💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Rant: Why does Gaga complicate things?

Bambino

Featured Posts

Bambino

Do you feel like Gaga unnecessarily makes things complicated? I mean imo this whole "I'm not Gaga, I'm Stefani" thing is just so uncalled for. She makes me feel like she taking a huge load of **** over all of her older work when she says stuff like that. I mean, I get it she felt like she probably couldn't make it as Stefani the ordinary girl from NYC whom nobody paid attention to, so she had to come up with a more appealing and controversial persona under the name Lady Gaga who'd wear meat, vomit, bleed on stage... etc! and now that she's been ditching some Gaga's weird outfits and looking more normal like Stefani did but this time people are liking it and giving her credit, she's like "but I've always been like this, I'm not Gaga the crazy."

Stefani gurl, I don't know if you're reading this, but you wouldn't have made it without Gaga, you wouldn't have millions of fans all over the world without Gaga. If it wasn't for Gaga, you'd be just another pre-2001 Shakira with a guitar and a bar to sing at. The fact that you, whoever you identity yourself as, can sing pop, jazz, rap, rock, opera, French, act doesn't mean one character has to overshade the other, it means that you, again, whoever you identity yourself as, Gaga or Stefani, are an artist who's versatile enough to what the **** she wants to and do it ****ing well.

Rant is over.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagadonna

Her issue is she’s always looking for recognition and approval (though she may pretend not to) 

which is actually very common in our society, many many people seek this  

Runway
7 minutes ago, Bambino said:

She makes me feel like she taking a huge load of **** over all of her older work when she says stuff like that

It seems like you’re jumping to conclusions 

Didymus

My feeling is she feels compelled to make things complicated because she's afraid her talent just isn't enough. She always overpromotes and always overcompensates with stories that really confuse more than enlighten.

Even with Joanne it was painful to watch. We were supposed to see a simple, authentic musical moment happen and instead she completely drowned it in the whole dead aunt "call me Joanne" angle, still feeling forced to include bs songs about masturbation and falling for cowboys because who knows, they might not dig a balls-to-the-wall country folk album. And then we're surprised she doesn't get critical acclaim?

All through her career it's been presentation first, music second. That's still the case, actually, the presentation's just gotten very tame and very mainstream. It's just frustrating now especially because she's actively making comparisons with her earlier career: rather than "just" having pop songs, now she's supposedly really making music and digging into her heart and soul.

But I don't see it, and I don't feel it. The divide between her presentation and her actual artistic output has never been so great, and it really makes me wonder if she can (or wants to) still sit down and write a great song without the help of all those amazing talents she constantly uses to cover her ass :cryga: She had far less writers on The Fame, like seriously... If it's gonna be 100% her vision this time, then why is she co-writing with 100 people or singing covers? It just doesn't add up.

I think if you’re getting that worked up over something so trivial but also so personal you need to take a healthy step back from “stanning” and maybe just try and be a fan. I imagine when she wanted to be an actress she wanted to see her name in lights and that name wasn’t lady Gaga. It’s obviously very personal to her and I think you need to look at it from her point of view instead of your own. You’re a Stan who doesn’t want Gaga to go away. She’s someone who’s had to go through a lot of different “personas” to navigate the industry. I don’t think it’s crazy for her to talk about that on a public level. Doesn’t mean your beloved Gaga goes away because obviously she never will.

Reality

The only people who are complicating this matter are fans who brutally want Gaga to "stay Gaga."

Here's what the situation is:

"Gaga" is Stefani. Stefani is "Gaga". "Gaga" is a persona Stefani used in order to feel more confident, brave, and to overall take creative control over her career. Stefani is weird, artistic, creative, imaginative, rebellious, etc., but "Gaga" is just that 10x. 

The reason she made that statement is because at this point in time, people only see "Gaga" for what they want to see her as. She explains this on the Actors on Actors interview with Jamie Lee Curtis. "Gaga" is suppose to be an amalgamation of who she is and whatever artistic endeavour she's taking on; however, people have misconstrued that in a way where people only see her as being what they want to see her as. People have this perception of who she is, and often times, that's not who she really is. She made that statement to say "Look, I am 'Gaga', but I'm not the 'Gaga' everyone thinks I am because at this point everyone has a perception of me that's different from who I really am."

I feel like people are misconstruing this to be like "Well Gaga's not 'Gaga' if she's not weird so she must not like being 'Gaga' anymore." Remember the rumour that she was going to be credited as "Stefani" for the movie? Well, she's credited as "Lady Gaga." She still sees herself as Gaga, but she doesn't like that there are people who have this idea of who "Gaga" is when they really don't.

🃏🖤👹

mariomania1234

The fans make it complicated, Not Gaga. They jump to their own rash conclusions.

