Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Female Artists On Apple Music's 100 Best Album

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

It's a very competitive list :bradley:

Welcome to 100 Best Albums—our definitive list of the greatest albums ever made.

Assembled with the help of artists and experts, it’s a modern love letter to the records that have shaped the world we live and listen in today.

https://100best.music.apple.com/us

THE LIST:

100. Robyn - Body Talk

96. Lorde - Pure Heroine

93. Solange - A Seat At The Table

89. Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster (deluxe)

88. Nina Simone - I Put A Spell On You

86. Mary J. Blige - My Life

83. Patti Smith - Horses

79. Lana Del Rey - Norman Fxxcking Rockwell

77. Madonna - Like A Prayer

75. Missy Elliot - Supa Dupa Fly

72. SZA - SOS

67. Portishead - Dummy (*)

64. Erykah Badu - Baduizm

61. Sade - Love Deluxe

55. Rihanna - ANTI

50. Kate Bush - Hounds Of Love

45. Bjork - Homogenic

42. Janet Jackson - Control

40. Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved a Man Like I Love You

38. Carole King - Tapestry

36. BEYONCE - BEYONCE

31. Alanis Morisette - Jagged Little Pill

30. Billie Eilish - When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?

18. Taylor Swift - 1989 (TV)

16. Joni MItchell - Blue

15. Adele - 21

10. BEYONCE - LEMONADE

08. Amy Winehose - Back To Black

01. Lauryn Hill - The Misedcation Of Larn Hill

How many of these albooms have you listened? How many are yor favorite? Which albums/artistss are left out? :flower:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Edonis

Haven't looked at the entire list yet, but this is extremely pop-skewed isn't it? That being said, I think I enjoy almost every single one of these albums. 

RAMROD
7 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Haven't looked at the entire list yet, but this is extremely pop-skewed isn't it? That being said, I think I enjoy almost every single one of these albums. 

The rest of the list are men/male fronted bands, and more to rock & hiphop/rap heavy actually.

• Like 1

Edonis
Just now, RAMROD said:

The rest of the list are men/male fronted bands, and more to rock & hiphop/rap heavy actually.

Interesting! I'll go look at the entire list.

• Like 1

bionic

I've listened to all of these. Anti should be much lower down (if on the list at all- I guess they just wanted Rihanna on it somewhere) and Taylor shouldn't be anywhere on the list.

Ray of Light should be there. If we're including Anti we should also include Stripped and Blackout

buy bionic
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

phantasmas

Nina Simone and Aretha Franklin should be higher imo but other than that, pretty good list :vegas:

Blackout19
17 minutes ago, bionic said:

Blackout

of course

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

Anderson123

Very happy to see Robyn's Body Talk barely made it, love that album so much. I'd have picked Melodrama instead of Pure Heroine. Norman Rockwell :heart:. Amy, Adele and Billie great picks.

People need to stop pretending Taylor's Version of 1989 is better than the original pls. They completely butchered the production. That one was too high and should've been Folklore.

And obviously very happy to see Gaga made it. Love The Fame Monster + The Fame and fans know Born This Way should've been the one there but the first two albums had a much bigger impact on the general public.

Louvre

Idk if anyone else has said this, but if that is the full list of female albums on the list of 100 albums total, its stupid that only about 30 out of 100 of the best albums ever are by female artists making the chart otherwise male dominated. Apple Musics album rating list accidentally highlights a lot of sexist critical reception and the inability of a lot of audiences to take female artists as serious as they should!

But then again, its a silly list and when any news outlet (ex: rolling stone, billboard, pitchfork etc.) has tried to make a best albums of all time list no one ever agrees. These lists/articles are really only good for stirring the pot and getting attention/clicks.

• Like 2

King of the Fall
Posted (edited)

These lists are always very limited and a waste of time with deliberate snubs to get more attention

Edited by King of the Fall
Ain't it just like the night to play tricks when you're tryin to be so quiet?

weed
3 hours ago, RAMROD said:

The Misedcation Of Larn Hill

:laughga: Miss Larn

RAMROD
3 minutes ago, weed said:

:laughga: Miss Larn

:icant:

We don't want to pay royalty to AM :green:

GagaGame

Blackout should be on the list if 1989 is there

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

gagzus
Posted (edited)

Id argue The Fame/Monster should be far higher because of the sheer impact it had on music trends. It’s literally the entire reason we had such a big influx of Dance music on the radio in the late 2000s/early 2010s AND is responsible for all these male DJs making it out of clubs and festivals onto pop charts worldwide. Like no one is gonna convince me a single Taylor Swift or Beyoncé record is better than Gaga’s debut alone. I’d also say Back to Black is FAR too high and Nina Simone is FAR too low.

The top 10 should definitely be mostly artists whom are much older like Nina and Lauren. Although I’m not a Madonna fan at all, Ray of Light and Erotica deserved to be in the top 10 also. 

Not to be too pessimistic but if Amy hadn’t died sadly at such a young age then her music wouldn’t have had as much of an “impact” as people think it does, as jazz/soul goes she was always just fine imo nothing like the Black Women who made the genre what it was. all the impeccable Jazz/Soul artists that influenced her deserved her spot like Nina Simone or Ella Fitzgerald 

Edited by gagzus