Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do we appreciate ARTPOP enough?

xoxojohnwayne

Featured Posts

ryanripley
Just now, HYPODERMIC0 said:

EXCUSE ME!

BTW is the most loved album on this site. I think you're just confused cause you always see little ARTPOPSTERS like me defend this masterpiece, while BTW doesn't need that obvi.

I had to admit tho that when Joanne came out i missed the crazy looks and concepts but Joanne is still my 2nd fave.

trust me, it's ARTPOP that wins the polls lol

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

SHALLOW
Just now, ryanripley said:

trust me, it's ARTPOP that wins the polls lol

Gurl, i remember seeing so many polls and BTW was always winning so... I think you're incorrect :trollga:

That J

I did, still do and always will. My pity to those who were late to the ARTPOP love fest.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

stir the pot

It grew on me so f*cking much. Now I can't stop listening to the album. I truly believe it was ahead of its time. Venus would have been smashing now :giveup:

ordinarynam1310

This video alone makes me love ARTPOP so much. And the way she promote it at first.

I would love to see Gaga do one of this kind of video again. It's very mesmerizing, eccentric and somewhat heartfelt

And for me personally Gaga in ARTPOP era looks the best

FfFfFfFF

The idea of art and pop mixture alone is genius. ARTPOP as aesthetic is a combination of pop, care-free, trashy, acid imagery (Swine, MJH) and Roman/ Greek Mythology (pop culture being a place where stars are perceived as Deities - Venus), cosmos and planets themes (Venus again), sexuality and media (DWUW), while you still have the freedom to imagine anything (the title track). The creativity is immense here and I honestly doubt most of the critics had the patience to analyse it.

Miel

I am more in love with the era/"phase" of ARTPOP, specifically the second phase from January 2014 until the end of artRave, than the album itself.

Her performance of ARTPOP on Jimmy Fallon, Roseland, SXSW (especially), the looks during artRave, the combination with C2C- all absolutely incredible. And her performing was pretty top notch, too.

But, unlike her other albums, I felt like listening to the album itself didn't feel as exhilarating or fulfilling as I do when I watch her perform the songs live.

3 points in and ready for more

Smother Em Eh

Did this fanbase ever appreciate any of Gagas music enough? :lolga:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Ariana Grindr
5 hours ago, ryanripley said:

it's clear this fanbase has a track record of hating the current album and loving the previous one

ARTPOP is the most adored album on this website and i'm sure there'll be a sudden burst of love for Joanne once LG6 comes

the fact gaga changes every era is one of the top reasons i love her just as much since 2009, it would be boring if she was still trying to find ways to be dark and weird constantly

:firega:

Battle 4 Ur Life

YAS stan the ARTPOP fashion film. where wig snatching is the literal concept and plot. reverse warholian deconstructed post post contemporary beautiful mess. 

the right answer for your question is NO. ARTPOP will never be appreciated enough and that's fine because that's what it came for. to be unloved in all its misunderstood glory and cause the confusion that it did so well. so yeah she did change the world two albums in a row. 

don't believe me?

who is ARTPOP in 2018 and who is "Artflop" in 2018?:trollga:

:bye:

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

JINNOCIDE
15 hours ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

Gurl, i remember seeing so many polls and BTW was always winning so... I think you're incorrect :trollga:

thats beside @ryanripley's point tho

what they mean is whenever a new album comes there's this mass of hate because people expect it to be similar to the previous one, just because they're already familiar with the sound of it

so, whenever LG6 comes you'll see someone hating on it because "it's not like Joanne" (even though this should be amazing to some fans who hated it lol)

STAN RINA SAWAYAMA

ModernEcstasy

The ARTPOP era is my absolute fave (so far). It gave me so many memories and I wish I could relive it. 

ARTPOP the album definitely deserved more attention at the time. It’s a fantastic and fun album, with some of Gaga’s best moments (Dope, DWUW, Applause). 

I can’t help but wonder how well the album would have been received if she had released the singles like this:

Do What You Want (Solo)

Sexxx Dreams/ MANiCURE double single

Applause

:firega:

SHALLOW
1 hour ago, JINNOCIDE said:

thats beside @ryanripley's point tho

what they mean is whenever a new album comes there's this mass of hate because people expect it to be similar to the previous one, just because they're already familiar with the sound of it

so, whenever LG6 comes you'll see someone hating on it because "it's not like Joanne" (even though this should be amazing to some fans who hated it lol)

Honestly it doesn’t work like that for me. I know i’ll love LG6 way more than Joanne.

Archived