Stefani Tee
politics

UK Government Loses Key Brexit Vote

Featured Posts

Bellatrix

UK should held a new referendum as soon as possible now when people are aware of the chaos and see how messy it will end up. They probably didn't realize it the last time.

monster4life231
4 minutes ago, AndrewMac95 said:

At this point it’s becoming a joke, from all ends. 

I wish people would give Theresa a break though, she is literally still going even though she’s faced so much crap from her party and the public. Wish we would stop bringing down a strong female character, tbh if this was Cameron or Blair they wouldn’t be getting as much stick as Theresa is getting. Fact 

I don't think this is a gender issue, it's a political one. I'm really unhappy with May's performance as PM, not because she's a woman, but because I think she's a weak leader. I also have no support for Cameron or Blair, and dislike them both.

Edited by monster4life231
spread peace.

Ivannn
1 hour ago, BenG said:

Brexit has to happen. The people voted for it

well, MPS's also voted down this agreement first time but yet again she came back with the same proposal again and put it to vote. Her argument that the people had their say is by her own action invalid. 

BenG
7 minutes ago, Ivannn said:

well, MPS's also voted down this agreement first time but yet again she came back with the same proposal again and put it to vote. Her argument that the people had their say is by her own action invalid. 

MPs rejected her deal because they wanted assurances on the backstop. She got some changes and MPs voted on that again. It's clear many of the Remainers are using the "assurances" as an excuse to prevent Brexit.

Edited by BenG

Ivannn
2 minutes ago, BenG said:

MPs rejected her deal because they wanted assurances on the backstop. She got some changes and MPs voted on that again. It's clear many of the Remainers are using the "assurances" as an excuse to prevent Brexit.

well also argument for a new referendum is that this time people would know what they are acctualy voting for. Not those lies and fear Leavers sold the first time.

• Like 1

BenG
2 minutes ago, Ivannn said:

well also argument for a new referendum is that this time people would know what they are acctualy voting for. Not those lies and fear Leavers sold the first time.

That would set a dangerous precedent. What threshold of lies is required for a re-do?

monster4life231
6 minutes ago, BenG said:

Remainers have voted against this, but so have leading Brexiteers including the ERG.

spread peace.

monster4life231
Just now, BenG said:

That would set a dangerous precedent. What threshold of lies is required for a re-do?

Agreed. The first referendum revealed a lot of divisions in our society. A second would one would make it worse in my opinion.

spread peace.

BenG
3 minutes ago, monster4life231 said:

Remainers have voted against this, but so have leading Brexiteers including the ERG.

The ERG is a lost cause tbh

monster4life231
Just now, BenG said:

The ERG is a lost cause tbh

I think they would prefer a no-deal scenario. 

spread peace.

Phaye Monster

Honestly, just... whatever with Brexit now. I’ve just accepted that we’re screwed regardless. I feel bad for May though, she is potentially the most hated woman in Britain right now. 

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby
  • Like 1

Ivannn
6 minutes ago, BenG said:

it would not be a precedent since there was already a referendum in 1975 where UK decided to remain in the EC. EC transformed to EU by treaty changes,yes, but it is also important to know that UK was a treaty maker and EU law and rules maker so nothnih was forced upon UK in this time period. UK being very influental member until recently shaped the EU in what it is today, together with other members ofc.

Edited by Ivannn

BenG

I blame Cameron for all this mess. What was he thinking when allowing such a referendum. The result was a freaking 52-48

• Like 2

boyfromnowhere

is brexit happening or not someone reply pls

Spoiler

and what is brexit again

Edited by boyfromnowhere
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

Sam98

So is it already official that UK is having a No Deal situation in its hands or not yet?