⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

🎃 The October fan mail is here! 🎃
Sign in to follow this  
society

Macron Decries Islamic Terrorist Attack

hankhatesyouall

French President Emmanuel Macron denounced what he called an “Islamist terrorist attack” against a history teacher decapitated in a Paris suburb Friday, urging the nation to stand united against extremism.

The teacher had discussed caricatures of Islam’s Prophet Muhammad with his class, authorities said. The suspected attacker was shot to death by police after Friday’s beheading.

The French anti-terrorism prosecutor opened an investigation concerning murder with a suspected terrorist motive, the prosecutor’s office said.

https://apnews.com/article/france-teacher-decapitated-eragny-f1ecd575344d171ff8fc8c33c5320f0c

Edited by hankhatesyouall
  • Like 1

TimisaMonster

The last thread got locked but I will say again...im against ANY religious extremists and nobodies religious beliefs should harm another person's life...

This is why I hate religion...people will do and say the stupidest **** in the name of their diety :fthis:

Stream my new single 🔥"Dance in the Flames"🔥 on Spotify!
  • Like 31
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 9

StarstruckIllusion

islam extremists... idk a messier topic :saladga: like not the last thread getting locked 

• Like 1

JustaMonster

Religion is trash.

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 11

GovernmentHookah
18 minutes ago, JustaMonster said:

Religion is trash.

I was raised Catholic so I know first hand of what it feels like to feel repressed by religion. The biggest threat to society is religion.

• Like 13
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 2

Meruk Holland

Normally, I'd say that in the case of "Islamic" terrorism, religion is just the low-hanging excuse to justify terrorist attacks; if it weren't religion, they'd have another ignorant excuse to commit these kinds of atrocities. And I would normally say that because Abrahamic religions do not justify such acts in their own texts, the Quran being even more strict about it. 

However, in this case, the violence was incited as a reaction to a..."criticism?" of the religion in question. It's a dangerous fanaticism with no sense of awareness. The religion is taken so seriously and, as within anything taken too seriously, it becomes a source of dangerous and senseless actions.

It's fine to have a personal religion, its fine to congregate amongst like-minded people who share your beliefs, and its fine to practice restrictive rituals and traditions that may seem outdated or barbaric to other people. But it is not okay to infringe upon another's freedom or, god forbid, their life in retaliation to a perceived slight to your beliefs. 

• Like 4

Jester

Love it how generalising and saying “every religion is trash” is ok, but commenting and analysing the obvious problems with Islam is not...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Faysalaaa
10 minutes ago, Jester said:

Love it how generalising and saying “every religion is trash” is ok, but commenting and analysing the obvious problems with Islam is not...

Im a Muslim and criticizing Islam and calling it trash is okay in my opinion. But there is a way to do it without being islamophobic. The last thread created about this topic yesterday had alot of islamophobia. Criticize the religion all you want without spreading false and hamful stereotypes about Muslims.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Faysalaaa

This is what the Quran tells Muslims to do when the religion is mocked:

"And it has already come down to you in the Book that when you hear the verses of Allah [recited], they are denied [by them] and ridiculed; so do not sit with them until they enter into another conversation."

• Like 4

Bambino
1 hour ago, Jester said:

The actions of one extremist individual who happens to be a Muslim isn't and shouldn't be representative of Islam, a religion with 1.8 billion adherents, which makes up about 24.1% of the world population.

• Like 4
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 1

tomsches
48 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

"And it has already come down to you in the Book that when you hear the verses of Allah [recited], they are denied [by them] and ridiculed; so do not sit with them until they enter into another conversation."

Interesting!

How did we get from not sitting with somebody to chopping people's head off? Interested in your opinion :) 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Faysalaaa
35 minutes ago, tomsches said:

Interesting!

How did we get from not sitting with somebody to chopping people's head off? Interested in your opinion :) 

Its exactly like how the KKK jutify their actions by using Christianity, or how the Bodu Bala Sena commit terrorist acts by using Buddhism.

Islamic terrorists have a completely different way of Islamic teachings and sources that most Muslims never heard of. Even the most radical form of Islam (like Salafism and Wahabism) disagree with terrorists teachings and actions. This is why what ISIS did shocked us Muslims and we are being attacked by them as they dont consider us real Muslims.

An example of this is how there is a general consensus between all Muslims of all sects which hadiths are valid and invalid. Terrorists will take the untrue hadiths and and make things up then use it to justify their actions. This is why terrorists always use the Hadith and not the Quran because they can play with its facts and history.

Edited by Faysalaaa
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 8

ElectricChapelR
3 hours ago, JustaMonster said:

Religion is trash.

It's not. The way people are using to justify their actions is trash. 

Religion is a very efficient way to improve mental health no matter Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Rastafari, or whatever. 

People who lack self identity associates themselves with religious beliefs and misunderstand everything that's written in holy books.

Jesus was all about love. So was every enlightened prophet. 

Religion is very scientific if you understand it. You should read about  neuro linguistic programming and you will understand what religion is all about.

• Like 3
  • LMAO 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

alicefromabove

It is what it is. 

People are afraid to call it by its name out of fear to be labelled racists, but it's obvious it's linked to religion and it's not the first time they commit these crimes in the name of it. Or else it will keep happening and people will get away with their horrible crimes. 

I know it's disrespectful to tease and mock people's culture/religion as everyone is free to believe in whatever they want to believe, but that doesn't justify a crime like this in the 21st century. 

So hopefully there will be some strict measures that will stop these vile and horrible acts commited "in the name of God". We, as a society, do not stand by that anymore. We don't live in the middle ages. 

Edited by alicefromabove
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

KanyeWest
2 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

When the Lord inspired the angels (saying) I am with you. So make those who believe stand firm. I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger. (8:12)

Kanye West Is Blonde And Gone
  • Shook 3
  • Thanks 1