šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Guide: Get 4x the streams for Stupid Love

derpmonster

Featured Posts

derpmonster

Liddos, get ready. We have 6 whole days and we can double or quadruple our contributions to Spotify streams. This is how.

Ā 

BEFORE ALL: IF YOU'RE OUTSIDE THE US, USE A US VPN BOTH ON YOUR COMPUTER AND IN THE VM.

Requirements:

- Computer (Windows, macOS, Linux), preferably on 24x7.

- 5 GB of hard disk space. 8 GB RAM. If you have 4 GB, it will work too, but proceed at your own risk.

Ā 

Step 1: Download and install VirtualBox

There's a big button. Download the latest versionĀ for whichever OS you're using:Ā https://www.virtualbox.org/

Once you have downloaded, installation should be easy. Follow the steps and leave everything default unless you know what you're doing. If you're on macOS, you'll have to do extra steps (allow in System Preferences), thanks to AppleĀ :madge:

Ā 

Step 2: Download this pre-built virtual machineĀ of Linux with Spotify pre-installed

I did the work so you don't have to. :vegas:

It's lightweight, fast, and doesn't consume much system resources.

Link:Ā https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmHoiNgQEFyYl-8DbRHSRfU9afQXsA?e=emERlE

Download the file Helium Spotify.ova. If you have any trouble, comment here.

Ā 

Step 3: Open VirtualBox and click Import

image.png

If not in the toolbar, it'll be under the File menu.

Ā 

Step 4: Locate the Helium Spotify file you just downloaded.

Let all settings be default and click Import.

Ā 

Step 5:Ā Click on the VM which will say "HeliumĀ Spotify." Click Settings. Go to Network.

MAKE SURE THAT THE NETWORK ADAPTER IS SET TO "BRIDGED" MODE.

It should be, by default, but something might have gone wrong so verify. In the drop down, your Wireless/WiFi should be selected if you're using that.

This ensures that your virtual machine gets a unique IP address, so Spotify considers streaming on your device to be different than that on the VM.

Should be similar to this: (name will most likely be different - select the one that sounds like WiFi if you use WiFi or ethernet if you use ethernet)

image.png

Ā 

Ā 

Step 6: Now you're ready to run! Click on the machine and then hit Start.

If it asks for a password, it's all lowercase - lg6

NOTE: If things are too big, click on the View menu on the top of the window -> Virtual Display 1 -> Scale to 100% (insteadĀ of 200%).

Ā 

Step 7: Press Alt+F2, type "spotify", and press enter. :vegas:Ā Spotify should open :vegas:Ā 

Use a SEPARATE account from your main one. Make a new account (the email should be valid, make sure you have alt email addresses andĀ verify them).

Follow the guidelines here:Ā 

Ā 

Step 8: You can use this playlist on repeat (don't put the individual song on repeat, rather the playlist):Ā https://open.spotify.com/playlist/55uS1rVRqctoWxxAL6T2cQ?si=--ET2S75QCO8T7TI58VmkA

Keep it running forever. Do NOT mute it. Play at a low volume but don't mute. Keep earphones plugged in to your computer if you don't wanna hear it.

Ā 

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ENOUGH RAM (8 GB or more), YOU CAN REPEAT STEPS 3 TO 8 TO CREATE ANOTHER VIRTUAL MACHINE TO STREAM ON IT.

Ā 

Step 9: Get that #1 :vegas:

Ā 

:ally:

Let me know if y'all need help uninstalling it after next week.

