💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Born to Die has charted longer than all of Lana's other albums combined

Westerosi

Featured Posts

Westerosi

Lana Del Rey’s debut full-length Born to Die was a commercial success when it first dropped more than a decade ago. While it was welcomed warmly and heralded the arrival of a new star, few could have predicted how long the title would live on charts all around the world.

Born to Die is still charting in a number of countries to this day, including in the U.K. This time around, the set hits 250 weeks on the ranking of the most-consumed full-lengths in the nation.

Del Rey reaches that notable milestone for the first time in her career in the U.K. with Born to Die. While she’s charted plenty of hits and quite a few albums across the pond, none of them have come even close to matching the sustained success of the project that started it all.

As of this week, Born to Die has now spent more time on the U.K. albums chart than all of her other albums…combined. In fact, with 250 frames spent on the list, Born to Die has now managed that incredible feat…times two. All of her other charting projects have collectively earned 125 weeks on the frame, or exactly half of what Born to Die has managed so far.

This week, Born to Die slips from No. 31 to No. 38. The fact that it’s still present inside the top 40 a decade after its release–and after 250 frames on the list–is amazing, and a major accomplishment for the singer-songwriter.

lanasingingparis.webp

Source: Forbes

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 4
  • Shook 1

GagaGame

The local aesthetic girls buying the vinyl for decoration really did it :icant:

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍
  • LMAO 2

Westerosi
6 minutes ago, GagaGame said:

The local aesthetic girls buying the vinyl for decoration really did it :icant:

I know a 46 year old heterosexual mechanic who has all of her vinyls and plays them from the garage he works in, because he appreciates her music.

Not you breaking a hip entering this thread to reduce an album that sold 15 million copies to a bunch of Tumblr girls decorating their bedrooms. :max:

Vanessa Morgan Riverdale GIF by Netflix Philippines

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 8

Anderson123

Born To Die will always be that album. Sadly I could never get into it and prefer other albums she did after that but she deserves so much. It's one of those artists that should've won Album of the Year at least once.

• YAAAS 2

Blackout19

Born To Die will always be her best album

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.
  • Love 1

LadyxGaGa
1 hour ago, Westerosi said:

I know a 46 year old heterosexual mechanic who has all of her vinyls and plays them from the garage he works in, because he appreciates her music.

Not you breaking a hip entering this thread to reduce an album that sold 15 million copies to a bunch of Tumblr girls decorating their bedrooms. :max:

ok wanna go to the garage and ask to work 

• Love 1

GagaGame
2 hours ago, Westerosi said:

I wasn't reducing girl... I love Lana and bought Born To Die a long ago. What I was trying to say should be taken as a joke, because every time I see one of those vids, they have BTD in their vinyl collection.

“People take me both way too seriously and not seriously enough” —Lady Gaga (2011)

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍
  • Like 5

weed

Incredible. Almost exactly 40% of the weeks since it was released it has charted!! 

• YAAAS 1

Westerosi
1 hour ago, GagaGame said:

I wasn't reducing girl... I love Lana and bought Born To Die a long ago. What I was trying to say should be taken as a joke, because every time I see one of those vids, they have BTD in their vinyl collection.

“People take me both way too seriously and not seriously enough” —Lady Gaga (2011)

I'm sorry. I have a tendency to jump to her defense because she's put up with more than enough cr*p over the years.

1 hour ago, weed said:

Incredible. Almost exactly 40% of the weeks since it was released it has charted!! 

Isn't it just crazy? But it's such a good album that plays well in the background of shopping malls and all sorts of commercial venues, and her fan base has such a non-discriminate demographic, so I'm not surprised at the success of it.

According to the Forbes article, second to Born to Die is Norman F*cking Rockwell! :heart:

• Love 2

Arcanum

It's a modern classic.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.
  • Love 1

RichAssPiss

...purchased this on vinyl recently. 

• Love 1

r4therupbeat

proof that critics don't mean sh*t:vegas:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

LadyxGaGa
4 hours ago, GagaGame said:

i didn’t even kno people were using records as decor i haven’t yet seen it 

PartySick
4 hours ago, LadyxGaGa said:

i didn’t even kno people were using records as decor i haven’t yet seen it 

I have MJ's Invincible, Kim's Feed the Beast, and Harry's Harry's House decorating my room a bit :flower:

💚
  • Love 1

LadyxGaGa
8 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I have MJ's Invincible, Kesha's Feed the Beast, and Harry's Harry's House decorating my room a bit :flower:

ughhh now i wanna buy records!! i would frame them even tho thats kinda extra 

• Love 1