đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga is bringing back the meaning of albums

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig

I'm going to do a full review of Chromatica, but I just had a thought. Artists in in the past few years hardly ever do an album that's meant to be listened to from start to finish. Most artists release a bunch of singles, and then put them all together in one 'album' with a few newer tracks. Some even pick hits that they had 4 years ago or, songs that became popular due to a soundtrack for a movie, for their album. I think this is because of the streaming era, but albums have lost their meaning. If we take it back 10 years, albums that were released were albums that you listened to all the way through to truly appreciate it. It wasn't just a compilation of past successful singles that don’t really tell a story like some of today's artists.

Chromatica is different. In order to fully appreciate it, you need to listen from start to finish. It has a story line... infact 3. This album truly stands out in todays music climate because its the the only album with an actual concept behind it. Gaga proves that even in the streaming era, you can have albums with some sort fo substance to it rather just a bunch of trendy songs that were hits in q previous life time.

What do you guys think? I really hope more artists take note from Gaga... both musically (pop needs more dance), and how they come up with their albums :diane:

End Racism Now

SOON

I can name only a few artists who give importance to their albums. And yes Gaga is one of them. I'm so grateful she is not one of those artists who release an album just to release some highlights as a single. Chromatica is an experience throughout. :nooo:

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

Bonkers

A lot of seems to relate back to simulation theory.  

Sine from Above is blowing my mind because it describes ego death that you can experience from certain Psychedelics where first you experience

NOTHING.

VOID. 

Then as you let go sound begins to split and you experience the creation of everything. 

...before there was love, there was silence.

I'm slayed. :cryga: 

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Quartz

Beyoncé did it too with her last albums. I am just so happy we are witnessing a Gaga era that has been meticulously planned and executed as much as the original vision Gaga has. This is gonna be the best Gaga era, and it's only beginning.

Inside, we are really made the same. đź•Š

darkchylde
4 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Artists in in the past few years hardly ever do an album that's meant to be listened to from start to finish.

halsey, tove lo, robyn, perfume genius, grimes... they all did

Cas Winchester

Gaga bringing back full album experiences just like she brought back music videos and live performances :nooo::giveup:

Lord Temptation

Streaming really sucked the storytelling out of music during the 2010s. Even many well-received albums that had a concept didn’t really explore much of the artists own experiences, they just had some commentary about stuff on the news or social media. They were so impersonal (i won’t name names but y’all know which ones i’m talking about)

This is such a triumphant album because the artist uses her own personal experiences as like the guiding light of the concept, to the point that you cannot separate the concept from it’s vehicle. 

Bazaar

As it should! I love the experience of listening to an album from start to finish, that’s much better. 

xoxo Craig
Just now, darkchylde said:

halsey, tove lo, robyn, perfume genius, grimes... they all did

I'm meaning more of the pop girls... Selena's album was just a buch of hits released years before her album, Rita Ora did the same, Katy Perry's next album is rumoured to include Never Really Over and Harleys in Hawaii, Camila Cabello did it...

I mean, there is so many artists that put out albums either with half of the songs released before hand as singles, or songs from years ago that were hits. It doesn't need to be super conceptual, but I do expect albums to have some sort of storyline to it

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Streaming really sucked the storytelling out of music during the 2010s. Even many well-received albums that had a concept didn’t really explore much of the artists own experiences, they just had some commentary about stuff on the news or social media. This is a triumphant album because the artist uses her own personal experiences as the the guiding light of the concept.

This :tony:

End Racism Now

27monster27
6 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

A lot of seems to relate back to simulation theory.  

Sine from Above is blowing my mind because it describes ego death that you can experience from certain Psychedelics where first you experience

NOTHING.

VOID. 

Then as you let go sound begins to split and you experience the creation of everything. 

...before there was love, there was silence.

I'm slayed. :cryga: 

Wow...

AromaticEmotionalBison-max-1mb.gif

This song is an experience.

he/him/his

Varys

I dont fully agree with this. There are K-12 NFR future nostalgia lemonade Melodrama all were a full album experience and except future nostalgia told a story but FN was cohesive in sound

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

AlexanderMagno

I actually disagree.

I think Gaga has achieved the perfect "album concept" for pop with ARTPOP, where songs flow in a very conceptual way and it's actually harder to appreciate them separately (probably one of the reasons why it was not as successful).

Chromatica just tries. Songs are easily heard isolated, you can easily appreciate each song on its own without the album context. What we basically have is an album divided in three segments, and each segment has its own theme, sort of. Not really a "full album concept" that runs through, it could simply be a collection of 3 EPs in the world of Chromatica (in fact it sounds like it, and that would probably be even more interesting).

pop ate my heart
1 minute ago, Varys said:

I dont fully agree with this. There are K-12 NFR future nostalgia lemonade all were a full album experience 

Future Nostalgia? A concept album? :ladyhaha:

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

darkchylde
2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

I'm meaning more of the pop girls... Selena's album was just a buch of hits released years before her album, Rita Ora did the same, Katy Perry's next album is rumoured to include Never Really Over and Harleys in Hawaii, Camila Cabello did it...

I mean, there is so many artists that put out albums either with half of the songs released before hand as singles, or songs from years ago that were hits. It doesn't need to be super conceptual, but I do expect albums to have some sort of storyline to it

i've only listened to selena's but god it was torture

Archived