opinion

I can't believe Anna Wintour approved this

pedrohemg

Featured Posts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JohnnyVersace

The cover with her in the floral headpiece is downright ICONIC. Not to mention the significance of Beyonce being photographed by the first black photographer to land a Vogue cover. Progressive, thoughtful and gorgeous. 

Those coming for the staging clearly have no sense of artistic/creative taste, as the sheets/paintings were meant to mimic backdrops in a rustic, almost Southern-romantic, way. It incorporates Beyonce's own aesthetic into Vogue's, and celebrates black culture and Bey's heritage. 

Anna approved this because of her understanding of artistic direction, and showcasing fashion in new, interesting ways, rather than giving boring/problematic Jennifer Lawerence yet another September cover. 

Next. 

ftm0ep.gif

RAMROD

Then you probably don't actually understand Anna Wintour's taste, or how her brains work, do you?

She is the very woman in chief of Vogue who did this infamous yet iconic cover as her first ever US Vogue cover in 1988

image-title1.jpg

it was making a stir because the model was wearing jeans. Which was seen not very VOGUE. But look what happened now, high end jeans is a norm now. 

She sees what you don't see and the same with this Beyoncé cover, I suppose!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Haroon

It doesn't really seem Vogue to me either but I think that's what they were going for, to be a bit rougher and different this time around :huh: There are so many beautiful and polished Vogue covers, so if it's true that Beyonce had quite a big say in what happened with her shoot and the cover then I'm not surprised something like this was chosen. It's still a nice picture, not what would've been expected but not shocking for me either :shrug:

elijahfan

Well, I think it's actually a pretty refreshing cover. I love the DIY aspect of it. Many VOGUE covers end up looking just the same, and they're so photoshopped that sometimes I'm having a hard time recognizing who's on it....

A memorable VOGUE cover is not such a common thing, so props to Bey for trying something different. There's no excuse for that stairs picture tho.

SpamMusubi

I actually think that the photos have a kind of elegant, subdued beauty to them:tea:

Spoiler

But then again I'm not very good when it comes to judging the quality of photos so my opinion might be shite:saira:

Sushi is my one true passion

Knife

This is actually Blue Ivy's editorial debut on Vogue - can you not critique a 6 year old's work so harshly? :crossed:

Ziggy

I like all he texture of Bey’s shoot:sweat: that JLaw one you posted is one of yhe most boring and forgettable photos I’ve seen in awhile. It is *too* on-brand to the point where it isn’t memorable. I love that Vogue decided to make waves with Beyoncé’s shoot and love even more the photographer they went with. I think he made her look beautiful and gave an angle of fashion that isn’t super glossy-looking. I like that, it’s refreshing and look, we’re still talking about it because of how against the grain it is for them 

Though for the life of me I don’t know why anyone dislikes the last photo with the gold headpiece. It’s both glamorous like Vogue *and* in line with the shoot. It’s the most “compromise”-y of the photos. 

Archived