1. 1. Are you praying?

• Yes I am praying
    • Yes I am praying

Featured Posts

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m praying witchu :vegas:

Also praying for Best Picture because that Bradley’s best chance of doing a speech and the whole cast being up there :messga:

SPARTACUS

Voting is closed, so there's no amount of praying that's gonna change what's written on the card. :laughga:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

jujubaruda

Ok, everybody listen to this, or any other binaural beats for the same purpose, when sleeping tonight.

jujubaruda
14 hours ago, Burqa Swag said:

I am athiest

Does that mean I am not qualified to be a Little Monster? 

Reveal hidden contents

jk nsjdnjfnd

No. Gaga is God, if you don't believe in God, you don't believe in Gaga. :ohwell:

RAMROD
7 hours ago, DreamingMonster said:

Inb4 she's losing best song and winning best actress :laughga:

I honestly dreamed about this last night :madge:

I dreamed that netflix buster scruggs yeehaw song win it instead cos Oscars want to be edgy. :triggered:

I don't even know why I dreamed that :nooo:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

BlingNotTheMusic

Did anyone here see The Wife? It's SO amazing and Glenn is top notch. I saw ASIB 4 times in the theater and love it but I think it may go to Glenn as she had been nominated 6 times with no win 🤷‍♂️

LilyLark
3 hours ago, RAMROD said:

I honestly dreamed about this last night :madge:

I dreamed that netflix buster scruggs yeehaw song win it instead cos Oscars want to be edgy. :triggered:

I don't even know why I dreamed that :nooo:

Netflix spent twice the budget of Roma just to promote it for Best Picture, and supposedly poured money into Buster too...which is not good. And Disney is making a big as* push for all their films, so the Mary Poppins song is likely being included, and if they got Bette to sing it I think that indicates they may have been pushing it in the BOS category... The Oscars have always been full of BS campaigning, and everyone thought it would be less bad this year because Harvey is gone but nope. Rami is partially winning because he can work a room unlike BCoop and Bale, and Rachel Weisz and Emma Stone are leading actresses in the supporting category, and so on.

Like even with the changes, the Academy is still full of mostly white, older, "conservative liberal" type men and I can absolutely see them being the type to go "I'm not awarding a gasp, pop tart star, or gasp, rapper, so I'll give it to this country song or this Marry Poppins song or Diane since she's been snubbed ten million times" Two of the anonymous ballots kind of came off that way in how they talked about All the Stars and Shallow. 

But considering she's won like all the previous awards, and the voting body "kind" of overlaps, I still think she has Shallow in the bag.  But NGL, as someone who has followed the Oscar race for the past several years I am a bit worried.

nodandsmile
1 hour ago, LilyLark said:

Netflix spent twice the budget of Roma just to promote it for Best Picture, and supposedly poured money into Buster too...which is not good. And Disney is making a big as* push for all their films, so the Mary Poppins song is likely being included, and if they got Bette to sing it I think that indicates they may have been pushing it in the BOS category... The Oscars have always been full of BS campaigning, and everyone thought it would be less bad this year because Harvey is gone but nope. Rami is partially winning because he can work a room unlike BCoop and Bale, and Rachel Weisz and Emma Stone are leading actresses in the supporting category, and so on.

Like even with the changes, the Academy is still full of mostly white, older, "conservative liberal" type men and I can absolutely see them being the type to go "I'm not awarding a gasp, pop tart star, or gasp, rapper, so I'll give it to this country song or this Marry Poppins song or Diane since she's been snubbed ten million times" Two of the anonymous ballots kind of came off that way in how they talked about All the Stars and Shallow. 

But considering she's won like all the previous awards, and the voting body "kind" of overlaps, I still think she has Shallow in the bag.  But NGL, as someone who has followed the Oscar race for the past several years I am a bit worried.

The facts on the two first paragraphs :giveup: Voters don't take this thing nearly as seriously as those who watch it religiously do. Most of things you read about the anonymous ballots scream one thing ... laziness! 

One voter literaly said that "All The Stars" is one her favourite parts of the movie when it wasn't even included in it actually, it played during the end credits sequence!

LilyLark
8 minutes ago, SimplyTheBest said:

The facts on the two first paragraphs :giveup: Voters don't take this thing nearly as seriously as those who watch it religiously do. Most of things you read about the anonymous ballots scream one thing ... laziness! 

One voter literaly said that "All The Stars" is one her favourite parts of the movie when it wasn't even included in it actually, it played during the end credits sequence!

It's so infuriating. And all the sexist old men who were like "The Favourite" seemed indulgent/turned me off just because it is a women focused story, or the guy who called Roma a home movie. I loved Roma, but I can see why some people didn't like it, but calling it a home movie is patronizing and bizarre as was the way he talked about Yalitza.

And I love Glenn and I thought she was good in the Wife, but Olivia deserves Best Actress for the last scenes with Rachel when they talk about love and how she tears up at the dancing scene with Samuel Masham and Sarah. But 3/4 of the Glenn votes make it clear it is a career awards, which it shouldn't be. And this might sound sacrilegious, but I thought everything about the Wife was boring and generic and that in turn influenced how I saw the roles and Jonathan Pryce and Glenn. I'd actually put Melissa and Gaga ahead of Glenn in that category.

Like I generally enjoy following the Oscars despite the pettiness and BS campaigning, but this year with BoRhap and Green Book has been...especially annoying. And I had high hopes with Harvey leaving and in the past the Academy awarding Moonlight and nominating folks like Yorgos and Pawel this year (although Marielle deserved a nod) that this season would not play out the way it has.

Archived