Jump to content
interview

Val Garland talks about the Born This Way album shoot & makeup


gagzus
 Share

Featured Posts

Man she's a legend!

I thought the prosthetics were from a runway show though?

It was literally the fact that Gaga was wearing special effects prosthetics to public appearances that made me realise 'okay, this woman is something really special, I officially love her' :artdoll2:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Man she's a legend!

I thought the prosthetics were from a runway show though?

It was literally the fact that Gaga was wearing special effects prosthetics to public appearances that made me realise 'okay, this woman is something really special, I officially love her' :artdoll2:

I think Val just simplified the story for this part of the interview, but in a magazine interview years ago yeah she said the inspiration came from a fashion show yeah. I believe it might have even been McQueen’s “Plato’s Atlantis” the last show before his death (the show where Bad Romance debuted funnily enough.) 

Also she’s probably using memory and context clues like the album cover itself, because in the raw shoot images Gaga never had a red lip at all it was either baby pink or deep glossy mauve, just edited red for the cover/single cover(s).

I also always wonder if they listened to the early master of the album whilst shooting it? Since an early standard edition was mastered by the album shoot point

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...