🎄 Spotify Playlist 🎄

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Presidential Debate Commission Adopts Mute Button

RAMROD

The presidential debate commission said it will mute candidates during parts of the event this week, allowing both Trump and Biden two minutes of uninterrupted time to answer each moderator question. Both candidates will be unmuted for open discussion afterward. The rule change comes after a chaotic first debate during which Trump, especially, interrupted and talked over Biden and the debate moderator.

 

Source:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/oct/19/donald-trump-joe-biden-coronavirus-covid-19-us-election-live-updates

 

It's finally happen. What took them so long?! :classy:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥
  • Like 6
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 11
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
HorusRa2

Hope y'all are ready when they do the same thing in the next democratic primary and the leftist candidate gets abused by this policy. 

Looking forward to watching the democratic party become a right wing party. :huntyga:

  • Like 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShayCristoforo

FINALLY

This was such an obvious solution. In the past, the drama prob helped ratings (as messed up as that motive is).

But with Trump's behavior, they have no choice but to add mute.
The drama makes good press, but voters should be able to experience at least a half-decent debate that decides the fate of leadership.

Ich schleiban austa be clair
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAMROD
5 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

Hope y'all are ready when they do the same thing in the next democratic primary and the leftist candidate gets abused by this policy. 

Looking forward to watching the democratic party become a right wing party. :huntyga:

 

2 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

FINALLY

This was such an obvious solution. In the past, the drama prob helped ratings (as messed up as that motive is).

But with Trump's behavior, they have no choice but to add mute.
The drama makes good press, but voters should be able to experience at least a half-decent debate that decides the fate of leadership.

 

Yeah, I am guessing this is only Trump exclusive. I am not sure if this is permanent yet :oprah:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥
  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red

Imagine if they had done it in 2016, huh, it would have been nice to actually hear Hillary talk

says Campbell, chuckling.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
myluis617

I cant wait to finally have the satisfying moment where the moderator mutes Trump right up when they need to continue. 

  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShayCristoforo
6 minutes ago, Red said:

Imagine if they had done it in 2016, huh, it would have been nice to actually hear Hillary talk

Our passivity as a culture, to accept women being talked over. I hate us sometimes :madge:

Ich schleiban austa be clair
  • Like 7

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
HorusRa2
12 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

 

 

Yeah, I am guessing this is only Trump exclusive. I am not sure if this is permanent yet :oprah:

From my perspective, it's all about the precedent. If you recall the dem primaries got feisty and there were moments where Yang and Williamson even claimed their mics were turned off so they couldn't speak when other candidates did. Some of the dem primaries had a lot of instances where the moderates would literally all pile up and talk over Bernie (and Warren albeit less so). It's just a bad precedent when the majority of presidential candidates are corrupt and bad for our country. This feature is very easily abused and you shouldn't trust that the moderator will be 100% fair with its use. 

I totally understand that Trump made an ass of himself but the reality is that is who Trump is and that despite the American people losing the chance to learn what the two would do as president, Americans learned why one should not be President (Trump). 

Edited by HorusRa2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
M Monstre

I hope Biden's able to keep it together though. We might not be able to hear Trump (thank god), but Biden still definitely will. He just needs to keep it cool and collected. He did relatively well the first debate, though obviously he could've done much better. 

Stream "WandaVision" on January 15th
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Tookie

How about actually letting 3rd party candidates on the debate stage? That should be their main concern. Because we’re disgusted with the same corrupt duopoly we’ve been experiencing for a while now.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
monster4life231
55 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

Hope y'all are ready when they do the same thing in the next democratic primary and the leftist candidate gets abused by this policy. 

Looking forward to watching the democratic party become a right wing party. :huntyga:

Are you American? I'm a democratic socialist from the UK and I would say that the Democratic Party is probably a centre, maybe centre-right party. Although right now I'm still supporting Biden just because the alternative is Trump.

spread peace - #MJInnocent

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
HorusRa2
Just now, monster4life231 said:

Are you American? I'm a democratic socialist from the UK and I would say that the Democratic Party is probably a centre, maybe centre-right party. Although right now I'm still supporting Biden just because the alternative is Trump.

Yes I am and yes the dem party is "currently" a centre-right party by non-american standards. My point is that as the democrats continue to prioritize taking votes from republicans as opposed to either expanding the electorate of getting their base to turnout they will continue to plunge to the right of where they are today. They will do this because the republican party continues to rug right and the dems strategy is always to appeal to the republican voters that can be "won" over. At the end of the day it leads to a future where americans can get to choose between right wing and extreme right wing. 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
MJHolland
17 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

How about actually letting 3rd party candidates on the debate stage? That should be their main concern. Because we’re disgusted with the same corrupt duopoly we’ve been experiencing for a while now.

Um, third party candidates can be just as corrupt luv (cc Jill Stein :billie:

Also, it wouldn't make any sense considering our election system naturally produces 2 major parties since it's first-past-the-post. If we switched to proportional representations, I'd be all for this. But right now, 3rd party candidates only help to be spoilers, and their campaigns can easily be exploited. Just look at how hard the GOP is supporting Kanye just to take votes away from Biden. 

On topic: this is a great chance for this debate specifically. Hopefully Trump throws another tantrum and pulls out all together though :pray:

  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
monster4life231
9 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

Yes I am and yes the dem party is "currently" a centre-right party by non-american standards. My point is that as the democrats continue to prioritize taking votes from republicans as opposed to either expanding the electorate of getting their base to turnout they will continue to plunge to the right of where they are today. They will do this because the republican party continues to rug right and the dems strategy is always to appeal to the republican voters that can be "won" over. At the end of the day it leads to a future where americans can get to choose between right wing and extreme right wing. 

I completely agree. We've had a similar thing here where the Conservative Party shifted to the right, so the Labour Party (under new leadership) is moving back towards the centre/centre-right in order to gain those votes. As you said, this only really gives people a choice between two right wing parties, while other parties do not have a chance of being elected. 

spread peace - #MJInnocent

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bottom
12 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

Yes I am and yes the dem party is "currently" a centre-right party by non-american standards. My point is that as the democrats continue to prioritize taking votes from republicans as opposed to either expanding the electorate of getting their base to turnout they will continue to plunge to the right of where they are today. They will do this because the republican party continues to rug right and the dems strategy is always to appeal to the republican voters that can be "won" over. At the end of the day it leads to a future where americans can get to choose between right wing and extreme right wing. 

You should watch this video in it's entirety, it is directed towards people like you who do everything they can to clear the path for a trump victory

 

  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...