• Last Reply
KatieJudasGaga4
5 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

Well, Gaga didn't even write Perfect IllusionĀ :ladyhaha:

She co-wrote the song.

The Z
2 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

She co-wrote the song.

The differences are VERY minor if you compare the original version to Gaga's cover though:shrug:

KatieJudasGaga4
1 minute ago, kevinsteve said:

The differences are VERY minor if you compare the original version to Gaga's cover though:shrug:

Can you send a link to the original version fully? Never heard/seen it.

KatieJudasGaga4
7 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

Also, I think you're mistaken. Kevin presented the idea of Perfect Illusion to Gaga and Mark.

Ā 

"Kevin flew to us from Australia and he came with this idea, that was the beginning of a song called Illusion," she told Nick Grimshaw.Ā I work on a typewriter and we would bounce new lyrics back and forth. We stripped everything away. Changed the melody, shifted it. I sat at piano, Kevin was on guitar, Mark was on the bass.""

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37316663

Ā 

Kevin is credited as the main writer, since he came up with the idea first.

The Z
2 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Can you send a link to the original version fully? Never heard/seen it.

It's been taken down long ago, but there's also a snippet of it that was played at Mark's show a few weeks ago, but I'm sure you already heard it. :)

Ā 

The chorus is exactly the same, and in the "old" version the verses were also very similar. Gaga made it better though, the "high like amphetamine, maybe you're just a dream" was reaaaally cool:giveup:

FfFfFfFF

Shallow starts like a nostalgic folk ballad and has a gradual build up until an explosive chorus and both partsĀ are equally captivating. PI has a great instrumental and key change but the vocals sink the song.

FfFfFfFF
7 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

It's been taken down long ago, but there's also a snippet of it that was played at Mark's show a few weeks ago, but I'm sure you already heard it. :)

Ā 

The chorus is exactly the same, and in the "old" version the verses were also very similar. Gaga made it better though, the "high like amphetamine, maybe you're just a dream" was reaaaally cool:giveup:

Writing credits are given both for lyrical and melodic input. Gaga changed some of the notes and lyrics so she deserves to be credited as a co-writer. Plus, we don't know if thatĀ 'demo' was a version where Gaga, Mark and Kevin worked together before completing it in a final version or the original demo Kevin sent to Gaga.Ā :shrug:

Kapi09

I love first half of PI... but the second part :selena:
I am choosing global smash hit Shallow :ally:

My name isn't Alice

imnotyourbabe10

Went with PI for most of the reasons others have given.Ā  It is a freaking fabulous, heartbreak/breakup anthem that is a rush of adrenaline with some neat lyrics "...in a modern ecstasy..."Ā  Shallow is radiant, too, and will be in her top hits for the rest of her career (it seems).

Enzo

are you all deaf? :bradley:

ķˆ­ ź¹Œė³“ė©“ ģ–“ź¹€ģ—†ģ“ ģ†Œė¦¬ģ§ˆėŸ¬ģ™€

Archived