politics

Merkel gives Britain until October 31st for Brexit solution

Featured Posts

Bear
7 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Okay I never knew you were from the UK :selena:

ello ello :laughga:

I am fed up with people from the EU branding me as English and that we all think and talk the same. I keep having to remind people that Scotland chose to stay in the EU and we hold European values... so I do agree with you. I certainly didn't mean to say all English are at fault, and I don't blame you at all... its the people like Nigel Farage and the people who believe in his drivel who I blame. I blame David Cameron for allowing the EU referendum to even occur. I blame Theresa May for not being strong enough to say no. I blame Jeremy Corbyn for never being decisive enough on anything.

yea I agree every single thing here wholeheartedly. Especially the last part. The people wanting to leave had their direction, where was Labour and Corbyn presenting the real facts? Nowhere tbh and I'm incredibly mad at Labour.

And with a margin of just 2% the vote should have never been carried through.

100% facts. And it's why I get so defensive when people are happy to put their middle finger up to whole of the country and try and celebrate this failure like it's their faves in a stan war on twitter, rather than a pretty big economic crisis that's gunna affect a lot of lives both inside and outside the UK that 50% of the country didn't ask for.

The last point though, I dont agree with.  The vote in Scotland was 63% to remain, and while Nicola Sturgeon has tried making talks for an independent Scotland the tory government is ignoring Scotland.

Yea I can get that. My only point was 60% vs 40% isnt so far off 50% vs 50%. There are people who messed it up for us all across the UK, sure to a lesser extent in Scotland but there was definitely still a contribution.

I really want to stress that I dont hate English people. Some people think wanting independence is a "hating English" agenda.... it really is nothing like that. I just want my country to be governed in Scotland rather than having some major issues decided by Westminster. Scotland & England can be separate but be friends/partners and thats all we want

Nah don't worry I know it's not that, and I totally support and understand wanting another independence referendum and I agree that the voice of Scotland is ignored (Not quite the same but I'm from the North and to an albeit lesser extent the north is ignored in favour of politics that only benefit the south too, but that's a whole other topic :laughga: ).

You are welcome to join btw ;)   

Nearly moved to Edinburgh for 5 years for Uni but didn't in the end because of costs. Choices :bradley:

Still remains one of my favourite places on earth though and would happily live there anyday.

Edited by Bear
  • Love 1

Bear
7 hours ago, Akiki said:

Honey, at this point in time inly the UK is in denial. The EU made their mind about it already. They must leave.  Brexit is an offense to the EU. Disrespectful to all the other members. The anti EU campaign should block them of even applying to the EU in the future tbh. I do hope that Ireland can be United and Scotland can find their independence and join the EU if they wish for. England can sink tbh. 

Why? Why can it sink? :toofunny:

This is exactly the point I'm trying to make. As someone who loves the EU, why are you happy and eager to let a current EU member state fail when 49% of it's population voted to support remaining because they believe in the EU and its ideals? You're basically saying **** you to me and to the other 16.1 million people who voted remain and agree and think like you.

The situation is incredible messy and no one is in denial about that. I can get the huge frustration from an EU perspective and I definitely don't blame you for wanting to get it over with. All I'm saying is I just wish people would have a little more respect for the people who didn't want this and not to paint everyone with the same brush.

Edited by Bear
  • Like 1

RAMROD

She wanna get this done before she quit?

source.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ What ♥ A ♥ Fine ♥ Coat ♥ Of ♥ Fur! ♥

Henri Bardot
12 hours ago, S0436 said:

I would like to see that, but both sets of people voted in a democratic vote that they don’t want that.  The Brexit vote was also an example of democracy.   Our ancestors died so people could vote!

Maybe the Brexit will change everything. Who knows

boys don't cry

kyanewest
13 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Brexit is gonna destroy the UK

I'm not so sure about that :laughga:

I think on the contrary it'll serve them in the long term. They proved to be far more smart by keeping their money in the first place. 

The crowds are gone. And it's time to wash out the blonde.
  • LMAO 1

xoxo Craig
50 minutes ago, kyanewest said:

I think on the contrary it'll serve them in the long term. They proved to be far more smart by keeping their money in the first place. 

