LG6
politics

UK Government Loses Key Brexit Vote

Featured Posts

Ivannn
3 minutes ago, BenG said:

The question then would be does the EU even want Scotland

I think only problemstic state could be Spain due to Catalonia dispute.

I do not mean to offend anyone but it is just funny to me to listen old english man or young in Parliament talking about EU opression, dictatorship, etc. but when they are in position to force something on others ( Scots, EU, etc. ) it is just fine. They are after all English.

BenG
1 minute ago, Sam98 said:

Let's not even mention how delicate the situation with Northern Ireland will probably be... I-

Without a deal, a hard border will have to be in place.

• Like 1

Ivannn
2 minutes ago, BenG said:

The EU is unlikely to grant extension, especially with the European elections coming up.

That is for sure. Few weeks max.

Sam98
5 minutes ago, BenG said:

Without a deal, a hard border will have to be in place.

They will have to find some other way or else they will face big dissatisfaction from the Irish

Benji

The deal is bad and any form of deal that makes us tied to the EU with little say is bad.  We need to leave with no deal, we’re more prepared for it than reported and we will bounce back a lot quicker from any disruptions than we’ve been led to expect.

• Like 1

Glamourpuss
2 hours ago, DziJuLaj said:

People also voted for Hitler back then.

But as a European I am happy the UK is going to leave the EU. It has been always the only country that cares only about themselves and do not understand that the EU is about being a community, which help us to live in peace. I just hope that other countries will not follow. 

We know what it is. The UK want to be independent. The EU wants us to be a doormat. There's nothing wrong with taking care of your own but right now the UK is taking care of everyone else and their own are being neglected. Simple as that. 

Florian
2 hours ago, DziJuLaj said:

People also voted for Hitler back then.

But as a European I am happy the UK is going to leave the EU. It has been always the only country that cares only about themselves and do not understand that the EU is about being a community, which help us to live in peace. I just hope that other countries will not follow. 

Hitler hasn't been elected by the people :sweat:

Ivannn
8 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

We know what it is. The UK want to be independent. The EU wants us to be a doormat. There's nothing wrong with taking care of your own but right now the UK is taking care of everyone else and their own are being neglected. Simple as that. 

Simply not true.

Glamourpuss
3 minutes ago, Ivannn said:

Simply not true.

You said that the UK doesn't understand that the EU is about living in a community. That was the untrue statement. 

The EU community thing is an idealistic point of view. The truth is nothing like that. 

BenG
3 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

The EU community thing is an idealistic point of view. The truth is nothing like that. 

Agreed. The EU will never live as one. The smaller countries will eventually feel like they're being ruled by the bigger ones.

Glamourpuss
4 minutes ago, BenG said:

Agreed. The EU will never live as one. The smaller countries will eventually feel like they're being ruled by the bigger ones.

Precisely. The UK is strong enough to be on it's own. It doesn't need to be ruled over. 

Sistren
12 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

Precisely. The UK is strong enough to be on it's own. It doesn't need to be ruled over. 

I guess. 

Btw i’ve heard somewhere that UK people still think that they could rule the world like in the past :derpga:

I dont know if its true but thats a funny statement for me :huntyga:

• Shook 1

Ivannn
21 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

You said that the UK doesn't understand that the EU is about living in a community. That was the untrue statement. 

I did not say that. Read it again. I was reffering to a EuroStat data and it shows that among all EUmember states, British citizens are least familiarized with what EU really is, how laws and rules are made, how parliament works, officials elected, etc. It is EuroStat data, not my opinion.

What I did say is that your statement is false. It is not enough to just look and see how much you pay each year to the budegt. Look how much UK as a country gets back, then how much universities, enterpreneurs, farmers... How much does it gets with various programmes, agencies, cohezion policy. How much did GDP grow over decades due to EU ( not counting how much would it grow without it ), income growth,living standard growth,,,, I could go on for a long time. Check those data and then comment on UK support to others via EU.

Ivannn
24 minutes ago, BenG said:

I am comming from a " smaller " country and it is not the case.

JonathanHolland1

The problem is, as some comments here show, that many people in the UK overestimate the position of their country in the world. In a globalizing world they choose to be on their own and that leaves them quite isolated.

The idea of them getting some good trade deals with the US or EU in the future will backfire, since these unions are not as dependent of the UK for trade as vice versa. They can't expect the EU to concede on all their demands since they obviously have the better bargain position. 

With all the chaos in the UK parliament these politicians are making a fool of themselves and their country tbh 

• Like 1