💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor’s re-recordings elegible for Grammys

Spock

Featured Posts

36 minutes ago, President Biden said:

you are implying Gaga will actually release a rerelease. Never in a million years.

Chromatica is over. It’s time to move on 

QuickBarrenGlowworm-small.gif

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RichAssPiss

I doubt she will submit them for Grammy consideration and they can only be nominated if she submits. Submitting a re-recorded version of an album that already won Album of the Year would be embarrassing. 

She's really gonna over expose herself.

Though tbh I hear no noise about her recent albums??? I know people are streaming it but it's cultural impact has been pretty muted.

President Biden
1 hour ago, Beatboom said:

They said that with 1989. The sis really doesn’t care. She has the biggest and most loyal fanbase. Everyone knows who she is. “Overexposure” is already reached and she has no worry

I got drunk

42 minutes ago, President Biden said:

They said that with 1989. The sis really doesn’t care. She has the biggest and most loyal fanbase. Everyone knows who she is. “Overexposure” is already reached and she has no worry

She's never raused 3 albums in like 3 months.. 

2 hours ago, Beatboom said:

I would support this statement if she was a newer girl, but at this point in time there simply isn't a more loyal fanbase than the swifties, because not only is Taylor constantly delivering but every single time she promotes the work and represents it well in a way that fans are always on their toes. At this point, Taylor delivering quality is a positive constant in millions on fans lives.

I am afraid the girlies SHOULD be scared.

Economy

Do her re-recordings even sound any different or? Cuz if they are almost the same i dont think they should be eligible. Ur basically getting a second crack at grammys for the same work

StrawberryBlond

The statement seems contradictory, I don't quite understand. The songs must be considered too old to count as they were recorded more than 5 years ago (Taylor says they're from the vault so they must be from recordings made at the time) but then it says that they do count? All very well that she's re-recording to make the originals non-profitable for Scooter but if she plans to make a big monetary and award gain out of it, that just seems that it'll incur a backlash. I've never seen an artist submit old re-released material for Grammys so it may not happen but if it does and she wins for material from an album that had its moment years ago (and actually won AOTY), I don't see how that's remotely fair. I've never agreed with current material competing with old material.

1 hour ago, babs said:

I would support this statement if she was a newer girl, but at this point in time there simply isn't a more loyal fanbase than the swifties, because not only is Taylor constantly delivering but every single time she promotes the work and represents it well in a way that fans are always on their toes. At this point, Taylor delivering quality is a positive constant in millions on fans lives.

I am afraid the girlies SHOULD be scared.

Im talking about everyone else who will be sick and tired of her. Her music is pretty bland. There's not much innovation. She's seen as a great singer songwriter but does her work really compare to Joni Mitchell or Carole King or Dolly Parton where it will be remembered in 40 years? Be honest....!! She's not a great vocalist, she's not a very charismatic live performer (awkward dancer, is not sexy/powerful) .  I know I'll get hated on for saying that but she doesn't really excel in any of the things required... charisma, vocals, song writing, performance. Like she is talented but I've just never been blown away by her under any of the above categories. And I try to be objective bc I don't dislike her and firmly support her owning her own stuff. Scooter is a fkn douche. So I don't really see how Ariana is this amazing vocalist people say she is either but I can accept that some see that whistle tone thing she does as OMG Talent!! Bey is a terrific performer and good singer (won't go into songwriting lol), Rihanna has a good stage presence that makes up for her lack of vocal. Janet is an incredible dancer. Pink is a great singer and has that rope act down. Kelly is an incredible singer. Adele - great vocals and good songwriter. Wont even bring Gaga into it but... Obviously. 

Taylor has benefitted a lot from being that blonde, white wholesome country image. It's no coincidence that her least popular era was when she tried to get away from that. Her sitting with a guitar and singing slow songs? Whewww, middle America will eat that up. I would argue that all things considered she's probably the least talented out of the above list (or at least bottom 3) Like you say the girlies should be scared.. But should they really be based on any of the listed requirements to be a successful pop star? 

*please don't kill me, TS career will not be effected by my musings. Its just something I've felt throughout the years. She's good, but is she really as good as everyone says she is? *

Think Which One GIF

DontCallMeAlice
12 hours ago, Agunimon said:

That’s not odd. Reputation is one of the best pop albums released. 

It’s my fav Taylor album :giveup:

Padam.

ToxicHot

Well it makes sense I guess...... if it’s a new recording, it SHOULD be eligible for RECORD categories (“Record of the Year”, “Best Dance Recording”, etc.) but not SONGWRITING categories (“Song of the Year”). 

I have a feeling a LOT of artists are going to be following in her footsteps, because obviously Taylor is a trendsetter and a cash cow. 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Oh come on that’s rubbish. Unless all new recordings are quite different I don’t see why they should go for Grammys

Archived