TheAlpha

Featured Posts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SKANK
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

Or, maybe we just call bullshit when it stinks too much :ohwell:

Those explanations make absolutely no sense. If LaChapelle is responsible for the artistic decision to remove Amanda, why did he post the wrong picture in the first place? Did his finger slip?

Stealing focus, my ass. But I’m glad the controversy does steal the focus now.

thirds_feat-800x533.jpg

If you look at the two images from a subjective point of view Amanda's placement skews the perspective, and draws focus from what they intended to be the main subject: the large inflated head. Her clunky placement without a doubt steals focus. Just take a sec to google, "the golden ratio" or the "rule of thirds."

The fact that you think it's more likey that David LaChapelle, Amanda Lepore, and Travis Scott are all lying to cover up Scott's transphobia, than it is likely that LaChapelle accidentally posted the wrong image, speaks to my original point about people not being able to reason.

elijahfan
14 hours ago, SKANK said:

If you look at the two images from a subjective point of view Amanda's placement skews the perspective, and draws focus from what they intended to be the main subject: the large inflated head. Her clunky placement without a doubt steals focus. Just take a sec to google, "the golden ratio" or the "rule of thirds."

The fact that you think it's more likey that David LaChapelle, Amanda Lepore, and Travis Scott are all lying to cover up Scott's transphobia, than it is likely that LaChapelle accidentally posted the wrong image, speaks to my original point about people not being able to reason.

Well the truth is that without Amanda in the picture, the composition ends up being completely unbalanced, and it draws my attention to the fact that in this very crowded picture, there's a whole spot that's mysteriously empty :ohwell:

SKANK
24 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Well the truth is that without Amanda in the picture, the composition ends up being completely unbalanced, and it draws my attention to the fact that in this very crowded picture, there's a whole spot that's mysteriously empty :ohwell:

On the contrary, the photographic "rule of thirds" tells us that an uneven image is visually more pleasing than a symmetrical one. The negative space creates a more compelling image.

You are welcome to your own opinion and preferences, though I'm sure David LaChapelle knows more about photography than either of us.

elijahfan
26 minutes ago, SKANK said:

On the contrary, the photographic "rule of thirds" tells us that an uneven image is visually more pleasing than a symmetrical one. The negative space creates a more compelling image.

You are welcome to your own opinion and preferences, though I'm sure David LaChapelle knows more about photography than either of us.

Right, and we both know what his original concept for the image was :huntyga: I don't believe in fingers slipping.

The fact that Amanda was far away in the distance and smaller than the other girls prevented the result from being too symmetrical, and her placement respected the rules of the thirds. I also genuinely feel like it gave a better visual perspective, which is important for an image that relies so much on depth. I'm sorry, but now there's just a hole in the picture. It's natural that we all have opinions and different feelings regarding an artwork, and I don't mean to blow my own horn, but I have studied filmmaking and photography so on a pure technical level, I'm not totally devoid of knowledge on the matter.

TheAlpha
2 minutes ago, Bat said:

Sorry who? 

giphy.gif

“Self-made” billionaire Kylie’s man..

You know this is just my opinion, right?

SKANK
38 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

...I don't mean to blow my own horn, but I have studied filmmaking and photography so...

"Sometimes you have to toot your own horn. Because nobody else is going to do it...I went to an Ivy League school. I'm highly educated." - Donald Trump

The parallel's continue. :)

lost in limbo

Regardless of whether Amanda was removed on purpose or not, Travis Scott is still **** so we're fine either way :ohwell:

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

elijahfan
42 minutes ago, SKANK said:

"Sometimes you have to toot your own horn. Because nobody else is going to do it...I went to an Ivy League school. I'm highly educated." - Donald Trump

The parallel's continue. :)

Aaaand... you're not listening. At this point, whatever :laughga: Not here to prove anyone anything.

Be aware though that "Napoleon's horse is white - I am white, so I am Napoleon's horse" is the level of your parallel. We aren't going very far in the debate with that kind of logic.

TheAlpha

This conversation between the two of you isn’t really going anywhere. Amanda seemed to be ok with it, so it’s all good. However, he’s still an a**hole for what he did to his queer fans in that concert. @elijahfan @SKANK

You know this is just my opinion, right?

SKANK
18 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Aaaand... you're not listening. At this point, whatever :laughga: Not here to prove anyone anything.

Be aware though that "Napoleon's horse is white - I am white, so I am Napelon's horse" is the level of your parallel. We aren't going very far in the debate with that kind of logic.

I listened. We just have different opinions on the photograph. Which is great. Diversity of opinion makes this site a richer place. :)

I only mentioned the Trump parallel in order to end the conversation the same way it started, by pointing out how much certain members of this site have in common with Trump. As your willingness to reject reason if reason conflates with your decided world view, and your bragging, perfectly demonstrated.

As TheAlpha said, we are just polluting the thread at this point. So, feel free to PM me if you are interested in continuing the conversation. But I've said my peice. :)

13 minutes ago, TheAlpha said:

This conversation between the two of you isn’t really going anywhere. Amanda seemed to be ok with it, so it’s all good. However, he’s still an a**hole for what he did to his queer fans in that concert. @elijahfan @SKANK

I agree with you, and this post, completely.

monketsharona

Out of topic No hate from me, but I always found Amanda Lepore so trash and vulgar... Only my opinion

Archived