💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Little Mix's 'Confetti' becomes best selling record by a UK artist in 2020

Gimme More

Featured Posts

Gimme More

Little Mix's "Confetti" album debuted at #2 in the UK behind Kylie Minogue. This becomes their sixth consecutive Top 5 album. Official Charts Company also revealed "Confetti" was the most streamed album of the week.

"Confetti" debuted at #1 in Ireland and became their third #1 album there.

Little Mix sold 49.9k albums of Confetti in the first week and became the highest selling album in the first week for a British act in 2020.

Little Mix's new single 'Sweet Melody' has landed at #3 this week and non-single 'Confetti' (song) debuted at #23.

It's a big achievement for them and it's extremely well for a girl group who have been together for nearly a decade:applause: Also today Shout Out To My Ex went x3 platinum and Little Mix & the Spice Girls are the only girl groups to achieve that in history.

Little Mix also posted a thank you to fans: Just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has supported us this week. Getting a top three album and single means the absolute world to us :heart:

Biggest Albums Chart debuts of 2020 in the UK:

1. Kylie Minogue - Disco - 54.9k

2. Lady Gaga - Chromatica - 52.9k

3. Bruce Springsteen - Letter To You - 51.8k

4. The Killers - Imploding the Mirage - 50.4k

5. Little Mix - Confetti - 49.9k

EmuDVOsXcAEA1gi?format=jpg&name=large

Also in other Little Mix news this happened today:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Gimme More
8 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Yasss Kylie got #1! period 

They both did amazing! :) Such a shame LM didn't release on a different week, but i'm glad to see both artists have a very successful week!

#JusticeForBritney ♡

jimmytimestep
13 minutes ago, Gimme More said:

They both did amazing! :) Such a shame LM didn't release on a different week, but i'm glad to see both artists have a very successful week!

I don’t feel too bad for Little Mix...yes, a number one is nice, but the fact that they are pulling these kind of numbers alongside true global superstar LEGENDS is a MASSSIIVVVEEE accomplishment for them. And the era is just beginning. if Confetti (song) can rise as Sweet Melody runs its course, they’re in for a very, VERY long and successful era.

Gimme More
4 minutes ago, jimmytimestep said:

I don’t feel too bad for Little Mix...yes, a number one is nice, but the fact that they are pulling these kind of numbers alongside true global superstar LEGENDS is a MASSSIIVVVEEE accomplishment for them. And the era is just beginning. if Confetti (song) can rise as Sweet Melody runs its course, they’re in for a very, VERY long and successful era.

That's very true, I think they are really solidifying their status in the UK & the rest of Europe :firega:

I hope Sweet Melody rises to #1, but i'm happy with it being a Top 3 hit! :bradley:

I hope they re-release in January with a few new tracks to try get #1.

Hopefully they make this era last a while!

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Dominic

These are insane numbers. They'll get #1 next week im sure. Its a brilliant album, on par (maybe better) with Glory Days. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Gimme More
9 minutes ago, Dominic said:

These are insane numbers. They'll get #1 next week im sure. Its a brilliant album, on par (maybe better) with Glory Days. 

I'm not sure AC/DC, Paloma and McFly are releasing next week and apparently the first to usually sell well :bradley:

Hopefully they do eventually get to number one! They have been doing extremely well and i'm glad Sweet Melody is doing well!

I agree, this is my favourite album! Glory Days coming second! :) 

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Archived