💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Sour Candy doesn't sample Swish Swish nor Girls Like

Andreu

Featured Posts

Andreu

8 hours ago, nathantj594 said:

Anyone with a freshman level music theory background can tell you they’re not the same. They’re similar, but not even close to being the same. 

I get triggered when people use the phrase “ripped off” when they refer to one artist influencing another. Ripping someone off would be literally taking their creative product without permission and using it for gain.

Like those YouTube videos that say “TOp1TE10NsONGs ripped off from other songs!!” And they cite Born This Way (I never heard Express Yourself. Ever. I still don’t understand why people said this.) or 7 Rings (which Ariana pays Rogers and Hammerstein greatly for) or the worst was this kid who said The Art Police “RIPPED OFF” Pachelbel’s Canon in D. He used sheet music clips to show how it’s the same chord progression and I was just screaming at the screen “ITS THE SAME GODDAMN PROGRESSION IN EVERY POP SONG EVER!!!!” Like no wonder musicians have been using it since the Baroque era...it sounds good. I wanna find that boy and smack him. Pretending to know all this music theory (I have a masters degree in Music) and not even knowing what ripped off means. 

Ripped off is what Vanilla Ice tried to do with Under Pressure. Shove your anacrusis, Rob! It’s the same damn bass line. Sorry. I just get triggered. I’m like are these people even listening to the music? 

happy to see someone feels like me nnn

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Child

giphy.gif

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Andreu
1 minute ago, The Child said:

giphy.gif

Apparently not anyone :poot: and people wont still believe it even with the proof presented to their faces

The Child
9 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Apparently not anyone :poot: and people wont still believe it even with the proof presented to their faces

Thanks for making this thread, people still wanna doubt it even if the proof is right in front of them. :fail:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

• 6 months later...
BornAsUnic0rn
On 6/4/2020 at 7:53 AM, Andreu said:

Gaga literally had the song everybody claims SC sampled in her playlists prior to the release of Chromatica. So she clearly was aware of it and inspired by it.

Why **** on people like that, none of them say that’s a bad thing, they just say that there’s this one thing that gives all these songs a certain similar feel and vibe. Play all 5 songs after each other and they easily blend. 

Defmix100
24 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Gaga literally had the song everybody claims SC sampled in her playlists prior to the release of Chromatica. So she clearly was aware of it and inspired by it.

Why **** on people like that, none of them say that’s a bad thing, they just say that there’s this one thing that gives all these songs a certain similar feel and vibe. Play all 5 songs after each other and they easily blend. 

that's the thing it very likely could have been inspired by it but this thread is about sampling not inspiration or songs with similar synths

xoxo Craig
6 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

that's the thing it very likely could have been inspired by it but this thread is about sampling not inspiration or songs with similar synths

I don’t think it's even inspired by Swish Swish or the other track. That type of sound was popular in the 90s, and Swish Swish and Girls Like take inspiration from the 90s House beats

Sour Candy takes inspiration from this era, its just pure coincidence that it may sound similar to Swish Swish and Girl Like but the chords are not the same nor does the sound

End Racism Now

Defmix100
2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

I don’t think it's even inspired by Swish Swish or the other track. That type of sound was popular in the 90s, and Swish Swish and Girls Like take inspiration from the 90s House beats

Sour Candy takes inspiration from this era, its just pure coincidence that it may sound similar to Swish Swish and Girl Like but the chords are not the same nor does the sound

Exactly, I have a synth plugin with this same sound and made a track with it, this is the first track I thought of just in a higher key

Luke78619

I listened to the track in the OP and thought Girls Like was still playing when SC was playing :air: 

i remember my first listen and thinking “wtf this is exactly like the tinie tempah song”, it’s obviously not sampled from the track, and I wouldn’t say it’s inspired, both tracks just take inspiration from the same genre 

i don’t get the swish swish comparison though, never did I think the two sounded similar :poot:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

lilboyblue

Great post! I think a lot of people confuse being inspired/influenced by a song or movement, with actually sampling a song, which correct me if I'm wrong is an an actual technical-legal term. Anyway, Gaga has never been stingy giving credit where it's due. I don't believe she'll withhold credit if they actually DID sample another song, which in SC's case they did not.

Defmix100
23 minutes ago, littleboyblue said:

Great post! I think a lot of people confuse being inspired/influenced by a song or movement, with actually sampling a song, which correct me if I'm wrong is an an actual technical-legal term. Anyway, Gaga has never been stingy giving credit where it's due. I don't believe she'll withhold credit if they actually DID sample another song, which in SC's case they did not.

I also don't get why it says Monster samples Just Dance, she says the words "just dance" but they didn't sample the vocals from JD's song, that's like saying in Stupid Love she sampled Bad Romance by saying "I want your"

BornAsUnic0rn
1 hour ago, xoxo Craig said:

Yeah nobody says SC is inspired by SS or the Zara song, but they all are compared to each other because they are probably inspired by this exact melody, because it is very significant and unique in the way it sounds. They all go for this 90s House Sound and they all base around this melody, which is significant and catchy in all these songs, so ofc people put them together. 

(That’s also the song that was included in Gaga’s “Women of Choice” AM Playlist, and both this and “Welcome To Chromatica” for Spotify were very much songs that worked as references and inspirations for chromatica) 

Archived