Ā 

Spoiler

Tags (for those who expressed interest or reacted when I did this for Shallord AND IT WORKED!):

@Bad KidsĀ @GayPrideUnicornĀ @JuliaĀ @highongagaĀ @SamanthaCĀ @JuneĀ @KatieJudasGaga4Ā @berlinformeĀ @IsThatGagaĀ @AngelmĀ @AndyDWUWĀ @shofulĀ @LittleMedonsterĀ @IrrelevantĀ @RioĀ @BeyerJĀ @StarstruckIllusionĀ @ditĀ @AarghyaĀ @DekuĀ @LoyaltyĀ @HelxigĀ @QuartzĀ @pachinkoĀ @LibraOctober98Ā @OBEYĀ @CannaeDriveĀ @corvus albusĀ  @Arturo

Ā 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Ally Campana

Letā€™s all do this yā€™all. Letā€™s give it our all. Come on!!!!!Ā :firega:

Does it matter? Damage is done

ydnmnme

I remember you creating the same thread for Shallow!Ā 

Letā€™s do it!!:party:

š¼ š’¹š‘œš“ƒ'š“‰ š“Œš’¶š“ƒš“ƒš’¶ š’·š‘’ š’¶š“š‘œš“ƒš‘’ š’»š‘œš“‡š‘’š“‹š‘’š“‡, š’·š“Šš“‰ š¼ š’øš’¶š“ƒ š’·š‘’ š“‰š‘œš“ƒš’¾š‘”š’½š“‰

StarstruckIllusion

Girl are you sure? Iā€™ve been seeing BTS stans say VPN donā€™t work anymoreĀ 

Gagaloo911

I'm not 100% but I don't think streams using a VPN count.Ā 

Not sure about the VMs though.Ā 

IcePrincess

Ok - you're using VMs but your endpoint IP is still same (Gateway Address of your router) so Apple Music / Spotify will count only one stream from IP. It doesn't work honey

IcePrincess
Just now, IcePrincess said:

Ok - you're using VMs but your endpoint IP is still same (Gateway Address of your router) so Apple Music / Spotify will count only one stream from IP. It doesn't work honey

Quick edit - If you use 4 different hotspots for WiFi (4 phones e.g.) it will count but if you're using same internet connection for streaming it just doesn't work.

derpmonster
9 minutes ago, IcePrincess said:

This is exactly why I use Bridged Networking sis :vegas:Ā If you do NAT, then the web service sees all requests as the same IP. If you do bridged, then the VM gets it's own IP address assigned by the DHCP server. :vegas:

@StarstruckIllusionĀ well we can try :vegas:Ā streams are streams even if they don't eventually help US numbersĀ 

IcePrincess
10 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

This is exactly why I use Bridged Networking sis :vegas:Ā If you do NAT, then the web service sees all requests as the same IP. If you do bridged, then the VM gets it's own IP address assigned by the DHCP server. :vegas:

@StarstruckIllusionĀ well we can try :vegas:Ā streams are streams even if they don't eventually help US numbersĀ 

You still don't understand.

Yes, each VM has a different address, but the computer will get you 4 different addresses to a shared router that has one IP. The Spotify server will see that the same song is listened to 4 times from one output IP, so it will count it once. This is a very common and trivial protection. I don't know how many VMs you can set up at once for thisĀ - it may be that with 2-3 they will let it pass because in the end 2 people in one house can listen to the same song at the same time, but 4+ - nope.Ā 

derpmonster
9 minutes ago, IcePrincess said:

You still don't understand.

Yes, each VM has a different address, but the computer will get you 4 different addresses to a shared router that has one IP. The Spotify server will see that the same song is listened to 4 times from one output IP, so it will count it once. This is a very common and trivial protection. I don't know how many VMs you can set up at once for thisĀ - it may be that with 2-3 they will let it pass because in the end 2 people in one house can listen to the same song at the same time, but 4+ - nope.Ā 

Girl I understand your point but that would make no sense and would lead to a lot of legit streams being discarded.

I live in an apartment building that gives us building WiFi and routers are shared among many residents. Likewise, many universities and crowded venues have similar situations. There is no way that they don't count any streams from such locations or cancel out most.

Edit: plus if I use a separate VPN for each VM... :ally:

derpmonster
9 minutes ago, miguelxgaga said:

Does youtube views count more ? or spotify?Ā 

Check outĀ @Arturo's thread for that info. I have linked it in the OP.

Archived