opinion

Y'all are delusional

TWICE on hatius

Featured Posts

TWICE on hatius
3 minutes ago, omen said:

The cluwnery luv :billie:

Care to explain? 

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

Genuine Guy 09
15 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

You have been on this website since Jan 18 according to your profile. I've been here since 2016. Believe me, the same excuses the "charters" are using now, they used the whole Joanne era. It doesn't look good so far. A good debut yeah, but, the song is free falling on Spotfy, and it's bad.

The girls were not defending PI like this. I mean, it was out of itunes top 20 virtually everywhere after less than two weeks. Radio is 100% here for the song so it will give it some legs in anglosphere countries even if the streaming isn't amazing. Not sure about Europe yet, but after 9 days there's still a chance it could follow Canada/Aus/UK

ignoring fiona gubelmann GIF by VH1s Daytime Divas

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

GooberChill
18 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

You have been on this website since Jan 18 according to your profile. I've been here since 2016. Believe me, the same excuses the "charters" are using now, they used the whole Joanne era. It doesn't look good so far. A good debut yeah, but, the song is free falling on Spotfy, and it's bad.

Y’all be behaving worse than the Corona virus. :huntyga:

move along Mariah stan 

messybottom
7 minutes ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

The girls were not defending PI like this. I mean, it was out of itunes top 20 virtually everywhere after less than two weeks. Radio is 100% here for the song so it will give it some legs in anglosphere countries even if the streaming isn't amazing. Not sure about Europe yet, but after 9 days there's still a chance it could follow Canada/Aus/UK

ignoring fiona gubelmann GIF by VH1s Daytime Divas

not people acting like radio support means nothing. Radio is literally gonna carry this song and make it not just a hit but a hit with longevity. Streaming increases will follow. We have radio on our side and tik tok seems to be growing at a steady pace. We just need another week or 2 and we will really notice improvements on all metrics. Not to mention iTunes is steady and slowly rising. I’m sure the fans have bought the song at this point. That is from the GP. They are here for it. :vegas:

Mister G
19 minutes ago, HausOfG said:

Since when is rap so big that it dominates the charts? 

I'm so old đŸ‘”đŸ˜©

The last few years maybe dating back to like 2017? iTunes Top 100 is prime example and even the “Today’s Hits” playlist on Spotify. Anything with Hip-Hop, R&B or Rap influence usually dominates. Hence why a song like Old Town Road is still up and about despite being roughly a year old now.

Software
36 minutes ago, OooooooO said:

Gaga is mainly influenced Jpop this time around.

The whole Chromatica identity is actually influenced by the Y2K aesthetic, there is some japanese/anime undertone but Y2K is the main inspiration. It's  kinda becoming more prominent lately in pop culture with the early 00s nostalgia. Tight leather trousers, silver eyeshadow, shiny clothing, Oakleys, gradients, blobby electronics
 For a brief moment at the end of the 1990s and the start of the 2000s, it appears popular culture really did catch the millennium bug if the y2k aesthetic is anything to go by.

theres a whole blog dedicated to it on tumblr : 

https://y2kaestheticinstitute.tumblr.com/

https://www.instagram.com/y2kaesthetic/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/y2kaesthetic/

i vaguely remember that time, the angsty 1990s were behind us, the dotcom bubble was swelling and yet to come was the market bust and “war on terror”. y2k, the supposed turn-of-the-century bug that would bring our infrastructure and electronics to a terrifying halt, had failed to materialise and for a brief moment there was nothing but glittering utopian futurism and faith in a new age of boundless possibility. this brief moment was characterised by a distinct aesthetic period, encapsulating fashion, hardware design, music and furnishings shiny with tech optimism, sometimes literally. 

It has been a thing for a while for sure, but lately i've seen many big manufactured corporate mainstream artists getting inspired by it, back then it was more of an  "alternative/edgy indie" popgirl thing, i'm looking forward to see how the movement is going to evolve and if it's going to transition to something more impactful in today's pop culture and aesthetics. 

We've seen it with the whole Shakira and Jlo superbowl thing and also recent music by Dua Lipa, Rina Sawayama, Charli XCX, Slayyyter etc

The GP is developping a nostalgia for the early 00s sound and aesthetics. 

Cerny

I’m not into following charts and forming opinions based on comercial success, but I gotta say the videos you posted are well executed and there is evident care and imagination put into them. They’re detailed, and range from charming to visually stimulating. They take you on a journey. I personally don’t see that in the SL music video, it looks like a  glorified dance cover. Something that would be greatly mocked on here, if it was another pop star’s music video.

I don’t know about others, but for me, the aesthetic is not the problem, and even that is off, if that was indeed the inspiration. 

I like those videos you posted.

Archived