Stefani Tee
politics

Justin Trudeau Brownface scandal

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

Racial brownface is a variation of blackface in which a person tries to pass as Latin American, Middle Eastern, Polynesian, Native American, and/or Indian.

Edited by Morphine Prince
The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Shook 4
  • Sad 9

jprince99x

Daddi gets a pass

e2021eeb0ef8ba098e7691e8922b01342c15fd2e

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 12
  • Sad 6

Buddy

While it is wrong, his re-election should rely on what he has done the years he has been in power. If he has improved the country and you wish to see the same path go forward, then vote for him.

• Like 27
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

SeasonOfTheWitch

“Racial brownface is a variation of blackface in which a person tries to pass as Latin American, Middle Eastern, Polynesian, Native American, and/or Indian.“

I know it’s not the point but when did these become exclusively “brown” ethnic groups... you trying to tell me Shakira is brown because she’s middle eastern and from Latin America jajaja

• Like 4

whocares

7-FBBF886-5-D13-4-E80-82-B6-DA3-ACAA3948

Justin Trudeau, Canada's prime minister, wore brownface makeup to a party at the private school where he was teaching in the spring of 2001. TIME has obtained a photograph of the incident.

The photograph has not been previously reported. The picture was taken at an "Arabian Nights"-themed gala. It shows Trudeau, then the 29-year-old son of the late former Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, wearing a turban and robes with his face, neck and hands completely darkened. The photograph appears in the 2000-2001 yearbook of West Point Grey Academy, a private day school where Trudeau was a teacher.

https://time.com/5680759/justin-trudeau-brownface-photo/?utm_medium=social&xid=time_socialflow_twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter

Morphine Prince

A 29 year old man not knowing this is wrong? BIG YIKES. 

• Like 6
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

the Devil of Pop

I saw the pics and I can't tell which person is supposed to be Justin? No one looks painted dark, one guy looks a teeeeeeeny bit tan.

Either way, it's tacky and everyone knows better today (supposedly) but so much has changed in the last 10 years. Attending a theme party in a racist-by-2019-standards costume is something that the majority of wypipo have done in their lives in the "pre-woke" time... when I was 8 in 2001, I was a gypsy for halloween and the year before that I was a genie in harem pants and a tube top so... it just wuz different timez

How can I protect something so perfect without evil?
  • Like 4

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, SeasonOfTheWitch said:

“Racial brownface is a variation of blackface in which a person tries to pass as Latin American, Middle Eastern, Polynesian, Native American, and/or Indian.“

I know it’s not the point but when did these become exclusively “brown” ethnic groups... you trying to tell me Shakira is brown because she’s middle eastern and from Latin America jajaja

Nowhere does it say those are exclusively brown ethnic groups. You just decided to interpret it that way. 

• Like 3

the Devil of Pop
6 minutes ago, Runway said:

EEyRH5GUcAAWWnF?format=jpg&name=900x900

OH MY GOT THERE HE IS :wtfga: I couldn't find him because he literally blends in to the background. Oh lordT that is tacky... much worse than I was imagining when I made the above comment. I was thinking he'd be in a costume the same level as everyone else but that's... :rip:

Edited by the Devil of Pop
How can I protect something so perfect without evil?
  • LMAO 3

jprince99x
8 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

Daddi gets a pass

e2021eeb0ef8ba098e7691e8922b01342c15fd2e

BUT BITCH IS PUSHING THE LINE

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan
  • LMAO 3

SeasonOfTheWitch
6 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Nowhere does it say those are exclusively brown ethnic groups. You just decided to interpret it that way. 

It literally says brown face is a variation of blackface in which a person tries to pass as Latin American, Middle Eastern, Polynesian, Native American, and/or Indian.“

you can’t get anymore exclusive than that sis, unless that’s your quote/you misquoted 

Morphine Prince
Just now, SeasonOfTheWitch said:

It literally says brown face is a variation of blackface in which a person tries to pass as Latin American, Middle Eastern, Polynesian, Native American, and/or Indian.“

you can’t get anymore exclusive than that sis, unless that’s your quote/you misquoted 

Yes, brown face IS those things. 

But nowhere does it say these are exclusively brown ethnic groups. 

Brownface is based on stereotypes anyway. Nitpicking definitions is a waste of time and I’m not derailing this thread on an irrelevant topic. 

• LMAO 1