GGD really needs to hop off her **** for a little taken out of context soundbite. It's not that deep.

Y'all know damn well she's going to be completely different for her next era and the one after that.

You'd think after five album campaigns her fans would see this.

Also she has NEVER talked badly about her past work. Why do I keep reading this outright lie?

mariomania1234
20 minutes ago, Bambino said:

Do you feel like Gaga unnecessarily makes things complicated? I mean imo this whole "I'm not Gaga, I'm Stefani" thing is just so Rant is over.

And she never said this either. :smh:

Supersonic

She doesn't, the endless hot takes from fans who try to figure things out and try to represent the brand and person "Lady Gaga" as if they were her are what complicates everything.

People thinking "Ha! I've finally figured her out! This is what she will do next!" is the real problem. You don't. Cuz she's a person, with feelings, cravings, needs, thoughts and opinions. Lady Gaga is a person not a science.

Didymus
4 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

"Gaga" is Stefani. Stefani is "Gaga". "Gaga" is a persona Stefani used in order to feel more confident, brave, and to overall take creative control over her career. Stefani is weird, artistic, creative, imaginative, rebellious, etc., but "Gaga" is just that 10x. 

The reason she made that statement is because at this point in time, people only see "Gaga" for what they want to see her as.

But that happens to everyone in life :shrug: Like, why are so many fans writing this stuff, pretending it's supposed to be a eureka moment? Do you think Rihanna or Mariah don't feel the exact same way? When you're a celebrity, you are automatically perceived in a way different from who you are, and when you're a pop star you are just expected to play the part, Gaga isn't special here :oprah:

This whole "Stefani", "Gaga" thing is a waste of time for us to focus on. What the fans are actually bummed about is that they have to listen to songs Selena Gomez could've released on her last album, while Gaga is pretending it's her best work :oops: Sorry, but that's the truth. It's not about Gaga being "Gaga", it's about Gaga justifying why we pay so much attention to her.

And after tons of side projects and a lackluster solo album, some fans are just fed up with her pretending we should take that **** as seriously as we did TF(M) or BTW :what: It's just not enough for a lot of fans, and they don't have a substitute for her, so they stay here and whine about it. I know that must be annoying for the fans who keep enjoying her (or make excuses for her) but it's totally understandable, esp. when she has, like it or not, completely switched up her game in just a few years' time.

The way I see it, it's only the people who always considered her artistic work to be less important than just glorifying everything she does, whatever the quality, who were unaffected by all the changes in her career :air: But I sure am glad to not be part of you guys...

FlopSlurper
9 minutes ago, Jed said:

I think if you’re getting that worked up over something so trivial but also so personal you need to take a healthy step back from “stanning” and maybe just try and be a fan. I imagine when she wanted to be an actress she wanted to see her name in lights and that name wasn’t lady Gaga. It’s obviously very personal to her and I think you need to look at it from her point of view instead of your own. You’re a Stan who doesn’t want Gaga to go away. She’s someone who’s had to go through a lot of different “personas” to navigate the industry. I don’t think it’s crazy for her to talk about that on a public level. Doesn’t mean your beloved Gaga goes away because obviously she never will.

This, a year and something ago I was so mad at her for going to epione and how she handled the meet and greet of the tour and then when she announced her vegas residency she hit the last nail in the coffin and I blocked her from everywhere :air: I realise that sounds very dramatic but at the time it was so many things adding up. Me blocking her is why I'm still a fan now, I had her blocked until I saw her on tour again and I got reminded why I love her. Now I've learned to ignore what I don't like about her and appreciate what I love.

Didymus
12 minutes ago, mariomania1234 said:

Y'all know damn well she's going to be completely different for her next era and the one after that.

I seriously disagree.

She hasn't changed up her game since C2C. This really does feel permanent. It's been four years...

mariomania1234
5 minutes ago, Didymus said:

But that happens to everyone in life :shrug: Like, why are so many fans writing this stuff, pretending it's supposed to be a eureka moment? Do you think Rihanna or Mariah don't feel the exact same way? When you're a celebrity, you are automatically perceived in a way different from who you are, and when you're a pop star you are just expected to play the part, Gaga isn't special here :oprah:

This whole "Stefani", "Gaga" thing is a waste of time for us to focus on. What the fans are actually bummed about is that they have to listen to songs Selena Gomez could've released on her last album, while Gaga is pretending it's her best work :oops:Sorry, but that's the truth. 

No it's not. It's subjective.

mariomania1234
Just now, Didymus said:

I seriously disagree.

She hasn't changed up her game since C2C. This really does feel permanent. It's been four years...

I completely disagree. Her whole aesthetic and sound changes album to album. Sorry.

Archived