rumor

The original ARTPOP album cover

Luffy

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh

No that one is a mess. I love the album cover we got!!! It’s artistic, intriguing, very Gaga and just legendary. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2School4Cool
5 hours ago, Warhol Killer said:

I don't get it from where did this rumor come from?

I actually did a simple redesign for the ARTPOP album cover before using the same photoshoot.

I absolutely love this :enigma:

See The Best In Everyone

Sister

I like it but love what we got. I feel like the album cover that we got jumps out at you, just like the music does.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Good but not good enough 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

boyerased
31 minutes ago, ARTGOD said:

That’s why I also think the standard version of BTW has the better cover.

Gaga’s face on a motorbike tells you exactly what you’re getting into, while just her zoomed-in face doesn’t really do that as well.

The Collection’s cover is still the best though, cause it’s almost as good at conveying the tone of the album but it’s also prettier.

That’s also the reason why I prefer most of her covers over Chromatica’s, because while the cover is absolutely gorgeous, it’s probably her most misleading.

I think with Chromatica they really wanted to create something “special” thus the cover and even the shoot. I could go on about it but it’s another topic.

I agree with you on the BTW cover, the standard one really reflects the album. I wish she had another photo for the deluxe. I love the collection’s cover it looks striking and I hope she has more photos with that outfit, because it could be good if she’ll do a special BTW release for an anniversary or something.

HeavyMetalLover
35 minutes ago, ARTGOD said:

That’s also the reason why I prefer most of her covers over Chromatica’s, because while the cover is absolutely gorgeous, it’s probably her most misleading.

That’s really interesting. I thought the Chromatica cover is spot on for its contents. Can you elaborate? :oprah:

i don't remember ARTPOP

ARTGOD
43 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

That’s really interesting. I thought the Chromatica cover is spot on for its contents. Can you elaborate? :oprah:

I think the cover implies a weirder, darker and edgier sound that we ended up getting, which is for the most part your standard EDM/House affair.

The only song that sounds like what the album cover suggests is Replay.

HeavyMetalLover
8 minutes ago, ARTGOD said:

I think the cover implies a weirder, darker and edgier sound that we ended up getting, which is for the most part your standard EDM/House affair.

The only song that sounds like what the album cover suggests is Replay.

I think Alice definitely has a dark and edgy sound to it also.

i don't remember ARTPOP

NewYorkGirl
6 hours ago, Majora said:

This was rumored to have been the original album cover for ARTPOP, would you have liked it? Or do you prefer the one we have now?

B2-FA9-AA3-6-B68-4-C41-94-AA-17-A0-DEDA7 

So thankful this never happened. Everything about this picture is not it, except for the chair. 

My. Lawyer. Liked. That.

ARTGOD
8 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

I think Alice definitely has a dark and edgy sound to it also.

It does have a somber tone, but it still sounds like standard 90s house to me.

That’s my problem with the cover. It’s probably one of her weirdest and most visually striking but the music itself is for the most part nothing like that.

There’s nothing on the album that gets as dark as Bloody Mary or as weird as Aura. Replay does get close though, that’s why it’s the best track.

Objectively speaking I don't think she reached to Koons to just create a huge statute of herself just for a photoshoot. But this pic would have been an awesome album cover

ONJINLFCUNEQLPJQOGLOXMZVTI.jpg

LaLuna

I don't know, I'm used to the actual album cover but I always thought it was way too busy. I like the ARTPOP promo pics, I think anyone of them could've made a great album cover.

elijahfan
8 hours ago, GagaIsMyCure said:

Came here expecting this other mess :triggered:

Why have I never heard of this :duck: It was low-key brilliant, but yay, I get why it got scrapped... Still fascinating tho.

Curunir

No, the one we got is perfect :heart:

Can't say the same about BTW standard edition :poot:

Thank god that for fans the special edition is the one that actually counts :pray:

Archived