đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

Americano

At least Katy genuinely seems to enjoy being cute and cuddly, and Rihanna loves being a "bad girl" and "promiscuous."

Selena is just trying to latch on to the roadshow. 

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ozzy8923

So she should just dress pretty, act stupid, and have HD videos only because Rihanna and Katy pulled it off?

Good luck to her, then. She's not even near their level and could never match their star power.

I can understand what you're saying, but to be quite frank, I don't know what else she can do. She isn't near their level in the slightest, but emulating them should get her a tad closer. After all, Selena already dances better than both of them considering that choreography was better than anything to come from both the TD and TTT/UA era combined, has a mediocre voice than can be manipulated to sound pleasing in a dance-pop song, has a great body and a pretty face, and an appealing personality. In other words, that's all that it takes to be a pop star. I really don't know what else we can expect from her.  :rofl:

6. Selena Gomez - Come & Get It

rising again!!

is that Rihanna singing????

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

chris777

This was like a blue version of Rihanna's Only Girl. And it had WHYB vibes.

At the end of the day, it's not memorable.

is the same director

I can understand what you're saying, but to be quite frank, I don't know what else she can do. She isn't near their level in the slightest, but emulating them should get her a tad closer. After all, Selena already dances better than both of them considering that choreography was better than anything to come from both the TD and TTT/UA era combined, has a mediocre voice than can be manipulated to sound pleasing in a dance-pop song, has a great body and a pretty face, and an appealing personality. In other words, that's all that it takes to be a pop star. I really don't know what else we can expect from her.  :rofl:

this  :ohwell: thank you

Runway

5. Come & Get It - Selena Gomez

here she comes :legend:

the video is so #beautiful :troll: she looks like a goddess ugh

honestly, it's only Selena Gomez. u guys are being too harsh, were you expecting a Bad Romance 2.0? still better than all the other pop videos we've had this year imo. Mirrors comes at #2

!!!

I dont think any of us like her because shes a great artist/singer :duck: she makes great bops (better than Katy or rihanna lol) and shes very likeable

anyway. Another 100m views video for selegend :whitney:

Americano

So we should lower our standards because she's expected to suck? I actually like pop singers that can you know.. Do things. That's kind of why I like Lady Gaga.

Next.

Ozzy8923

So we should lower our standards because she's expected to suck? I actually like pop singers that can you know.. Do things. That's kind of why I like Lady Gaga.

Next.

No, not at all! I'm just saying, were the standards for a pop star any higher than what I mentioned? When we think pop star do we expect any more than what Selena Gomez has to offer?

Gaga is a pop star mainly because of her popularity and success in the mainstream, but in every other aspect, she differs from a pop star in every way, both in her music, looks, artistry, and creative input. 

But, you're right, the discussion is overextended anyways, so let's get back to charts!

4 = JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE Mirrors 152.571 +3.384 23037

Another amazing update.

Galactic Mess

Its premiering on Idol too, even better

Wow, she's really aiming for commercial success with this single, isn't she?  :eek:

I hope the song goes #1... It's chart performance will put Mariah's longevity to test :)

Americano

We'll see. Even if its boosted by the video, you cant judge singles (esp by older stars) until like 2 weeks later.

By then, it could be #5000.

I wonder if we'll get anymore blockbuster single releases this summer? Are we expecting anyone before VMA season now?

chris777

Katy is releasing soon. i can feel it, she is coming with a smash hit for summer and possible the second best selling single of the year

Americano

I thought she said less than a month ago she's only halfway through her new record

Ozzy8923

I bet Gaga and Katy will go hand in hand this time around. That should make for some interesting competition.  :excited2:

And then of course there's Rihanna who'll pop out another lead single in September.  :roll:

And then Britney who'll have great first week sales for the lead single and a nice debut on radio but then drop like a rock and basically go on vacation as her song plummets down the charts. 

Archived