💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Has Gaga a lyrical problem on Born This Way?

corvus albus

Featured Posts

I'm sure most of us know this already, but she's explained the Born This Way movement/mentality numerous times throughout the era. It's not meant to be taken literally:

“You can be reborn over and over again until you find that part of you that is the best 'you’ that you can be.”

For example, during promo for Judas, she talked about how removing Judas' betrayal would render the significance of Jesus and his legacy useless; in the same way, we are all of our experiences.

A person of course, always is and was who he or she is, but past experiences, and the ability to experience the world from that perspective in the present is what makes all of us who we are. A transperson's transition is just as much a part of them as the meat on their bones; you have become exactly who you were always meant to be; God makes no mistakes.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supersonic
3 hours ago, DutchHooker said:

I am a 18 year old non-binary gender-fluid queer pansexual skinny-polytheist, who believes in multiple gods who are skinny, such as Mariah and Gaga, I also have no gender and switching gender at the same time, I am a pansexual, I love character, but in the mean time I don't like to label people, because I'm queer, but I have a very long lable, so I'm a paradox.

:trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga::trollga:

This could have been an intelligent thread for the first time in history in GGD but you came in and dragged the class level right into the pigpen.

sipthistea

Well, it shouldn't be taken too serious.

It's more of a motivational and uplifting line in the song. 

DutchHooker
26 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

This could have been an intelligent thread for the first time in history in GGD but you came in and dragged the class level right into the pigpen.

Because this thread is useless and would become sad about whether something is included or not, just have fun and enjoy your time, don't be sad about anything in life or all the tiny little things :queenga:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

Chromatislaps
4 hours ago, DutchHooker said:

I am everything... and I does not exist, because 'I' means me and I'm not 'me', I can be everything, just as ARTPOP...

giphy.gif

I'll have what you have :selena: 

DutchHooker
4 minutes ago, Derpplause said:

I'll have what you have :selena: 

W-E

A-R-E

DERP-HOOKER

===

LG6

LG6 ==

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

Also this

"It's about being able to know that when you were born, you weren’t just born in that moment; you have your entire life to realize the person that you're potentially going to become, and whoever you choose to be was part of your destiny. I'm encouraging people to know that in this moment you don't feel entirely happy or secure in who you are (you feel bullied or disenfranchised), it’s never too late to harness your confidence and your inner superstar and say ‘I was born this way’.”

corvus albus
3 hours ago, Eggsy said:

Not really.. Im not christian but i was raised christian.. God didn't make a mistake.. Hitler as a little kid was innocent.. All children are.. However He also gives free will.. That free will is what muddies the perfection.. How he was raised his life experiences and such. If he was adopted out say at 3 years old those terrible atrocities would have never happened.  Your not born to hate an entire race.. You learn it. 

Kids are asocial assholes. If you would remember your school day's (and your the one that get's bullied) you don't like children. Society is the reason why we are all socialized. This is why when people go to court psychologists search for their family and i anything wnet wrong there. It's the job of parents to socialize their children. If they're not doing their job ... well ... just look at most criminals. Children are not innocent! You shouldn't glorify children. They look cute, they act cute but they're not socialized.

Ziggy

This seems nitpicky. I think it's very evident given the context of the song that she's saying God made no mistakes in you. You are you however that is, not literally "oh god made no mistakes in your body composition." To me, when people break down lyrics like this, they are going way too far into low context language when English and specifically American culture is high context. They are looking at the bark of one tree as opposed to the whole forest but telling you ecology is doomed. If you know the sentiment is good then why squint hard enough to find something to be troubled by in a liberal ally? What a waste of time. There are certainly times when it's important to call out faulty activism that may be well-intentioned but poorly executed, but this isn't that time. Gaga didn't use BTW as a means to subtly dig at trans folk nor did she accidentally, she's speaking more in terms of personality and spirituality. God made you and you are no mistake however you are.

18 hours ago, DutchHooker said:

I am everything... and I does not exist, because 'I' means me and I'm not 'me', I can be everything, just as ARTPOP...

I am he as you are he as you are me
And we are all together

Bowman

I think she doesn’t mean god makes no mistakes in how god created someone’s body it’s like that trans person for example now knows who they want to be in life so they know they were born this way, so that’s who they are destined to be as either and Trans man or woman. So she’s keeping the positive vibes and saying “god made no mistakes so this is who you are”. I realised when I was younger that I was gay and I knew this is how I was born to be :queenga:

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Fame IV
21 hours ago, corvus albus said:

Now you can talk freely because the Monsters vanished :ladyhaha:

We're still here ahah

A Star is Born ⭐

corvus albus
3 minutes ago, Fame IV said:

We're still here ahah

We are Little Monsters, the actual Monsters got thrown out (hopefully)

Archived