Stefani Tee
society

'Today' show to air full interview with Covington Catholic student

Featured Posts

lego
1 minute ago, Lord Temptation said:

Don’t make this a black or white issue please. 

Trump would NEVER invite non-white kids to WH if the roles were reversed in this story.

This is a classic example of white privilege. 

It's not easy love, but you've got friends you can trust
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Lord Temptation
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

That’s the power of privilege. You just have to exist to get a TV interview. 

Hang on. Wanna talk about privilege? Why isn’t the Today show interviewing Nathan Phillips (the Native elder)???

Don’t blame white kids for being privileged when it is MAINSTREAM MEDIA that puts white kids on a pedestal and totally ignores nonwhites and elders.

Morphine Prince
Just now, Lord Temptation said:

Hang on. Wanna talk about privilege? Why isn’t the Today show interviewing Nathan Phillips (the Native elder)???

Don’t blame white kids for being privileged when it is MAINSTREAM MEDIA that puts white kids on a pedestal and totally ignores nonwhites and elders.

I’m blaming the media. Did you not read my reply? 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 2

Morphine Prince

Oh yeah and an innocent kid would TOTALLY hire a PR firm hours after the incident lmfao. 

• Like 7

Lord Temptation
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

I’m blaming the media. Did you not read my reply? 

Yes I did, and you insinuated that simply BEING WHITE is a privilege. Well, no actually. It’s media that creates privilege, not biology.

Power determines privilege, not colour. People focus on race so they can avoid talking about class which is the real issue.

It’s like they think poor whites AND privileged blacks don’t exist.

• YAAAS 1

shoful
3 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Yes I did, and you insinuated that simply BEING WHITE is a privilege. Well, no actually. It’s media that creates privilege, not biology.

Power determines privilege, not colour. People focus on race so they can avoid talking about class which is the real issue.

tenor.gif?itemid=12350734

You’re Speaking the truth!

Edited by shoful
"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."
  • Thanks 1

Morphine Prince

I never even mentioned race. All I said was privilege. 

It’s not just race. It’s class, religion, etc. 

And yes, being some of these things can give you privilege depending on what society you belong to. 

• Like 4

ZacharyMark
10 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

May I ask if you are white?

Lord Temptation
5 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I never even mentioned race. All I said was privilege. 

It’s not just race. It’s class, religion, etc. 

And yes, being some of these things can give you privilege depending on what society you belong to. 

Thank you. Every society is the same when it comes to privilege. It exists everywhere, not only in immigrant-based societies like the US and Australia. If you were to go to a society that is completely monocultural (everyone is the same religion/race/skin colour) there will still be privileged and nonprivileged people. Power is determined by complex factors. It’s never black or white.

Lord Temptation
4 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

May I ask if you are white?

The fact that you are even asking makes me feel you are already assuming that I am white.

No, I am not. Or I don’t identify as white.

Morphine Prince

Thank you. Every society is the same when it comes to privilege. It exists everywhere, not only in immigrant-based societies like the US and Australia. If you were to go to a society that is completely monocultural (everyone is the same religion/race/skin colour) there will still be privileged and nonprivileged people. Power is determined by complex factors. It’s never black or white.

Ok, but the root of privilege isn’t the issue at hand here. 

I think we’re all aware privilege varies depending on where you go, even in monocultural societies. 

But in the US being white among other things can give you privilege. 

ZacharyMark

The fact that you are even asking makes me feel you are already assuming that I am white.

No, I am not. Or I don’t identify as white.

Actually I'm just asking, not assuming. I'm trying to access this thread before I make assumptions and/or possibly target you as a white person in a post without any knowledge. So I'm sorry that I was trying to make things clear.....

• Like 1

Lord Temptation
3 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Ok, but the root of privilege isn’t the issue at hand here. 

I think we’re all aware privilege varies depending on where you go, even in monocultural societies. 

But in the US being white among other things can give you privilege. 

Why does being white give you privilege, do you think? Genuinely curious about your opinion.

Lord Temptation
2 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Actually I'm just asking, not assuming. I'm trying to access this thread before I make assumptions and/or possibly target you as a white person in a post without any knowledge. So I'm sorry that I was trying to make things clear.....

Ok, fine. Well now you know...

Morphine Prince
Just now, Lord Temptation said:

Why does being white give you privilege, do you think? Genuinely curious about your opinion.

The fact you are asking shows that you either aren’t from the US or have never lived in the US. 

US society has been structured to benefit whites, mostly wealthy whites since the beginning. Centuries of slavery aimed towards blacks and decades of laws aimed at keeping non-whites as second class citizens have impacted this country forever. 

It isn’t until the most recent decades that we have seen more real change for all of us to be more equal. 

• Like 6