💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Travis Scott Addresses Amanda Lepore's Absence

TheAlpha

Featured Posts

TheAlpha

Leading up to the release of his new album Astroworld, Travis Scott revealed the record’s cover art, shot by photographer Dave LaChapelle, who then shared alternate artwork featuring the iconic transgender model Amanda Lepore. Scott then posted a new version in which Lepore was notably absent, leading to backlash from people who speculated that the action was rooted in transphobia.

travis-scott-astroworld-before-after.jpg

His response

You know this is just my opinion, right?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheAlpha
14 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

"I have nothing but respect for the LGBTQ community" LMAO LIE AGAIN PLEASE

Yea, this was disrespectful. How are you gonna do that to your queer fans in front of people who we all know tend to be really homophobic? I was really looking forward to listen to his new album. I ain't streaming sh!t. F#ck him.

Tom Nook
8 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

"I have nothing but respect for the LGBTQ community" LMAO LIE AGAIN PLEASE

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

rumours

Wait... so are they using the image with Amanda on it or not?

Also, the audacity of him claiming that he has respect for the LGBTQ community...:interestinga:

FrankGutz
1 minute ago, Rumours1977 said:

Also, the audacity of him claiming that he has respect for the LGBTQ community...:interestinga:

Probably he didnt wrote that

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Scathach

It's probably an hypocritical statement but a rapper saying he supports the lgbtq community is something important, I think.

TheAlpha
4 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

He mentions that in the booklet all the pictures will be included.. It's whatever at this point. I didn't know that video of him insulting queer fans existed until now.

ItsTommyBitch

... This just seems like a PR stunt. Why not use the image then, + with controversy in the past :/

Even if he's problematic, the GP has said time and time again they don't give a **** about inclusivity or diversity or common decency when it comes to rappers street cred or supporting their music though, so its lose lose.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

justanothergay

How trashy. That's the last I'll say about it, he doesn't deserve anyone's attention.

that boy that boy that boy that boy that boy That Boy THAT BOY is a MONSTER

rumours
3 minutes ago, TheAlpha said:

He mentions that in the booklet all the pictures will be included.. It's whatever at this point. I didn't know that video of him insulting queer fans existed until now.

I just think it’s gonna be pretty pitiful if he went through this entire explanation about his supposed respect for LGBTQ people and then decides to use the picture without her on it for his album cover. 

A legend like Amanda does not deserve to be treated with such disrespect. 

Catnikko

So people thought he removed her because he found out she was a trans women right? As if he wouldn't have already known that :air: It just seems like another case of people being so easily offended

Actual patient

Phlop

It’s odd to say she upstaged everyone when she’s in the background and there’s a naked woman laying flat in the front and one posing in front of the big head. Amanda is in the back and you can barely see her expression, there’s literally little detail to her.

So I don’t believe that excuse and that video doesn’t help.

BYE

Miel
23 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

... This just seems like a PR stunt. Why not use the image then, + with controversy in the past :/

Even if he's problematic, the GP has said time and time again they don't give a **** about inclusivity or diversity or common decency when it comes to rappers street cred or supporting their music though, so its lose lose.

It's totally a PR stunt, unfortunately.

And I agree with your second point, too. Unless we as a whole society collectively hold him accountable, it might just brush under the radar, just like many previously.

3 points in and ready for more

SKANK

David Lachapelle said he removed Amanda Lepore because she stole focus. Amanda Lepore said she was fine with being removed. Travis Scott confirms David Lachapelle's explanation, and sends a message of unanimous support to the entire LGBT community. But nope, this is still an act of transphobia.

Willingness to reject reason if reason conflates with your decided world view is a quality members of this site share with Trump supporters. :)

Archived