Sign in to follow this  
society

15th Century bowl unearthed at US yard sale

A small bowl bought for just $35 at a market sale in the US state of Connecticut has turned out to be a rare 15th-Century Chinese artefact.

The white porcelain bowl was spotted by an unidentified antiques enthusiast near New Haven last year, and they quickly sought an expert evaluation.

The experts came back with good news, revealing that the bowl is thought to be worth between $300,000 and $500,000.

In fact, it is believed to be one of only seven such bowls in existence and most of the others are in museums.

👻

Galactic Mess

Now, THIS is what I call a good investment.

bionic

I bet a lot of people trash antiques that are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. If only we had a bit more respect for the past as a society!

buy bionic

Bolkins

Damn I bet that seller is fuming 

Not saccharin or fake my dear.

Helxig

Between this story and the lady finding Gaga's dogs and getting $500,000 just for being in the right place at the right time... I'm just waiting for my moment baby :zilla:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • LMAO 1

nikola

Imagine selling something fornl 30 dollars only to find out later that it's worth 300 000 to 500 000.... I would be dead 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"