used to dislike it but now I really like it. I do prefer the French radio edit but album version's still very cool.

11. 1000 Doves - 8,5/10

Same as 'Free Woman', used to dislike it, now I really enjoy it. This lyrics... The piano version is also very good and very touching.

12. Plastic Doll - 7,5/10

I'm a bit tired of it. It a bit slow for me. It's still a bop but I'm not in the right mood for it at the moment.

13. Fun Tonight- 7/10

I don't know how to feel about this one. I almost never listen to it... But when I do I f*ck*ng love it and I'm living for it. But I never listened to it on purpose.

14. Love Me Right - 6/10

Album version is so sad and reductive. The fanmade extended version with the sax solo is what they should have done with this song... I replaced album version with this one on my library cause it feels way more powerful.

1. Enigma

2. Rain On Me

3. 911

4. Replay

5. Babylon

6. Sine From Above

7. Alice

8. Stupid Love 

9. Love Me Right 

10. Sour Candy

11. 1000 Doves

12. Plastic Doll 

13. Free Woman

14. Fun Tonight

1. Babylon

2. Replay

3. Sour Candy

4. Alice

5. Enigma

6. Sine From Above

7. Rain On Me

8. Stupid Love

9. 911

10. 1000 Doves

11. Plastic Doll

12. Fun Tonight

13. Free Woman

Love Me Right sound like an Ally song for me so I didn't include it.

1-3 Are my faves, 4-6 are awesome, and FT & FW are still the only ones I don't like as much as the others.

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

Pop Music

1. Plastic Doll

2. 911

3. Free Woman 

4. 1000 Doves

5. Sine From Above

6. Alice

7. Rain On Me

8. Sour Candy 

9. Fun Tonight 

10. Stupid Love

11. Enigma