💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga has distanced herself from fans

Der Meister

Featured Posts

Suspiria

The whole "she doesn't have time" thing isn't really an excuse... back in the day she was WAY busier than she is now, yet she still made time for social media. Looking at artists like Cardi, who is new and is busy promoting herself as much as possible (and being pregnant), makes plenty of time to share pictures of fan art/tattoos etc and respond to comments. Then there's people like Taylor and Rihanna who again, are probably busier than Gaga, yet regularly have interactions with fans. So...

That said though, I think she's at a good level of fan interaction now. She still posts every so often, and always seems very polite with fans she meets, which is really all we should be asking for I think. She acknowledges us and shows her appreciation. Anything beyond that from a pop star is "bonus".

Plus she's on a break, an in-between era. Imagine if you had to deal with customers on your vacation!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mario Roberto Flores

I think she is disillusioned about us. On this site, or in other forums where LMs exchange ideas, they are always very acid, they say comments that hurt the heart, and they care little and nothing about the teaching that our queen tries to proclaim. And not only that. The LM destroy other artists. And they laugh at the failures of other POPStars. How is she going to want to have contact with such a toxic fanbase? I did not like Joanne. And I worried about his success. But I supported her, I did my homework as LM. I believe that, as a fanbase, we show that we understand that message of tolerance, acceptance and love, and apply it in our lives, she will BELIEVE in us again.

Americano

I think you mean she’s gotten older and is an established pop icon and doesn’t need to deal with her money makers 24/7 anymore 

sorry the truth hurts, we aren’t her friends

nodandsmile
15 hours ago, Der Meister said:

When Gaga first started she was the only artist who had a real relationship with her fans. She understood the meaning of fanbase and she was never afraid to mention her little monsters on her interviews and music, and she used to invite us backstage, replied to us on Twitter, stopping by on streets to have a real talk about her artistry etc. And now, she kinda is keeping herself away. I know she developed some sort of trauma, people constantly chasing her, invading her private life and property. But now it feels like she is only thinking about herself, and she left us behind. Do you agree? Please share your thoughts. :huh:

I think you are exaggerating a bit here she's still showing us her love on social media and still take her time to take selfies and signing autographs. And when I see other artists who don't even acknowledge their fans on social media, refuse to take pictures, treating them like **** or even throwing their gifts in trash cans ... I think we are very fortunate to stan such a loving woman. Plus can you imagine what goes through that woman's mind? Knowing how much she loves performing, she certainly still feel really bad about having to cancel those dates and feels like she let them down and being worried about her ability to perform in the future ... So, please I think we should let her take care of herself and don't add anything to her stress!

And let's be honest, some monsters don't give a F about the way she feels and say some hurtful things to her and I am sure she sees it so I'd understand it if she's mad!

freebit
4 hours ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

Just accept the truth that GP in Europe and Asia haven't used Gaga since 2011/2013.

If the GP doesn't use her music, then she will distance herself from them (or her "fans")

Our fanbase is too small. Artists like Ed Sheeran and Adele have the WHOLE GP buy their music.

As if Adele & Chuckie Finster are super involved with their fanbase. This line of thinking makes no sense. If anything, if an artists' sales are down they'll want to interact more. This is moot anyway as Gaga has already solidified herself and with her fans helping make Joanne & her jazz album a success (and don't try it with the tired ATRL-ed "it was local tho" arguments - a sale is a sale). You're also missing that it isn't exactly good for her mental well being to overshare anymore. 

Eros92

I think she has taken a step back but it's not a bad thing.

She's not just a celebrity, she s a person. And some fans can be nasty and cruel and extra. Back when she was starting out it was a different dynamic. Now she's blow up, she's one for the biggest stars out there. She just can't be the person she use to be. She needs her privacy and time with family and fiends. She doesn't need to be glued to her social media interacting with fans 24/7. We know she loves and cares about us, she's humble as ****. 

BLOODANDSEMEN

It’s also called “growing up”. It’s been 10 years. We’re all older and we should also be focusing on our lives & being our best selves, as she is! 

Didymus

There's no way she actually wanted to spend that much time on her fans as she did at her peak. That's called business with a heart, but that **** gets tiring.

Gracious Gaga

Tbh I think a lot of us need to distance ourselves from Gaga and start thinking about ourselves 

♥ Kindness Police.

Anthagio
23 hours ago, Der Meister said:

When Gaga first started she was the only artist who had a real relationship with her fans. She understood the meaning of fanbase and she was never afraid to mention her little monsters on her interviews and music, and she used to invite us backstage, replied to us on Twitter, stopping by on streets to have a real talk about her artistry etc. And now, she kinda is keeping herself away. I know she developed some sort of trauma, people constantly chasing her, invading her private life and property. But now it feels like she is only thinking about herself, and she left us behind. Do you agree? Please share your thoughts. :huh:

Because of fans like you. Because the idea of “thinking about herself” is a bad thing in your mind. Because she can’t be a human being on her own without you feeling like she’s doing something wrong. Because after nearly a decade of pandering to you people, you still whine and complain whenever she tries to do something to make herself happy. 

She distances herself because it’s what she needs to stay sane. Be appreciative that she’s not like Beyonce or any other pop star who stays away from their fans whenever possible. 

Seeka

I've always said born this way was the worst thing she could do for her career.

Being close to fans is not a good thing for a creative person. It overinflates fan ego and makes them feel self righteous and important. Thus it puts unneeded pressure on an artist when they're too nice. If an artist then becomes distant and mean they also lose.

Just because gaga is a singularity in regards to her fans doesnt mean its a good thing.

Her becoming close to her fans and inviting them into her life has been the worst decision for her career and mental health.

Stewful2929
2 minutes ago, Dolce Vita said:

I swear we have threads like this every month :poot:

True but I think it’s bc she’s getting more and more distant as time goes by but she has her reasons 

Archived