💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

The rumors are most likely true

Featured Posts

Inferno
Just now, Red said:

It's like when you test a pen and you don't have what to write so you write your name. You don't know how to name your album so you just put your name in there.

I really feel like thats what happened with ARTPOP. Or even The Fame Monster (which I think gets a pass because its an add-on to The Fame but in reality it was kind of lazy but its iconic so whatever). Idk

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Inferno said:

I really feel like thats what happened with ARTPOP. Or even The Fame Monster (which I think gets a pass because its an add-on to The Fame but in reality it was kind of lazy but its iconic so whatever). Idk

How is that so? Gaga kept giving interview after interview trying to explain ARTPOP and she barely could, how is that basic?

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Inferno
7 minutes ago, Red said:

How is that so? Gaga kept giving interview after interview trying to explain ARTPOP and she barely could, how is that basic?

Its lazy because it was such a vague made up term that she could slap onto the work to make it sound more meaningful than it actually was. Thus all of her Gagasplaining throughout the era "so this song is actually about this, but its actually about that, but it really means this #ARTPOP" was so meandering and hollow. And to top it all off ARTPOP was such an inaccurate description of the music on the album anyway lol she gave us solid commercial rupaul's drag race contestant type bops, meanwhile Beyonce came out with her game changing self-titled album which by comparison showcased the banality of an album like ARTPOP which honestly was mislabeled imo. Had she marketed the album for what it was, a fun hedonistic record with moments of subversion I think it would have fared a lot better. Idk, I can go on and on why ARTPOP was a bad title choice and how it actually inflicted criticism onto the era. But the title alone just sounds bad anyway imo. vs. a self titled album which is very direct and vague but at least justifiably so.

DeleteMyAccount
5 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Its lazy because it was such a vague made up term that she could slap onto the work to make it sound more meaningful than it actually was. Thus all of her Gagasplaining throughout the era "so this song is actually about this, but its actually about that, but it really means this #ARTPOP" was so meandering and hollow. And to top it all off ARTPOP was such an inaccurate description of the music on the album anyway lol she gave us solid commercial rupaul's drag race contestant type bops, meanwhile Beyonce came out with her game changing self-titled album which by comparison showcased the banality of an album like ARTPOP which honestly was mislabeled imo. Had she marketed the album for what it was, a fun hedonistic record with moments of subversion I think it would have fared a lot better. Idk, I can go on and on why ARTPOP was a bad title choice and how it actually inflicted criticism onto the era. But the title alone just sounds bad anyway imo. vs. a self titled album which is very direct and vague but at least justifiably so.

I basically agree, but.. I have seen the term "ARTPOP" be used in multiple occasions since the album release. Most recently in a magazine article. I forgot which fashion magazine, but the impact is real. Subtle, but some people caught on. And honestly, that's a reward in itself.

Inferno
1 minute ago, ZacharyMark said:

I basically agree, but.. I have seen the term "ARTPOP" be used in multiple occasions since the album release. Most recently in a magazine article. I forgot which fashion magazine, but the impact is real. Subtle, but some people caught on. And honestly, that's a reward in itself.

Well I don't want to take that away from her but its a term used before the album and will be used after the album. I don't think Gaga intended to act like she invented the term of course. But I don't think its usage post-ARTPOP necessarily has to do with Gaga. Imo. But honestly its not impossible either.

DeleteMyAccount
2 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Well I don't want to take that away from her but its a term used before the album and will be used after the album. I don't think Gaga intended to act like she invented the term of course. But I don't think its usage post-ARTPOP necessarily has to do with Gaga. Imo. But honestly its not impossible either.

But we never heard it before the album. She brought it to the mainstream which was the purpose.

Inferno
1 minute ago, ZacharyMark said:

But we never heard it before the album. She brought it to the mainstream which was the purpose.

I did. People have used the term for years.

Magneto
28 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Curious as to why self-titled albums are hated by anyone? I feel like the only time they are tragic is when they're bad aka Shakira. and Britney Jean. Nothing to me is more basic than ARTPOP as a title, she would have to try really hard to come up with something worse or lazier than that honestly.

I have no words:laughga:

Free my mind

DeleteMyAccount
1 minute ago, Inferno said:

I did. People have used the term for years.

To the mainstream. Mainstream.

GAGA is a good name, since it literally tells the gp who’s the artist behind the album, and Gaga is everywhere right now, it makes sense.

But if she does the LADY and GAGA concept, and releases GAGA first, the timeline would look weird, something like this:

ASIB (2018)

GAGA (2019)

LADY (2022)

Gaga Lady :triggered:

Inferno
3 minutes ago, Magneto said:

I have no words:laughga:

How can you think a self titled album is worse than ARTPOP. Like...it literally sounded like some basic gagadaily stans title turned reality.

Archived