⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

🎃 The October fan mail is here! 🎃
Sign in to follow this  
society

1 million COVID-19 deaths

Lucas

So sad... and this number will go up again faster very soon as second wave is hitting us... :(

I'm so so impatient for a vaccine so we can "go back to normal"

Edited by Lucas

Queen Bitch

And people said it's less dangerous than the flu:madge:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

ShayCristoforo

I wonder if they have a vaccine, but are required to keep testing and testing. They could have at least one solution already proven, but held back due to the bureaucracy and red tape. 

Ich schleiban austa be clair

Franch Toast

Can't wait for all the anti-lockdown folks to come on here. :triggered:

She/Her/Hers

LaLuna

Not to diminish the severity of the disease, but I doubt that all of these deaths were due solely to covid. A good portion (I'm not saying ALL of them) of these 1 million people most likely had comorbidities. That's not to say we shouldn't take it seriously, but it's no secret that a lot of deaths are considered to be from covid when in fact there were other underlying factors. 

I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist but I'm seriously tired of the scare tactics, fear is not helping. We need to empower people to take care of themselves and boost their immune systems and have a healthy lifestyle. That's the best we can do. We can't keep living in fear like this.

• Like 3

alsemanche
1 hour ago, ShayCristoforo said:

I wonder if they have a vaccine, but are required to keep testing and testing. They could have at least one solution already proven, but held back due to the bureaucracy and red tape. 

There are many vaccines in the final stage of testing but the thing is, they need to test on a large number of people and monitor them for a while to make sure there are no  side effects on the long term and whatnot. Promises from Russia and the USA to start vaccinating in the upcoming month or two are worrying because they won't go through the full final phase of testing and even if the tests are good so far, they never know what might happen at any time. 

• Thanks 1

xoxo Craig

"iTs nOt DeAdLy" :billie:

Wish people would take this seriously 

End Racism Now
  • Thanks 2

Franch Toast
3 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

Not to diminish the severity of the disease, but I doubt that all of these deaths were due solely to covid. A good portion (I'm not saying ALL of them) of these 1 million people most likely had comorbidities. That's not to say we shouldn't take it seriously, but it's no secret that a lot of deaths are considered to be from covid when in fact there were other underlying factors. 

I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist but I'm seriously tired of the scare tactics, fear is not helping. We need to empower people to take care of themselves and boost their immune systems and have a healthy lifestyle. That's the best we can do. We can't keep living in fear like this.

I hear what you're saying, but a LOT of people have comorbidities that aren't necessarily deadly on their own. 

For example, obesity is considered a comorbidity. In the US at least, the majority of the population is obese. Obesity on its own doesn't kill but can contribute to things such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure etc. that can be deadly. So if an obese person contracts Covid and passes away from it, even though their obesity is a comorbidity, I think it's fair to attribute their death to Covid. I realize there are cases where there are more gray areas however. 

Beyond deaths, I'm concerned about the long-lasting affects of the illness on people's bodies. I know someone with zero comorbidities who caught Covid, "recovered," and now has long-lasting lung damage and has to use an inhaler every day. 

We don't need to be afraid though. We need to be smart. There are ways to combat the pandemic if people are willing to do their part for a short period of time (masks and social distancing) and if we can test everyone, symptomatic or not, multiple times, and if people who test positive can be quarantined for at least two weeks, we can combat this, or at least keep it under control until we have a vaccine. 

She/Her/Hers
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

M Monstre

And about 1/5th of those deaths are from the US....Anyone who either doesn't take this seriously or doesn't comply with precautions or other regulations because it "infringes upon their freedom" deserves the worst.

I'm tired of people saying, "It's not that bad," "COVID isn't even real!", "I don't need to wear a mask!", "I can't breathe in a mask!", "It affects no one!", etc., etc., etc. deserves the absolute worst.

• Thanks 1

TimisaMonster

The number is waaaay higher in sure...especially in China

Stream my new single 🔥"Dance in the Flames"🔥 on Spotify!
  • Like 2

LaLuna
1 minute ago, Franch Toast said:

I hear what you're saying, but a LOT of people have comorbidities that aren't necessarily deadly on their own. 

For example, obesity is considered a comorbidity. In the US at least, the majority of the population is obese. Obesity on its own doesn't kill but can contribute to things such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure etc. that can be deadly. So if an obese person contracts Covid and passes away from it, even though their obesity is a comorbidity, I think it's fair to attribute their death to Covid. I realize there are cases where there are more gray areas however. 

Beyond deaths, I'm concerned about the long-lasting affects of the illness on people's bodies. I know someone with zero comorbidities who caught Covid, "recovered," and now has long-lasting lung damage and has to use an inhaler every day. 

We don't need to be afraid though. We need to be smart. There are ways to combat the pandemic if people are willing to do their part for a short period of time (masks and social distancing) and if we can test everyone, symptomatic or not, multiple times, and if people who test positive can be quarantined for at least two weeks, we can combat this, or at least keep it under control until we have a vaccine. 

I agree. Like I said, I would never, ever say that COVID is not a serious disease. All I'm saying is that fear is not helping. And this is coming from someone who suffers from severe health anxiety. We all need to do our part, wearing masks is not enough. People need to take responsibility for their own health.

I was watching a Facebook Live the other day and the guy said something very interesting: "The virus is not there to attack us. It can only visit us. What we need to do is make sure that if it does visit, it's in an optimal environment where it can't flourish." I thought it made a lot of sense.

Rudz Xinc

Pretty sure lots of Covid deaths are not reported.

Look at those clowns

RahrahWitch

1,000,000 lives, My heart brakes :smh: 

And then there's the countless people who have survived but ended up developing long term health problems.

• Like 1