I am... as of now, the pound is at its lowest of all time. Before the Brexit vote happend, the pound was sitting at 1.25 against the Euro... now it is around 1.08-10.

Many industries especially in Scotland, Ireland and Wales rely heavily on free movement of people and E.U funding. Without that, there could be trouble in Nothen Ireland again after 21 years of peace, and the British economy will shrink.

Nobody will be able to travel to and from the UK or even domestic flights as nothing has been set up yet. All the planes will have to be grounded because nothing its set up for UK airspace.  The lorries down in Kent will be stuck there for possibly days

Then you have independence, not just for Scotland this time. I have already explained from a Scottish standpoint why we need/want independence and why I think we will get it. However, there is a growing number of people in Wales AND Northen Ireland who want to go their separate ways, the later wants to see a reunited Ireland.  With an independent Scotland round the corner, the break up of the UK looks inevitable. 

There are no possible positive outcomes from Brexit. The Governments own figures say that it will take the UK 50 years, yes 50 YEARS, to recover from Brexit.  So in the long term, and the short term, Brexit is bad in every way possible.

Miracle
1 hour ago, kyanewest said:

I mean, the UK will go through a huge economic crisis if Brexit happens. Huge means it could easily last for decades. Meanwhile some countries from the EU could really win big when the UK is miserable asking for money and therefore becoming a German colony.

Edited by Miracle

Akiki
4 hours ago, Bear said:

Why? Why can it sink? :toofunny:

This is exactly the point I'm trying to make. As someone who loves the EU, why are you happy and eager to let a current EU member state fail when 49% of it's population voted to support remaining because they believe in the EU and its ideals? You're basically saying **** you to me and to the other 16.1 million people who voted remain and agree and think like you.

The situation is incredible messy and no one is in denial about that. I can get the huge frustration from an EU perspective and I definitely don't blame you for wanting to get it over with. All I'm saying is I just wish people would have a little more respect for the people who didn't want this and not to paint everyone with the same brush.

My country is not a rich one. We endured a recession for years. It was pretty hard for everyone with lots of sacrifice. Now that we are recovering from the past 4 years, brexit happens and puts everything at risk. 

How would you feel? I'm not happy for those who are pro-EU.  They don't deserve it. Sure. But at the same time we can't be trivial about this. Brexit is a giant blow for everyone and it will hurt the EU, especially the most fragile countries like mine. 

Also, The UK decided in 2016 and to this day they can't come with a solution for how to leave. It's a big fat joke. They seem to be joking with everyone and the EU  must be clear about it. Leave means Leave. It's not the time to go back. The EU is  not a toy that you can throw and punch. 

I'm sorry but the time to change ended and it's time to face the consequences. I dont even think that the EU people would like to see the UK back in the game. Brexit created a big sentiment against the UK way of thinking. They are the racist and homophobes of Europe for many. 

Edited by Akiki

Akiki
2 hours ago, Miracle said:

I mean, the UK will go through a huge economic crisis if Brexit happens. Huge means it could easily last for decades. Meanwhile some countries from the EU could really win big when the UK is miserable asking for money and therefore becoming a German colony.

Highly doubt the UK can take anything good for this. The EU market is much larger and richer. Many will opt to move there. Their position in the world is... irrelevant to everyone. Since the EU is a free market there is no need to use London anymore and face all the bureaucracy. Just ship everything to the EU. 

If anything, the UK leaving will solidify the EU (in a very karmic way since brexiters wanted to end the EU by taunting others to leave). 

The most probably outcome is economic crisis and political tension back in north Ireland. Scotland will follow and it will break the UK. Leaving england by itself. 

Miracle
11 minutes ago, Akiki said:

Highly doubt the UK can take anything good for this. The EU market is much larger and richer. Many will opt to move there. Their position in the world is... irrelevant to everyone. Since the EU is a free market there is no need to use London anymore and face all the bureaucracy. Just ship everything to the EU. 

If anything, the UK leaving will solidify the EU (in a very karmic way since brexiters wanted to end the EU by taunting others to leave). 

The most probably outcome is economic crisis and political tension back in north Ireland. Scotland will follow and it will break the UK. Leaving england by itself. 

That's what I said? That the EU will solidify in the mid-long run