Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Bernie Warren tensions at the end of debate

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin
3 hours ago, TioBernie said:

Of course she “won.” According to centrists and CNN who were biased against Sanders the whole night. I’m happy the entire Twitter feed is coming for them and Warren the pathological liar.

Warren a centrist. 

giphy.gif

Whose second account is this?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Like 1

Gagaloo92

Warren in the past months has brought on some Obama Administration people and Obama era people in her campaign now. 

I wonder if this is what explains her sudden change in strategy since a few months back and push to the center? Not to mention response to this whole fiasco. 

It seems she has two camps in her campaign now, the progressive one she's had and now this more centrist one. 

Pretty sad she's going this route to use old, dirty politics to try to help herself in the polls. 

I guess we'll see how it plays out for her, but if past evidence in this campaign is anything to go off of, it's not going to end well for her. 

Edited by Gagaloo92

iowa cyrus
3 hours ago, TioBernie said:

Of course you don’t win elections online. Which is why he’s leading the polls and she’s NOT:ladyhaha: We’re coming for you centrists sheep.

I don't care who you support. if you support trump, bernie, warren, literally anyone...i don't care! but when people talk like this, it is cringey and annoying

SEANGT
4 hours ago, TioBernie said:

She’s no progressive. You don’t get to call yourself a progressive and not endorse Sanders in 2016. Also lie about him being a “sexist” now. A true progressive also wouldn’t have voted for Trump’s massive military budget. Which she did. But this is what you centrist democrats know how to do. Turn this around and pretend you’re something that you’re not.

We know, unless Bernie is your #1 choice you are a centrist. Got it. It's wild, the whole concept of left/right/center is a spectrum & yet it gets morphed into this binary choice in the democratic party where either you're 100% perfectly ideologically pure or you are a centrist. 

Warren's platform is the most grassroots-oriented leftist platform, save for bernies YES, but still AN AMAZING PLATFORM with a DIFFERENT FOCUS & MESSAGE in DECADES. I'm old enough to remember voting in 2008. We were all excited to vote for someone that reluctantly supported civil unions over gay marriage. Warren is an amazing candidate. If Bernie speaks to you more, good, vote for him. But don't act like Warren is some evil rat that will ruin America. 

• Like 2

SEANGT
1 hour ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Warren in the past months has brought on some Obama Administration people and Obama era people in her campaign now. 

I wonder if this is what explains her sudden change in strategy since a few months back and push to the center? Not to mention response to this whole fiasco. 

It seems she has two camps in her campaign now, the progressive one she's had and now this more centrist one. 

Pretty sad she's going this route to use old, dirty politics to try to help herself in the polls. 

I guess we'll see how it plays out for her, but if past evidence in this campaign is anything to go off of, it's not going to end well for her. 

I fail to see any centrist movement in her campaign. If you actually look at her health care plans & compare it to Bernie's bill...hers really does more for people faster. There's a 4-year transition in bernie's bill. Warrens plan is to pass M4A after just 3 years. When we'll have a better chance at getting senate seats because of the senate map in 2022. Before then more people get covered faster using budget reconciliation bills that would avoid even having to remove the filibuster.

That's why I like Warren. She backs up progressive ideas with detail & knows how to use every level of government to make it happen. Sanders answer is to just bring an army of supporters & overwhelm everyone with support. I don't think that would necessarily work as well when you get down to governing.

• Like 2

Gagaloo92
1 hour ago, SEANGT said:

I fail to see any centrist movement in her campaign. If you actually look at her health care plans & compare it to Bernie's bill...hers really does more for people faster. There's a 4-year transition in bernie's bill. Warrens plan is to pass M4A after just 3 years. When we'll have a better chance at getting senate seats because of the senate map in 2022. Before then more people get covered faster using budget reconciliation bills that would avoid even having to remove the filibuster.

That's why I like Warren. She backs up progressive ideas with detail & knows how to use every level of government to make it happen. Sanders answer is to just bring an army of supporters & overwhelm everyone with support. I don't think that would necessarily work as well when you get down to governing.

I have a different take on it. My issue lies in the fact that she sepeartes it into two different bills. You really think that's the way to go? In my opinion this strategy signals she's not as serious about M4A, and moving to the center, and I'll explain why. 

I'm not sure if you recall how hard it was to get the Affordable Care Act passed, not to mention the fallout and backlash once it did. And you believe she can get not just one, but two far more sweeping health care bills passed within just a few years of each other? 

I find this wishful thinking at best. It will be hard enough to get the votes to get one passed. Yet we are supposed to believe that just as she's ramping up her re-election campaign, she's going to fight and get passed the actual M4A plan. 

I just don't see that happening, even if she really fights for it. Not when so many people will be up for reelection, and especially considering we will have no idea the pushback and fallout that will occur after the first bill is passed. 

Warren has got to know this. And in this way she's signaling she's more for a public option, which is the centrist position, not the progressive one. 

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not calling her a centrist at all. People are just delusional, kidding themselves, or acting in bad faith if they say that. Yes, Bernie is more progressive than her, but that doesn't make her a centrist. That's ridiculous considering her positions and how she's been since she got into office. 

But certainly with M4A, and in some of her more recent rhetoric and strategies, she's definitely moved some to the center. 

In the end, it just makes more sense that even with a 4 year transition, to put it all into one bill. The fight for one will be hard enough, so you may as well get what you campaigned for done while you can.