⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

Follow us on TikTok
Sign in to follow this  
lgbt

Polish presidental election

Poltergeist

Hey guys,

I just wanted to share with you the saddest news I've heard lately.

Andrzej Duda has been yet again elected as the president of Poland (51% votes), that guy's campaign was strongly fueled by dehumanization of LGBTQ+ people, and I've spent my first hour after waking up today crying, because I feel hopeless. I'm  (we) are not safe in the country we were born in, who knows what restrictions are awaiting us. He's already broke constitutional law a few times, so we can expect anything.

I can't wait to finish my university next year, get some experience as a psychologist, and then move out to Malta.

Today, I'm more than ever ashamed of where I come from. I don't feel polish anymore, and he is not my president.

I've been getting messages from my deep waters
  • Sad 44

BLACKPINK

Please stay safe! Always give us an update, when you don't feel safe.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

This man was chosen by old people who watch propaganda in TV and listen to this in churches. Most of his voters are people from villages, people with no education and living on social benefits.
His voters really believed that if this other candidate will win he will bring gay people to Poland and compulsory euthanasia for old people.

Edited by 776673564747836765
VOTE http://www.mtv.com/vma/vote/
  • Like 4
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1

Kapi09
Posted (edited)

I love Malta <3 It is a great place to live, but after 6 months I decided to go back to Poland bc island was too small for me. 

But I hope you will love it. Maltese weather, kitchen, people and views are awesome! :ally:

@Poltergeist

Edited by Kapi09
My name isn't Alice
  • Love 1

Eido

And the EU not doing anything... pfff :( 

• Like 2

PatrickMonster

I feel you, similar things are happening in Hungary. Polak wegier dwa bratanki

• Like 5
  • Love 6

Kapi09
9 minutes ago, Eido said:

And the EU not doing anything... pfff :( 

Because my country is independent and president won democratic vote? :selena:

My name isn't Alice

Emakku

Poland is the most racist, xenophobic, islamophobic and homophobic country in all of Europe, aside from Russia.

You must understand that Eastern Europe is very homophobic and homosexuality will not be considered normal in the forseeable future.

We have all seen those videos of Warsaw during those huge rallies against accepting Syrian refugees just because they are mostly Muslims. Which is sad, because WW2 was THAT long ago and it seems they forgot how many Poles were killed and that their country was basically leveled while Syria and the other countries from the Middle East accepted thousands of refugees from Europe.

You shouldn't be scared of your president, you should be scared of the number of people who voted for him and have the same views on homosexuality as him.

I hope things will change in Eastern Europe as quickly as they did in Western Europe.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

frederiickx

You should move to USA or wherever you can where it is accepting to be gay. I'm so sorry, but you will get out soon! This sucks and I hope one day Poland gets it together.

• Like 1

Kapi09
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Emakku said:

Poland is the most racist, xenophobic, islamophobic and homophobic country in all of Europe, aside from Russia.

You must understand that Eastern Europe is very homophobic and homosexuality will not be considered normal in the forseeable future.

Poland is not in Eastern Europe but in Central Europe  :selena: 
europe-map-max.jpg

Edited by Kapi09
My name isn't Alice
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Emigrante

I'm absolutely devastated. My mother started crying yesterday. My family and I were up till 2.00 am to see what are the votes forming up to be. I don't know anymore. It's truly tragic. 

Every morning there are mountains to climb.
  • Sad 3

scheisseJK

this is so sad.. and with a so small difference, when more people would vote the results coudl be different.. anyway we need to live with this silly ridiculous president fo another 5 years :saladga:

and no: not all of Poland is homophobic - mainly East side and villages, in big cities the situation is totally different (and as elections shown: Polish nation is equally divided.

• Like 1

Webb7

This is absolutely fuming sad if you ask me:messga: the world would be better if we have leaders who have open heart ❤️...

• Like 1

Lemonky

Was he president or something before? Politicians often base their campaign on xenophobia, but when they win elections they do nothing about restricting it (here in Croatia similar things happened). I hope it gets better :heart:

Sam Winchester
3 hours ago, Poltergeist said:

I'm sorry for what's happening in Poland :( I hope the EU is able to make sure LGBT people do not lose any further rights.

By the way, if you need any info on Malta let me know. I'm Maltese, born here and have lived here since forever.

• Love 2