⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

🎃 The October fan mail is here! 🎃
Sign in to follow this  
society

First re-wilded European cheetahs are adapting to their new environment

FfFfFfFF

cheetah-1.jpgcheetah-2.jpg

The first European cheetahs ever to be re-wilded are hunting independently as conservationists introduced them into a South African game reserve.

Kent-born cheetah brothers Saba and Nairo caught their own food within days of moving into their new home at Mount Camdeboo Private Game Reserve, in the Great Karoo in South Africa, and have hunted independently for two weeks in a row.

Dereck Milburn, Aspinal Foundation Regional Director for Southern Africa, was with the cheetahs when they were first released from their boxes.

skynews-cheetah-kent-south-africa_4914298.jpg?bypass-service-worker&20200208020020

He said: “It was a huge moment in my career to watch them walking and exploring the smells in their new home.

“It’s an incredible feeling.  I’ve been privileged to be part of a number of conservation projects in South Africa with the Aspinal Foundation, but these two cheetahs specifically have bought me a huge amount of satisfaction, and a feeling of being part of something really big.”

Currently the brothers are in a 741 acre hunting area, and when they have hunted independently for four to five weeks in a row they will be released into the 19,768 acre reserve to be truly wild.

Cheetahs are native to Africa and central Iran, and the National Geographic reports there are only around 7,100 left in the wild.

https://www.swlondoner.co.uk/life/19092020-european-cheetahs-hunt-south-africa/

Edited by FfFfFfFF
►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 6

RAMROD

:billie:

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥

FfFfFfFF
4 hours ago, RAMROD said:

:billie:

What is this referring to though? :gum:

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►

RAMROD
28 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

What is this referring to though? :gum:

I am happy they are back to nature. :D

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